Sharp GF9000 on UK eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty_M

Member (SA)
Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane, AU
Wise words there Glue.

I know for a few of my boxes i would have paid more than a lot of the people on here would have. But hey...it's a decision which will only impact on me and no one else so who cares right?

Scott

Superduper

Member (SA)
this is not helping anyone accrue any positive blasterkarma
Rick, tshorba and aza are all 100% correct. And it all boils down to the single fact that such threads have not one bit of positive energy and no redeeming value. I come here to socialize and enjoy friends, not to experience negative atmosphere. I got that at home. I'm online to escape that. I want to preserve that. We want to prop up and support our friends, not discourage their participation. You can't afford that grail? I'm sorry about that -- I feel for you. I can't afford it either, and if I can't control myself, I might unwisely buy it anyway. But if I do, I would hope my brothers here will congratulate me for acquiring my personal grail instead of focusing on and ridiculing the price, or whining that I outbid you. If I knew you were bidding, and you asked me to -- I'd probably pass dibs. But remember, it hurts to do that if I'm willing to pay $800 and your dibs bid turned out to be a losing $200.

Anyhow, long story short, please resist the urge for such threads. IMHO, there is no good reason to discuss those as we've discussed them ad nauseum.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
So........I guess I shouldn't post anymore threads about $150 Teac tapes :lol:

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Superduper said:
Aza bought those tapes Reli, and I don't think he will appreciate the ridicule. Congrats Aza, on your purchase of those beautiful and rare tapes . :thumbsup:
I wan to see them. Please AZA. If i have the money i will buy any TEAC for sale out there no matter the price :drool:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Gluecifer said:
This place didn't exist when that DiscoLite got sold, AZA!
If ti's the one that sold our of Ballarat about 4-5 years ago that I'm thinking of.

I can't believed I saved a pic of it, but not of the box!

[ Image ]

BUT, while looking for it, I did find a SUPER rare picture of another boombox that I thought had been lost to the ages, since I'm sure the thread's been deleted on s2go.

Will post this soon! VERY exciting.

Rock On.
Thats the one Glue ! Look how clean that Discolite is :drool:
Thanks for sharing the picture, maybe one day someone will come forward with pics of
the box too.

and............... whats this other SUPER rare picture ??? Im curious now :hmmm:

Superduper said:
this is not helping anyone accrue any positive blasterkarma
Rick, tshorba and aza are all 100% correct. And it all boils down to the single fact that such threads have not one bit of positive energy and no redeeming value. I come here to socialize and enjoy friends, not to experience negative atmosphere. I got that at home. I'm online to escape that. I want to preserve that. We want to prop up and support our friends, not discourage their participation. You can't afford that grail? I'm sorry about that -- I feel for you. I can't afford it either, and if I can't control myself, I might unwisely buy it anyway. But if I do, I would hope my brothers here will congratulate me for acquiring my personal grail instead of focusing on and ridiculing the price, or whining that I outbid you. If I knew you were bidding, and you asked me to -- I'd probably pass dibs. But remember, it hurts to do that if I'm willing to pay $800 and your dibs bid turned out to be a losing $200.

Anyhow, long story short, please resist the urge for such threads. IMHO, there is no good reason to discuss those as we've discussed them ad nauseum.
Totally agree Super. I think thats what got me started on my rant in the first place ( apparently i need to take some chill pills for that, good thing
i got a years supply :lol: ) the fact that i want to come here and share the passion and excitement of our hobby. I hate coming here and
getting bummed out.

ClaretBadger

Member (SA)
Nov 15, 2009
The Lone Star state
www.flickr.com
BALLS!

If someone is upset about the price they paid - then they paid too much! fair and simple

tish and tash to them and be damned!

If I wanna moan - and for all the negatives you may want to launch this way - the best thing we got out ot this was a debate out of it (although SOME people can't help get personal) I feel this can only be healthy for this site - maybe even get some of the lurkers on here.

You can't just say our opinion is right because that's they "way it is" or "that's what they're worth"

to hell with the "way it is" - if you don't ask for change you'll never get it - even if somethimes though you feel like it is screaming at a wall - it sure is cathartic (well for me anyway), and hey someone else may get a laugh out of it - no matter how uncomfortable it is for someonelse

It's like some people here have NEVER moaned about nothing - milk, price of bacon subway tickers . . .

150 bucks for Teac's is another thing - I gave my last 6 pack of the away to some DJ type about 15 years ago

Now go and buy some TDK MA-XG's for gawd sake! :drool:

Superduper

Member (SA)
Nobody here has cried about overpaying for their box. Only YOU are crying about something YOU were too damn cheap to not pay for. Some people can take a hint. I guess some can't.

And you know what? I have NEVER moaned about milk, price of bacon subway tickers . . . I pretty sure you can search all of my and most members posts and it no lie.

But what I'm moaning bout here is the constant moaning, no, make that crying and whining, about prices of boomboxes. Hey man, just stick with the eggs from now on, they plenty cheap. You can collect lots of boomboxes to your hearts content. Just make sure they have lots of curves. Not everyone is entitled to a grail. Gotta pay if you want to play, and the rest is just sour grapes.

Hate to be direct but frankly, I'm just fed up with it.

ClaretBadger

Member (SA)
Nov 15, 2009
The Lone Star state
www.flickr.com
wow!

well I never :sadno:

I thought this was a public forum - if thoughts and opinions are too be kept to oneself then what is the point having em? This IS becoming some post McCarthyist nightmare

If a friend was to pay over the odds for something would you not point it out?

I think you need to relax -

and i'll promise not to moan on your watch sir

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Dang, are you guys STILL arguing about this stuff? :huh: :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.