Sharp GF9000 on UK eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Andy_from_Perth said:
i dont know how good or rare that box is (doesnt appeal to me at all), but i agree with the claretbadger :-D
Andy you just said it yourself... you dont even know how good or rare the GF9000 is, you most likely have never even seen one,
and yet based on all that knowledge, you agree with ClaretBadger ! Seriously ???

and what do you agree with exactly ?? that the price is too high ? that the buyer paid too much ? that this boombox cant be worth
that amount ??
Did you consider perhaps why someone may have paid that much ? Maybe it was based on strong sentimental reasons.
Isn't that why you bought your Marantz ??

Well consider this Andy. You paid over $400AU, plus postage, for your Marantz and yet i have proof that i have offered the very same style Marantz
to a member here for the cost of postage only. Unlike your statement about the GF9000 i do know what that Marantz is like, i have one, and
its not worth $400+ to me, no way is it !.......... but it is to you,and you really wanted yours and paid the coin for it. and when you proudly displayed
your new purchase, nobody came down on you, not even me. And yet how quickly you make judgement on someone elses purchase !

ClaretBadger, i appreciate your follow up comments. If you feel that the auction was perhaps bogus then yes you are right,
it sux the big one :thumbsdown: if it seems even a little bit strange it does make you wonder :hmmm: but if it is legit then
congrats to both parties :yes:

Scotty_M

Member (SA)
Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane, AU
AZA said:
Andy_from_Perth said:
i dont know how good or rare that box is (doesnt appeal to me at all), but i agree with the claretbadger :-D
Andy you just said it yourself... you dont even know how good or rare the GF9000 is, you most likely have never even seen one,
and yet based on all that knowledge, you agree with ClaretBadger ! Seriously ???

and what do you agree with exactly ?? that the price is too high ? that the buyer paid too much ? that this boombox cant be worth
that amount ??
Did you consider perhaps why someone may have paid that much ? Maybe it was based on strong sentimental reasons.

Well consider this Andy. You paid over $400AU, plus postage, for your Marantz and yet i have proof that i have offered the very same style Marantz
to a member here for the cost of postage only. Unlike your statement about the GF9000 i do know what that Marantz is like, i have one, and
its not worth $400+ to me, no way is it !.......... but it is to you,and you really wanted yours and paid the coin for it. and when you proudly displayed
your new purchase, nobody came down on you, not even me. And yet how quickly you make judgement on someone elses purchase !

ClaretBadger, i appreciate your follow up comments. If you feel that the auction was perhaps bogus then yes you are right,
it sux the big one :thumbsdown: if it seems even a little bit strange it does make you wonder :hmmm: but if it is legit then

Well said. :)

Scott

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I would just have to say with the fluctuating prices that have been going on I believe every member and buyer/seller is a bit confused. But as a rule of thumb for all of us, the bbx is worth whatever the buyer and seller agree upon :thumbsup: with that said we all have our own little prices on what each box is worth to us. But that is what makes us all different ,and strange as it may be, posting possible out of the ordinary high selling prices is one topic that keeps the forum alive :w00t:

Superduper

Member (SA)
AZA said:
Andy_from_Perth said:

that amount ??

:agree: and Thank You Aza for saving me the need to do all that typing.

Andy_from_Perth

Member (SA)
Oct 25, 2011
Perth
AZA said:
Andy_from_Perth said:
Andy you just said it yourself... you dont even know how good or rare the GF9000 is, you most likely have never even seen one, correct!

and what do you agree with exactly ?? that the price is too high ? yeah, looked like some sort of scam sale or something that the buyer paid too much ? that this boombox cant be worth
that amount ??

No i bought the marantz cause they sound good & look cool. the RXF35 im getting is the one for sentimental reasons

Well consider this Andy. You paid over $400AU, plus postage, it was $450 delivered

for your Marantz and yet i have proof that i have offered the very same style Marantz

hey i wouldnt have minded if people told me i paid too much for it, $450 is not alot of money for me, and when i want things i want them asap - i dont have much patience, also i had the option to return the box if i wasnt happy with it - which was appealing

ive replied to each point in bold, cause its easier that way :-D
cheers

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
kingrat2010 said:
true
i read most of the new threads out of curiosity but if i want to know which box sells for what kind of money i look up ebay or http://www.hifi-preise.com
for example sharp gf 9000 http://hifi-preise.com/suche.php?keyword=sharp+gf+9000
not to offend anybody :blush:
Exactly

Thus proving that the GF9000 usually goes for a lot less

But, like any box, it has ups and downs......Especially when more and more new people enter the hobby......They will not know how rare or common a box is, and so if they see something they like for the very first time, they might assume it's rare, and bid a lot for it. Witness the $700 paid for an RX-5500 a few months ago.

As people's searching skills improve, they will realize that most boxes aren't very rare. For example, I would estimate that I see approximately one GF-9000 each month on Ebay. So, while it's certainly much rarer than an M70 or GF-9191, it's not a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. But affluent newbies don't realize this. That is why you see these sky-high prices.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Andy those are your words
" hey i wouldnt have minded if people told me i paid too much for it, $450 is not alot of money for me, and when i want things i want them asap - i dont have much patience, also i had the option to return the box if i wasnt happy with it - which was appealing"

So you want to say thats work for you but not work for others :hmmm: .
Damn, if i want any given box at given moment i dont give a **** about the price i will pay that much that im ready to spend. Strange thing here - we, the ex communistic country dudes are the poorest and never wail about the prices. IMO it is really kiddish to wain about the prices on such subject like collectables . I agree that always there will be some people for who the grape which is growing too high is sour. But dudes - grow up and dont tell to others with ladders that they are stupid :-P . GF 9000 is a great box and if somebody was waiting or just decided that wants exactly this one, and dont piss in the pants from some extra cash why not. Actually - respect to such dudes :yes: . Some people are not after price at all, they fight on ebay. So if thats make em happy. Its just another hobby. And actually if they can keep it going i just can say - well done.
Joy dont have price. And all is about the joy. So whatever makes happy some people if not affecting others is cool whit me.
Soon an NZ dude will post amazing cheap catch of the year (not saying who and what :-P ). Is that meaning that the prices of the given grail must drop drastic, or all wich bought it for lot lot more are dumb? Damn strange thing dudes - some are sounding like you want to have fixed prices. It was that way in the communism.
And whats boder me mostly - damn good virtual friends turn against each other here on such treads :-/ . Thats sad :sadno: .We are family dudes and dudettes :thumbsup: Let the sales and buys go in some wired ways sometime, but all we know - all will settle down anyway.
:beer2: to all dudes and "chocolate smile" for all girls among us.
sorry for my poor English :blush:

joeladamkrueger

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2011
AZA said:
Andy_from_Perth said:

that amount ??

Congratulation you are the much deserving winner of: A LIFE TIME PRESCRIPTION for chill pills! (are to be swallowed whole and taken regularly) :lol:

Andy_from_Perth

Member (SA)
Oct 25, 2011
Perth
stormsven, i dont know why you care so much about my opinion on this - i am clearly a noob in the world of boombox prices.

but life is great so i can handle it :lol:

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
ClaretBadger said:
BUT in this case - either hyperinflation is at work, someone's cat jumped on the keyboard or someone with aspergers bid on it.
the box is not original - heck it's not even with it's original box or has ten pund notes stuffed in the battery compartment

No in this instance this auction stinks of BS
:hmmm: two people were involed in the price reaching what it did and both people had bid on a number of boxes/audio, the winner had bids with seven different sellers :huh: I am trying to figure out where the BS is, maybe you can clarify this past the point that you didn't like the price, which does not make the listing/sale BS. Now if you look at the bid history it clearly shows both the winner and other bidder have feedback and are buyers of boxes.

On ebay.au there is always VZ's and Disco Robo's in the last month one of each have sold for two to three times the normal price, was this BS, no. The robo more than likely went to a buyer in asia who tries to buy every one on ebay.au, the VZ had a working turntable that probably made people (yes people) bid higher. In both cases feedback was left (the transactions went through). Would I complain about the prices on the two listing, no because it was not me who brought them, would I begrudge AZA, Alfie or Glue (AU brothers), whom I know have outbid me, for there collections because they can spend more than me, hell no more power to them, I make it up with hard yards and my collection is growing quite nicely.

There will always be cases of boxes selling for high $$

I know one of the peole on the "lurkers" list and this is the exact reason he felt a little uncomfortable here. He has paid more for some boxes than I would and does not feel comfortable posting incase he is riddiculed for it. I do wonder how many of the 224 lurkers read this type of thread and get scared of posting on the forum, it's about the love of boxes not your negativity of not being able to afford them.

I say stop complaining about prices beyond you, it helps nothing and is not a contribution to the site. In threads like this https://boomboxery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920 if you think the price is too high send a PM instead of crapping on peoples sales in public and think of the forum and it's members, not just yourself.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
stormsven said:
I agree that always there will be some people for who the grape which is growing too high is sour. But dudes - grow up and dont tell to others with ladders that they are stupid :-P
That is great, stormsven! :thumbsup: :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
tshorba said:
I do wonder how many of the 224 lurkers read this type of thread and get scared of posting on the forum,...
Members, and lurkers, are not required to post how much they paid for a boombox. All we care about is them sharing their love for boomboxes with us - and lots of pics. :-D

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
tshorba said:
There will always be cases of boxes selling for high $$

I know one of the peole on the "lurkers" list and this is the exact reason he felt a little uncomfortable here. He has paid more for some boxes than I would and does not feel comfortable posting incase he is riddiculed for it. I do wonder how many of the 224 lurkers read this type of thread and get scared of posting on the forum, it's about the love of boxes not your negativity of not being able to afford them.
This is a very good point tshorba and this is one of the reasons it frustrates me when we have price complainers.

A few members here may remember back when a very nice discolite in its original box sold on Epay in Australia for
i believe over $2000
So many 'opinions' where given about the buyer and the price its little wonder i have never seen it shared on our
forums. Unless i missed it ??

but if it hasn't been shared, where is it ? Who has it ?
I would love for them to share it with us. We even have a new thread here asking to see original boxes for boomboxes !
well thats one original box i would like to see again :yes: I remember there where pics of it but i dont recall anymore
what it looked like. Plus i would love to see more pics of the actual boombox.
Thats why most of us are here, to share our passion for Boomboxes.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
This place didn't exist when that DiscoLite got sold, AZA!
If ti's the one that sold our of Ballarat about 4-5 years ago that I'm thinking of.

I can't believed I saved a pic of it, but not of the box!

BUT, while looking for it, I did find a SUPER rare picture of another boombox that I thought had been lost to the ages, since I'm sure the thread's been deleted on s2go.

Will post this soon! VERY exciting.

On the subject of all this talk about a radio being too expensive or it being fair or not: none of this matters. Remember what we always say when someone new joins asking what a radio is worth? The answer is between $3 and $3000. Well, when it goes for $3000 who's to say this is good or bad? It is what it is and the only person with any control over this is the person bidding. I learned a long time ago that worring and concerning yourself about things like this that you have no control over is a waste of energy. It's hard to wish someone well who's outbid you, and it's easy to cast aspersions on them if you don't know them; especially on the internet, and it may seem cathartic if you were the one who was outbid but, and I hate to get all esoteric and existential, but this is not helping anyone accrue any positive blasterkarma. And we all know that's what gets you your grails at the end of the day.

Boomboxes aren't a stock market commodity that are bound by rules or even sense. Treating them like they are will only lead to pain and disappointment.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.