R.I.P. RadioShack

Status
Not open for further replies.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
trippy1313 said:
^^^^^This was similar to one of the things I had, what's the date on that one? I had mine around.... '93... that looks possibly older.
My book for it says 1982 on the inside cover

Nice one Chris I saw him live a couple months ago he rocks :lol:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The internet killed Radshack, but it will always be close in my heart. I too went there as a kid poking and prodding at the goodies I couldn't have but only dream of. The remote control cars, miles of wire, Realistic and Optimus brands to droll over.

Radshack never did me wrong. When I first started driving in summer of 2000, I loaded up my 1992 Cutlass Supreme with 2 Optimus 12's in the trunk, Optimus box, Optimus XL-400 bridged for the 12's, 2 Optimus 10's mounted in the rear deck, 1 Optimus 10 mounted between the front seats, and those 10's powered with a Optimus XL-200 bridged.

Every time I blew one of my speakers, they would warranty it and hand me a new one off the shelf. After enough 'loud music' tickets I eventually sold the system to pay some tickets. HA

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
blu_fuz said:
The internet killed Radshack, but it will always be close in my heart. I too went there as a kid poking and prodding at the goodies I couldn't have but only dream of. The remote control cars, miles of wire, Realistic and Optimus brands to droll over.

Radshack never did me wrong. When I first started driving in summer of 2000, I loaded up my 1992 Cutlass Supreme with 2 Optimus 12's in the trunk, Optimus box, Optimus XL-400 bridged for the 12's, 2 Optimus 10's mounted in the rear deck, 1 Optimus 10 mounted between the front seats, and those 10's powered with a Optimus XL-200 bridged.

Every time I blew one of my speakers, they would warranty it and hand me a new one off the shelf. After enough 'loud music' tickets I eventually sold the system to pay some tickets. HA
Wow man, that's cool. I didn't know they warrantied their speakers....I guess we know why they went under :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a lot of speakers in that car! :rock:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I had lights hooked up to the stereo, blue accent lights along the headliner and rear deck, AND a **** load of 'blue fuzz' like cookie monster wrapped material inside the car. That's where I got the blu_fuz tag from. The chicks loved the cookie monster car, and I was like NOM NOM NOM on them in the back seat, hahahaha.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Hahahahaha

Ah the good ol days.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Check out my wire job on that switch! Still got the skills hahahahaha.

image.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
i love those cutlasses they have good engines 3.8 v6 if i remember correctly. hell i owned many a radio shack car amps and they always had plenty of power and good sound. they ran hot as hell but they worked and were simple and not close to the cheapest brand these amps still bring decent money on ebay. over the years i owned a vast array of radio shack products and about 20 years ago one opened up a mile away from me and it's still there. saved me lots of time being so close i hope it stays open because its easy to buy a can of control cleaner and its right down the street from me.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Swung by my local Shack last night and it was already empty, looks like I should've picked up some Deoxit when I was there a few weeks ago..:sad:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
JustCruisin said:
Swung by my local Shack last night and it was already empty, looks like I should've picked up some Deoxit when I was there a few weeks ago..:sad:
That's exactly what I was going to get at mine. Luckily there was an open RadioShack in another town on my way home. But MY RadioShack is all gone. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.