Prince died today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Started my tribute wall hanging today, cut from 3/4" MDF.. Just about to sand all the edges smooth so I can paint it purple metalflake & kandy.. Going to order a roll of purple LEDs, so it will have a "halo glow" on the backside.. Plan on spacing the mounting brackets at least an inch off the wall, so it'll appear like its floating!
View attachment 27892

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
JustCruisin said:
Started my tribute wall hanging today, cut from 3/4" MDF.. Just about to sand all the edges smooth so I can paint it purple metalflake & kandy.. Going to order a roll of purple LEDs, so it will have a "halo glow" on the backside.. Plan on spacing the mounting brackets at least an inch off the wall, so it'll appear like its floating!
image.jpg
Bro' that is going to be so cool, can't wait to see the finish product.

By the way any chance you will make more as I'm interested in one. Just PM me if so and how much.

Here's another video of Prince in his element that is an all girl band 3rd Eye Girl at Saturday Night Live.

Check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LmiGZM3NqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPxQJDDXgo

Miss you still bro'!! R.I.P.

Love Ya!

The Only Love there is, Is The Love We Make!!!

At the end of that song you could tell he was feeling it deeply!!

Beautiful lyric that is so true.

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
JustCruisin said:
image.jpg
nice!!!...can't wait to see the end result.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Thanks dudes! Rounded all the edges and applied fiberglass resin to seal up the wood pores, then sanded the resin and applied high build primer..
image.jpg
image.jpg

Blocked the primer and sealed it with black ground coat..
Didnt have any ready made purple on the shelf, so custom mixed a lavender purple..
image.jpg
image.jpg

Fushia metalflake is next, followed with a custom mix candy purple!
This last photo shows it spaced out 2", I will also try 1.5" and see which looks the best with the LED glow.. :yes:
image.jpg

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Sprayed 5 coats of Fushia flake and clear last night, next are some intricate designs followed by a custom-mix candy purple..
I forgot to mention this piece is 32" tall and about 28" wide..
image.jpg
image.jpg

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
There's only one word for this: Magnificent! You've produced something very, very special here and should be incredibly proud with the result.

Can't wait for the lighting effects........................

:popcorn:

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Soon gonna record a bunch of his R&B soulful music. Some tracks are very light on bass, mids and highs as some of these were recorded mid to late 80's. Got to EQ them to be as close to the others to balanced the sound out. The process can be a pain but well worth it!!

Much love to the purple one!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I was wondering why this thread keeps being bumped to the top. Nice tribute !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.