Prince died today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
My phone almost blew up yesterday! So many calls,texts,Twitter,Facebook,ect!😓😔😮
I was communicating with his bodyguard,Jummy Jam Harris(The Time),Mick Jagger,George Clinton,former General Managet/Iwner of 1st.Avenue!😮😔😓 its was so hard,so exhausting,so sad!! Many of his old friends are my friends. Yes he read my posts,he knew me,talked to me briefly,said hi! Saw me and George Clinton partying a little in Studio B at Paisley Park and he smiled!😋😎
I just can't believe this,I've talked to Sheila E in the past about the 85' birthday party.Many private performances!😮😔😓 just to hard!!😔😓🎶🎼🎵📟💳📟

Okelly

Member (SA)
Aug 23, 2015
WOW! Those are 3 amazing videos showing the great prolific talent that is Prince!!! His music is always a go-to when I blast on one of my boxes. When I got my 931 up and running the first song played on it was 7. Killer bottom end and supper sharp high end. I don't care who you are, you have to respect his talent and his ability move you with his music! Much love for the Purple One!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
redbenjoe said:
yo jeff -
what do you do for work ?
ie - how do you know all these rock stars , etc ?
Hi Ira,I'm from Wayzata,Mn. I was and have been around musicians all of my life.I used to play the piano and several other instruments when I was younger.
I am a huge Prince fan,I danced at 1st.Ave.was a regular and knew many musicians.Knowing Prince's bodyguard and Jimmy Jam and so many others just became friends by being a regular especuslly on the nights when Prince would be there,BTW we both had black BMW's we both had the same friends,we both hung out at the same clubs and yes I always hung around gorgeous girls! I think he respected me.

I ran a celebrity website for a former popular singer who was ver famous in the early 2000's.
Then I helped run AMI Planet which was a celebrity website that was well known and we had some celebrities posting there as they were members. Even E! Entertainment Guiliana Rancic was communicating with me and I've been to their building in Beverly Hills.Ryan Seacrest took notice to my work as well.
Now I help run a disaster relief organization and we have Taylor Swift on board and she's so kind and nice.
This is just a part of my life.
I have my Twitter account back after 5 years after getting into a fight with the former owner.
It's all good now and I'm back stronger than ever.😎🎼

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I saw the Rolling Stones in 1981 at the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles. George Thorogood and Prince opened. That was the first time I had ever heard him or his music. To be honest, I barely remember that show at all, it was so long ago.

To me, Prince is the end of an era. Today's false "Musicians" or "Pop Stars", whatever you call them. The Justin Bieber's, the Katy Perry's, the American Idol karaoke puppets, they are acting the part, but Prince WAS the part. These people today don't write their own music, they don't play any instruments, they have perfect pitch, a smile and sometimes tits and that's all. They aren't great rock stars, they don't have 1/100th of the talent that this man had. They are merely actors dressing up in the "Costume" and portraying the persona that Prince help create. A real Rock Star.

You never saw Prince loaded falling down drunk out in front of a bar in NY. He was never an airport TMZ whore or a relationship break up drama queen. I can't remember him doing anything more than bringing positive vibes to this world. Usually in a very flamboyant fashion. Which takes a lot A BALLS!

The musicians of this era are going fast.

Much respect to The Purple One!
Amen brother. Amen to all of it.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
ford93 said:
Gave new life to this amazing song!!
I actually watched that earlier today! Thanks for posting the "Guitar Gently Weeps" tribute, I've been watching it over and over again.. Making me wish I could shred an axe like him!

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
JustCruisin said:
I actually watched that earlier today! Thanks for posting the "Guitar Gently Weeps" tribute, I've been watching it over and over again.. Making me wish I could shred an axe like him!
Wow, I've heard him plenty, but never actually seen him play like that. I had no idea how fast he could play. That's a great tribute to George. A lot of greats in there.

soundboy

Member (SA)
Feb 17, 2014
toronto ontario Canada
Prince was one of only a few
He managed his success well
Prince in my opinion is at the level a John Lennon
I can't think of anyone else where i can say that!
R.I.P
prince

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Wow, I've heard him plenty, but never actually seen him play like that. I had no idea how fast he could play. That's a great tribute to George. A lot of greats in there.
If that performance doesn't bring a tear to your eye, nothing will.

He was every bit as technically proficient on guitar as Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen or Chris Impellitteri. But when you factor in his vocal range, keyboard capabilities, songwriting, producing and engineering skills, you realize this guy was way above them all. All those guitar players mentioned above are great guitar players. But Prince was way more than that.

Oh and he was also a pure ROCK STAR! Lived and breathed it....

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
You said it Chris! Every performer in this song is totally giving it, from the keyboard player, to the dude with the bongos and tambourine, just everyone! It pumps me up and takes my breath away, and makes me so happy and sad all at the same time! Prince definitely turned the party up!
While most youtube videos are full of hateful comments, it's refreshing to scroll down this video and see so much love for an artist that has passed..
View attachment 27227
View attachment 27228
View attachment 27229

Everything about this whole performance is extraordinary, but it's Prince's 4th "around the world" guitar squeal at 5:16 that gets me every time! Must be why I love the Blues so much.. Sounds like the guitar had an orgasm! Haha
Here it is again for those who missed it on the first page:
http://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

ralrein1

Member (SA)
I remember seeing that video back when it first came out back in "04".I knew from my teenage years watching Prince videos on MTV that the guy could play guitar.However when I saw this tribute to George Harrison I was truly impressed by Prince's guitar playing ability.The guy could really play guitar.Very reminiscent of Jimmy Hendricks.He will be missed.Again R.I.P. Prince.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Hey Ghettoboom that's cool to hear your history in the twin towns, I grew up there and spent many years at 1st Ave./7th St. Entry seeing shows.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
caution said:
Hey Ghettoboom that's cool to hear your history in the twin towns, I grew up there and spent many years at 1st Ave./7th St. Entry seeing shows.
Hi Caution,that's great! I was mostly there at the Ave from 83'-87'.
Many other clubs to Marsh's,Pacific Club,Glam Slam and one of my favorites,Grafittis!!😋😎

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Sad that the family decided to cremate his body, but you have to respect that or it's something that Prince would have wanted.

Now comes the battle over his estate damn I really hate to see that!!

He worked so hard over the years to what he has build.

I'm in the process of gathering all his best and remaster the sound quality, this is going to take me a long time to finish.

Doing it for the love!!

Again R.I.P. bro'

Status
Not open for further replies.