Post your cassette finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MasterBlaster84 said:
What's up with the TDK Pro SM-20 bobby? I've never seen or heard of one of those but it looks cool. :hmmm:
They were/are used mostly for distributing demo recordings. I have an extra one of those. ;-)

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Scored 17 of these NIB JVC XFIV-90 today. Never seen these before but they are Metal Position so they should be good. I just can't walk away whenever I come across these new good quality tapes.
I like the "Closer To The Musical Truth" on them!

satchfan

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2010
my rarest cassette is a demo cassette of "The Squares" a band Joe Satriani was in before he went solo, it's an original demo tape with the managers phone number on a printed/labeled cassette, i'll see if i can dig up pics of it, songs are rare also, i have posted clips of the songs in the past but i'm afraid i'm not ready to put the whole thing out there since i paid alot of money for it about 10 years ago

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I don't recall ever seeing a cassette with a boombox already on it like that. Interesting find. :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oooh, those are nice, Alex. :yes: I might just have to do a trade with you. Do you have any Maxell XL II 90s like the one on top in this picture?

Ok, check this out,
At the same store where I found the sealed 1982 TDK SA 90
I found this white/gold wrapper Sony today...
31 year old sealed Type IV (Metal) HOLY CRAPPOLA!!! :blush:
I'm a happy sonnova bietch...
Gonna go back this saturday for some more of these and the TDK's SA 90's...
Lemme know if any of you are interested!
This Sony cassette was made from 1979-1981 - Sony Metallic 60 (Type IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.