I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
OK GZ -
somewhat agree -
however - to continue with your opinion -
if he move ALL the way around the world -
then he ends up in his exact same starting spot --
so what happens to his post count then ?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
I wish you well with your move Chris - I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy your time there.

Take care brother,

James..... :-)
Thanks bro

redbenjoe said:
just theoretically ......... no names of course ..

if a california member moves to italy-
does he automatically loose his post count -
and have to start from ZERO
?
WRONG! Nice try soon to be #2! I will have LOTS to post about when I get there!

fromNKLwithlove said:
I think that is the case, if something like that happens..
No names of course.. :hmmm:
Please don;t encourage him :lol:

bklyn sound said:
well look on the bright side you can locate all the parts you need for service for much less coin there then her in the states........ best wishes brother ........... jimmy
I do plan on looking at some parts I need, clutch kit, gaskets, suspension parts. So I may bring all that back.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
-GZ- said:
Well my opinion is if he moves HALF way around the world he should only lose HALF of his post count. That's fair.
If you move even 5 feet I will be forced to dock your post count! :lol: :lol: :lol:

redbenjoe said:
OK GZ -
somewhat agree -
however - to continue with your opinion -
if he move ALL the way around the world -
then he ends up in his exact same starting spot --
so what happens to his post count then ?
NO, because if I go to Italy, I will be flying across the US and Atlantic and then back, not "Around"! Why are we having this conversation again? :lol:

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
You know he's coming back right? :lol:
Thank you Jimmy!

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Chris you're leaving at such a right time as next year who knows how this country will be with so much hate arising.

One thing!!!

Do not pound any Boomers at the "Leaning Tower of Pisa"!! :sadno:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Is that all of them right there? That's such a big move I can't even imagine the process of it all and moving all those.
That's almost all of them, plus the Lasonic L30 in the mail coming this way, and a box Just Crusin is sending me, oh and a radio I'm getting from Reli, oh yeah there's that deal I am working with hvs_asonicmade LOL, but yeah, thats most of it! OH Hell, I forgot the two in the repair shop, the VZ2000 and Clairtone 7979! LOL It never ends!

redbenjoe said:
glad to see you are bringing your rubber mallet and your big D duracell :hooray:
I need something to zap and smack those damn Italians with!

ford93 said:
Chris you're leaving at such a right time as next year who knows how this country will be with so much hate arising.

One thing!!!

Do not pound any Boomers at the "Leaning Tower of Pisa"!! :sadno:
I'll tell ya man, I am bummed on what is happening with my country. The weight of the world is on everyone's shoulders. One thing I liked about living in Japan, I had no clue what was happening in the news. The news was in Japanese and about their issues. It only took a short time until a feeling of calm comes over you. I can't change what is happening in this world. I'm tired of hearing about it and being stressed of it. Time to enjoy the rest of my life, how ever much that is.

As for the tower of Pisa...I think we should do a Big Blaster POUNDING Test. Answer the question once and for all, what radio has the most power!

MyOhMy said:
Was it painful? How did this feel?
:hmmm:
No, not too bad. I was happy to have my collection down off those glass shelves. They go in the garage sale pile!

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Hahaha. Moving halfway around the world, and instead of slowing down the collection like a sane person... You pick it up 3 notches!!!! If I wore hats, I would take it off to you sir.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
Hahaha. Moving halfway around the world, and instead of slowing down the collection like a sane person... You pick it up 3 notches!!!! If I wore hats, I would take it off to you sir.
HA HA, I know, I'm insane and since we last spoke, I bought another Lasonic 931 1st gen on eBay! LOL
The L30 just showed up
20161117_153425.jpg

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
1st Gen? Finally! Hopefully it arrives in good shape. I personally think the 1st Gen is the best looking of them. The eq design and color differences throughout the box are gorgeous.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
trippy1313 said:
1st Gen? Finally! Hopefully it arrives in good shape. I personally think the 1st Gen is the best looking of them. The eq design and color differences throughout the box are gorgeous.
Never seen one, never heard one. Do they sound different?

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Never seen one, never heard one. Do they sound different?
Honestly my 1st Gen somebody was in there before me as there was an extra capacitor on the woofer, so it sounds a little off on one side, I haven't gotten to doing a full restore yet, just fixed the busted posts and swapped the bad transformer when I got it. I think it looks better though. Kinda my shelf queen till i do it.

Will

Member (SA)
Oct 24, 2016
DMV
Are the apartments in Italy big enough to hold those boomboxes. I watch 'House Hunters International' on HGTV and most of the places there are small. Depending on your bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.