Official Boombox Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
I've realized that too, Chris.. Newspapers and current event magazines are becoming dead technology..
Newspapers are really only for the people too old to access the Internet..
But, with Boombox Magazine..you are catering to a specific market..collectors! Who love to have a physical copy of their memories and not just an online slideshow..
Well, my wife uses news papers to dry taco shells after frying them in oil. Can't remember ever seeing her read one :hmmm:

I guess the real question should be, what do you want in a Boombox Magazine? Just sexy pictures of radios in the wild? Do the articles even matter? Kind of like Playboy?

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
This has probably been stated somewhere in the thread, but I'm too lazy--what kind of content does this magazine offer? Interviews of former manufacturers? Old photos? Doesn't seem like a topic that would have much longevity, in terms of content for a magazine series.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
FWSnake said:
This has probably been stated somewhere in the thread, but I'm too lazy--what kind of content does this magazine offer? Interviews of former manufacturers? Old photos? Doesn't seem like a topic that would have much longevity, in terms of content for a magazine series.
The last issue featured interviews with the members of 2LiveCrew and we spoke about them growing up and owning radio's back in the 80's. We also do head to head features reviews of models that were on the shelves side by side in the 80's. We featured reader's collections, photo shoots with classic BMX bikes and radio's. Covered Boombox meets from around the world, like in Brazil, Belarus, Las Vegas and California. We covered the 4 largest radio's ever made in the "Big 4" issue. We did an interview with The Hip Hop Trooper with an up close look at his custom Star Wars themed "Def Star Thumper" boombox.

Details at www.BoomboxMag.com

SLO said:
Like Dave said, we will do whatever we can to help with future content for upcoming issues Chris. Dave has been SUPER busy networking. We have a lot of fun getting the word out there too.
We appreciate everything you have done. There will be more. Just getting the ducks in line now.

FWSnake

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2017
Oregon, USA
That sounds great. The 2Live interview was interesting in of itself. Can't wait to see coverage of intl. meets. Keep this stuff up

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
im_alan_partridge said:
Ive actually got my arse into gear and ordered issues 1, 2 and 3. They were printed and shipped about a week ago so I guess ive got about a further week or 10 days to wait :thumbsup:
Excellent, thank you, hope you enjoy them

GOOD NEWS ON THE HOME FRONT....

I just received an official email from trade marking, my brother Will and I own the rights to Boombox Magazine!

We can now move forward with some other steps we were waiting on.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Ive actually got my arse into gear and ordered issues 1, 2 and 3. They were printed and shipped about a week ago so I guess ive got about a further week or 10 days to wait :thumbsup:

I just received an official email from trade marking, my brother Will and I own the rights to Boombox Magazine!

Ah, I may have to bring my issues to the UK meet with me and get them signed :-D

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mancardo said:
Congratulations Chris & Will! :clap: :clap:
Thanks Brother

trippy1313 said:
That's awesome guys! Great news! I'm curious, whats it take & cost to trademark something these days?

That's pretty big news man. Congratulations.
All finished it was just under $1k when it was all said and done.

im_alan_partridge said:

Ah, I may have to bring my issues to the UK meet with me and get them signed :-D

Ha Ha, there you go!

SLO said:
This is great news, so does this mean that Dave and I still have jobs? LOL. Congrats to both of you Chris and Will!
Yep, your still the west coast's roving reporter's!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Here are some more updates on the magazine

We got our:

"NOTIFICATION OF "NOTICE OF PUBLICATION" trademark application (Serial No.**********) is scheduled to publish in the Official Gazette on Jul 25, 2017.

This means that after this, we can put the little TM below our logo and resume business.

[SIZE=12.8px]​Next, I have been in contact with a real printing company that was recommended to us from Rob owner of Bumpboxx. Phone calls have been made (had to wake up at 3am to return his call in the States), emails have been sent, print samples have been requested and the ball is rolling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.8px]The ultimate goals are:[/SIZE]

half the current magazine cost or better
increase the number of pages
continued purchases of back issues
combine shipping with multiple orders
worldwide low cost shipping

We have also partnered with JavisBoomTech youtube page. Javi came out to the Venice Beach meet at the start of July and was blow away to see all the radios. He had the chance to meet personally with his fans, which he has never done. He is going to write about all the new tech and I will cover the old.

We have also added a second proof reader who is also a writer.

Dr DER and SLO are going to handle interviews on the West Coast so we can hopefully bring you more Hip Hop artist interviews.

As you can see, there is tons of work being.

More to come!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Many thanks for the update and further insight into the endless behind the scenes work done by so many of you with little recognition for your efforts. All you've done so far, and continue to do, is very much appreciated. :yes: :rock:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MyOhMy said:
Many thanks for the update and further insight into the endless behind the scenes work done by so many of you with little recognition for your efforts. All you've done so far, and continue to do, is very much appreciated. :yes: :rock:
Thanks you M.O.M. We're building a team and getting things done. I think it's all going to make some something special

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
The future looks bright for the 'Official Boombox Magazine'. :rock:

With Chris at the helm and with help from his minions, I'm sure this magazine venture will be an ever expanding success.

James.... :-)
Whether it's successful or not isn't as important as creating something special for the true collectors and the fans of the Boombox! It's for you hard cores!

Status
Not open for further replies.