Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
MasterBlaster84 said:
Reli said:
panabox1 said:
And the fact that you're far more concerned with how "pretty" it looks, as oppose to how "manly" it sounds, DOSEN'T showcase your own feminity????? LOL. Im only kidding, just making a light observation that's all.
If all we were concerned about was sound, we wouldn't even collect boomboxes, because they sound like crap compared to any good home audio system.
Absolutely true, a huge part of the boombox culture is about style, looks, and the slice of time they represent. Sound is important but it's only one part of what makes collecting boomboxes cool. :yes:
I'm all over that rule of thumb....I have piles of gear that I don't even listen too that sounds better, but I'm into sharing music and this is my favorite way to do it.

agc

Member (SA)
Jun 1, 2010
I really don't think re-issues of classic boomboxes would cost major money. Why?? Because A. The R and D was already done oh...like 25 to 35 years ago; and B. The parts and boxes themselves would be made in China, rather than in Japan like the old days. That means, quality-wise, they would be made cheaply just like everything else is today, and probably wouldn't stand up to the originals anyway. I seem to remember the 3rd version Lasonic TRC-931 reissue that came out in the 90's wasn't very expensive. :-) Neither are the new versions. As for people being willing to spend a thousand bucks or more on a new reissue, well, there are plenty who are willing to spend that kind of money on used ones that are 30 years old that often aren't fully working, banged up/dirty, and no warranty whatsoever........ :-) Just saying.......

wowminister

Member (SA)
May 8, 2011
UK - Banbury
Quick update on this Orange/Copper wonder.

Mine has arrived, and comparing now against my Altec, my Lasonic 931bt, my RVDP200 Kaboom and my TDK 3spk.

This thing is LOUD.... Next door neighbour must think I have a full PA system going.

When connected to my mixer and playing synth sounds through it it is a real match for my Kaboom and TDK, on normal playback its miles ahead of my Lasonic, louder (but not as full sounding) as my Altec and on par with the Kaboom and the TDK.

I will get some pics together.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Interesting......If true, then $249 is a good price for it, compared to what people pay for Kabooms ($300+)

TMR

Member (SA)
Nov 25, 2009
New York
actual picture.. much easier to see the different colors..

i ordered mine from the only place that has them in stock.. as soon as i get it i will be making a video showing everything about it and a complete teardown to see what quality components it has inside.. pretty excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.