New Sharp boombox - 2012 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointdexter1906

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2010
I agree w/most of the comments. It seems like with all the retro-styled t-shirts featuring cassettes and/or boomboxes that manufacturers would get a clue. How hard could it be for a JVC or Sony to go the Lasonic route and bring back a classic? :-/

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
You guys sound like a bunch of Hippies protesting for jean manufacturers to start reproducing "bellbottoms"... :lol: :afro:
YES, Finally someone understands :lol:

The sucky part is....you CAN go buy Bell Bottoms! :yes: :-/

The thing is, if a JVC M90 cost $500 in 1981 (guesstimate) that would be $1,187 today....who is ready to chunk that down for a new M90?

teisco

Member (SA)
Jun 7, 2010
Germany Dresden
I´m see, tested and hear this thing on IFA BERLIN yesterday ! The iphone does not sit firmly in the fixture. This thing is loud but not nice !!! :thumbsdown: I´m talk with a nice sharp promotion girl and showed her photo of mine eighties sharp ghettoblaster (GF767, 575 ). Them was inspired and said this is a nice one design. :-D

cheers

Lutz :breakdance:

joeladamkrueger

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2011
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I understand that there are at least two idea's of thought in marketing

1 build something that is needed and functional so people will buy it

2 build something unique, cutting edge or very attractive so people will buy it.

There are certain things that meet both requirements and THOSE items become a hit.

Men have always lusted after fast sexy cars....
[ Image ]

Yes we love the speed, but it also needs to turn heads...
No one is going to drive the fastest car in the world if it looks like....

[ Image ]

On this site I keep hearing how great the Altec Lansing sounds...but IMHO it looks like :sick: :thumbsdown:
[ Image ]

I hear how great the Kaboom sounds (Norms Raccoon Kaboom is the only one I've heard that sounds good) but I don't do tubes (radio's not the band)
[ Image ]

And TDK seems to be trying to build a high end product in a world of $2.00 big spender's which can be very tough, but their design, albeit futuristic looking still misses the mark for me. It's as dorky as the guy holding it....

[ Image ]

YES, I'm an OLD GUY with OLD GUY Radio tastes....

What I am asking for is simple...

JUST FRIG-EN MAKE THIS....

[ Image ]
:agree: Im a YOUNG GUY with OLD GUY radio taste, and I have nothing to add!

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
Ghettoboom767 said:
I think I'm going to be sick!! :sick:
As long as they get the "BOOM" in boombox right, that's the main concern. If you're more concerned with the "BOX" in boombox, then there are plenty of vintage ones around to choose from. Personally I think the box could look a bit more classy ( black piano gloss, with a svelte glass front panel. BUT WITH 100watts rms, I'm not complaining. Although I will have to save my final judgement for when I actually hear it.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
It might have 100W RMS, Ipod connectivity and all but, sh*t, anyway you look at it, it just doesn't look cool. :no:

The younger generation might like having round boomboxes, :thumbsdown: but for my money, big, square, mean looking classics are just more convincing visionally. :thumbsup:

I can't understand why manufacturers couldn't grab one of their early 80s units, do a computer scan of the the casing etc, load some modern electronics, an efficient modern amp, hybrid manual/digital tuner, lots of LEDs, a tape deck etc and spit out a few thousand 'retro' collectors items - who knows, a major following may occur if it's cool and well made!?

Fingers crossed!! :-)

Just for fun: :lol:

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
I check it out today and I have to say I am impressed :yes: .

It has many nice and thoughtful features.

1. You can place it in two positions - facing up and facing to the front

2. It does not distort even at maximum volume. Two big exhausts let the air out on the back and it really blows! :w00t:

3. It has a CD drive which is not really standard anymore so I think that is a good feature.

4. The subwoofer are lighted :-) .

Insider infos: The retail price will be 299€ (375$ ?) and it will be available in more colors!!!! The first version will be released by the end of September. :yes:

[youtube]v3Fg83ibnLU[/youtube]

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Just sayin'...soundwise it beats the crap out of any Lasonic i931BT blablabla :thumbsdown:
The design is not my thing either. I shpwed them the GF-1100 concept somebody here did a while ago and they said the taste has changed and people do not want retro anymore :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.