New Sharp boombox - 2012 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
The Lasonic doesn't even cost half as much. You can make the Lasonic face forwards or upwards as well :lol:
The Lasonic comes in different colors :-P CD player is nice but I wouldn't bother if it didn't have one.

What about more interesting features like equalizer, bluetooth?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
sote said:
I think it's kind of ugly, but it would have looked alot cooler with a matte black finish...
GenY thinks orange is cool ever since the Fast & Furious movie :thumbsdown:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
mmcodomino said:
2. It does not distort even at maximum volume. Two big exhausts let the air out on the back and it really blows! :w00t:
but what if the bass is all the way up, and your iphone is at max volume :-P

Stuntman Mike

Member (SA)
Sep 24, 2010
Germany
I´m on the Bandwagon.

Bring this in a Gf-777-Case, and I´ll start to save my Money. This Thing can have 500W RMS and sold for 100€, but it´s still ugly. So long, I´m happy with my i931 as a modern World Boomer.

Yeah, even with my butchered GF-555. :-D

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
You guys are funny :lol: :thumbsup: .
I had an i931 and it sounds like cardboard :yes: . For only 7 kg, this new Sharp is very good and 299,00€ is a steal given the quality you get :yes: .
I will not buy it anyway but if I had to choose, I would definitely settle for the Sharp rather than the i931 :yes:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I would like to compare it to the Pioneer Steez, which are the best looking tubes IMHO.

Stuntman Mike

Member (SA)
Sep 24, 2010
Germany
MasterBlaster84 said:
mmcodomino said:
shpwed them the GF-1100 concept somebody here did a while ago and they said the taste has changed and people do not want retro anymore :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Really I wonder where they got that data, from what I've seen and heard retro is still in. :hmmm:
I have seen vintage Blasters so far on T-Shirts, Mouspads, Shopping Bags, Calendars, Posters, Musicvideos, TV-Shows and so on.

And Sharp wants to excuse, that Peoples Taste has changed. :nonono:

I say, bring out the old Cases with modern Electronics. Start with the GF-777 Family, and bring later out modern Versions of the GF-9191, GF-8989, GF-9494 and the GF-9696 and maybe the GF-8585 (I like it alot for it´s Size), and you will see what happens. :yes:

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
It would be nice if it had a tuner but I am glad they left the cd player out...cd's are slowly going away due to the popularity of downloads.

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
I feel all major manufacturers made the critically foolish mistake...
The deadly mistake of switching to incredibly STUPID AND UGLY!,
Space age,
round bug,
alien looking,
garbage hollow,
cheap plastic looking,
dumbed-down,
IDIOT Designs ! ! !
They must have listened to some effeminate weak ass nerdy geek retard fool designers.

Instead of continuing to make either true masculine, or sexy b*tch designs.
No masculine or feminine designs,
just dumb down alien designs, insulting consumer intelligence with over simplicity.
WHAT AAAAAAA SSSSS EEE SSS THEY WERE, ALL OF THESE CRAP BOXES!
Sooo many years of utter vomit inducing hideous looking Crappppppppl! ! !

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
Do you realize just HOW BAD they dropped the ball? ?..
Imagine, if you will, VERTICALLY POSITIONED SPINNING CD players lighted with see thru covers,
On a traditionaly shaped boombox, positioned were cassette would be... OR even a cassstte above it..
Imagine the size of woofers to make it look proportionate, 8" or better!
Imagine digital tuner and LED meters above to complement.
Damn..

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
Maxx134 said:
I feel all major manufacturers made the critically foolish mistake...
The deadly mistake of switching to incredibly STUPID AND UGLY!,
Space age,
round bug,
alien looking,
garbage hollow,
cheap plastic looking,
dumbed-down,
IDIOT Designs ! ! !
They must have listened to some effeminate weak ass nerdy geek retard fool designers.

Instead of continuing to make either true masculine, or sexy b*tch designs.
No masculine or feminine designs,
just dumb down alien designs, insulting consumer intelligence with over simplicity.
WHAT AAAAAAA SSSSS EEE SSS THEY WERE, ALL OF THESE CRAP BOXES!
Sooo many years of utter vomit inducing hideous looking Crappppppppl! ! !
And the fact that you're far more concerned with how "pretty" it looks, as oppose to how "manly" it sounds, DOSEN'T showcase your own feminity????? LOL. Im only kidding, just making a light observation that's all.

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
mmcodomino said:
I check it out today and I have to say I am impressed :yes: .

It has many nice and thoughtful features.

1. You can place it in two positions - facing up and facing to the front

2. It does not distort even at maximum volume. Two big exhausts let the air out on the back and it really blows! :w00t:

3. It has a CD drive which is not really standard anymore so I think that is a good feature.

4. The subwoofer are lighted :-) .

Insider infos: The retail price will be 299€ (375$ ?) and it will be available in more colors!!!! The first version will be released by the end of September. :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Fg83ibnLU

[ Image ]
Who does this compare to the kaboom and the rx-dt680?

Maxx134

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2012
NYC USA
panabox1 said:
And the fact that you're far more concerned with how "pretty" it looks, as oppose to how "manly" it sounds, DOSEN'T showcase your own feminity????? LOL. Im only kidding, just making a light observation that's all.
Ha No... a dude is naturally gona want his b*tchin box to look good! Ha
I dont need a turd 90s design,
Or even this latest nuke warhead with "bomb timer in middle" design,
As I am not a either a bum or a "mission impossible" secret spy.

The "Discolight" boombox is a perfect example of looks over sound.
Just look at the latest ebay prices easily over a thousand plus..
I would say I am in the majority then to say looks plays an important role in boombox design.

Also, I have secrect shocking sexy b*tch plans for my beat up "Discolight" box that should persuade you,
They superceed all my past work.
ETA timeline is 3-4 weeks for parts from China : p

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
panabox1 said:
If all we were concerned about was sound, we wouldn't even collect boomboxes, because they sound like crap compared to any good home audio system.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
Reli said:
panabox1 said:
If all we were concerned about was sound, we wouldn't even collect boomboxes, because they sound like crap compared to any good home audio system.
Absolutely true, a huge part of the boombox culture is about style, looks, and the slice of time they represent. Sound is important but it's only one part of what makes collecting boomboxes cool. :yes:

panabox1

Member (SA)
Mar 17, 2010
Reli said:
panabox1 said:
Good point. Although I think being able to maximize the sound to portability ratio plays a role too.

Status
Not open for further replies.