New 'China' Seller in L.A.? USPS LOST MY 777!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
Superduper said:
Here's what I want to know.... eBay used to have a policy of holding a new sellers funds until the (1) either the buyer leaves positive feedback or (2) 21 days have elapsed. How are these new zero feedback buyers extracting their sales proceeds so fast, then closing their accounts to start new ones? :huh: Has eBay changed their selling policies?
They still do to my knowledge.

I just yesterday got asked to leave positive feedback for a recent purchase from someone with 18 positive feedbacks so they could get the paypal funds released....

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
k2j said:
Superduper said:
Here's what I want to know.... eBay used to have a policy of holding a new sellers funds until the (1) either the buyer leaves positive feedback or (2) 21 days have elapsed. How are these new zero feedback buyers extracting their sales proceeds so fast, then closing their accounts to start new ones? :huh: Has eBay changed their selling policies?
They still do to my knowledge.

I just yesterday got asked to leave positive feedback for a recent purchase from someone with 18 positive feedbacks so they could get the paypal funds released....
PayPal had put a hold on a few of my items and stated that because of recent non selling they do that every once in a while. They release funds with either positive feedback or 3 days after item was accepted which ever comes 1st :thumbsup: I have had positive account since 2003 :-O go figure :no:

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
baddboybill said:
k2j said:
I have had positive account since 2003 :-O go figure :no:
What sucks is all of that time you built up a solid history and reputation is nearly worthless.
eBay only uses your last 12 months and one A-Hole can seriously damage rating for one year. I've had 100% positive feedback since 2000 until this year when one A-Hole left me neg feedback because the item I sold him didn't perform up to his expectations even though the item worked. It was a 25 year old cheap 4 channel FM transmitter from Radio Shack that he only paid $35 for including the $15 priority shipping cost of which I only charged him $10 for.

The point is that eBays system of feedback doesn't give any credit to your long term performance and your credibility can be seriously harmed for one year by just one or a few idiots. :thumbsdown:

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
So.... I still have the ability to leave feedback for this thief.

Im wondering if I should bother? His account is probably closed already, but if not?

Any suggestions what should be said? :lol:

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Other than USPS knowing that somehow the scan was manipulated, my postal carrier also knows for certain she did not deliver, nor mis-deliver any box big enough to contain a 777. Not much. Although I have included all of their information in my report at 1c3.gov, so they can be contacted.
Paypal is giving this guy ten days to get me the 777 he was 'selling', or they will take action. We all know that aint getting no 777!

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Update:

I just received this message from paypal...

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $354.99 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges."

What Im not clear on here, is if they do hold funds on new accounts, and those with 0 feedback, then the money should have never been sent to the seller in the first place. Especially since it was over $250.00. From what I was told, that was sort of the magic number for this sort of investigation.

I have also been contacted via email twice by the folks at ic3.gov, letting me know that their investigation is on going.

Just wanted to give everyone an FYI. I know several of us have vested interest in these issues.

Thanks.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Super yay! Congrats on getting your money back, Jeff. :thumbsup:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
THANKS alot jeff for the update -
and for this great news -

it is my understanding - that paypal releases funds immediately to their
experienced good sellers -

but they hold the zero newbie sellers funds - ONLY until they see a " delivered " scan receipt-

well - that may work fine for UPS and Fedex shipments -
but for those useless USPS " delivered " scans --
THATS the huge and ONGOING problem

so -- we MUST INSIST on fedex or ups or DONT BID !!!!!

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
redbenjoe said:

but they hold the zero newbie sellers funds - ONLY until they see a " delivered " scan receipt-

:agree: Ira speaks the truth. :thumbsup:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
redbenjoe said:

I know also if you have not sold much in a few months they also can and will hold funds. They did it with me a couple months ago even though I have had perfect 100% feedback for 10 years :'-(

Status
Not open for further replies.