New 'China' Seller in L.A.? USPS LOST MY 777!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I would bet that it is a SHE, most likely a BOOBOXERY widowed WIFE :lol: . She is out destroying all our transactions because her life was ruined by the addiction of boomboxes with her significant other! :lol:

Not really funny, but could be an option :hmmm: :dunce: :lol: :yes:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
If I found out info on the correct guy, he could be a mastermind.....

Check out this background info I scooped up!:

Senior Mechanical Engineer Hewlett-Packard
September 1999 – Present (12 years 4 months)
Manage and design technical aspects in mechanical systems for critical facilities such as data centers, IT network facilities, etc.

He could know the in's and out's of any shipping company out there just based off this info. He might be the IT guy for any or all carriers :hmmm:

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Quick work Gentlemen!

I guess someone using a 'fake' name could also use that name for a Paypal account?

If he is a tech guy, I guess he could pull at random from any data base names, etc.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Yeah, I found those Larry's too. This one just seemed like the most possible connection based off the background....... Like you guys said, probably not this guy - could be a false ID that ebay person uses.

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Remember though, that name and info was from Paypal.... so fake or not, it would have to be connected to a 'real' bank account somwhere, right?

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
JLF said:
Remember though, that name and info was from Paypal.... so fake or not, it would have to be connected to a 'real' bank account somwhere, right?
I doubt it's too difficult to fake that too but I hope he's not that smart and gets caught quickly.
I wonder if we are going to know the outcome of this or if we'll just see these scam auctions stop. :hmmm:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
thanks norm for your input here -

and thanks to fatdog for his very likely explanation --

one matter of conflict betwwen you 2 helpers is:::::::::::::::::: :huh:

as per bobbys crime scenario
--the crook seller would not need to be a postal employee--
and would not have to manipulate any tracking scans

all they need is a fake address in the same zip -
and they are 'home' $$ scott free :thumbsdown: :annoyed:

JLF

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Pacific Northwest
My conversation with my local USPS seems to confirm a manipulated scan, so it would have to be someone with access.

IF there is a resolution and I am told any details, I will certainly post them here for all to see!

Mrs. Fatdog

Member (SA)
Jul 13, 2011
Middle TN
MasterBlaster84 said:
Whoa Blu your saying this could be a vengeance crime? That would be one crazy ex that you would be better off without. :lol:

Personally, I'd think it's more of a 'hate crime' than it is a 'vengeance crime' :w00t: I kid, I kid. At which point you may elevate your odds of getting resolution. Hell, we may even be crossing into cyber bullying territory at this point. Both of which are very hot topics, you might even get a news crew on the case. :w00t:

On a side note, all you fellas really do frighten me with your investigative skills. Maybe you should all band forces and start a group or something.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
Superduper said:
Doubtful any outsiders can infiltrate the postal system to change scans. I still think it's a postal employee who's finagling the scans.
norm --study fatdogs post --
its all so freekin simple -

NO fake scans involved -- at all

just a fake address in the same zip

Mrs. Fatdog

Member (SA)
Jul 13, 2011
Middle TN
Fatdog said:
Mrs. Fatdog said:
Seems like you guys should pay the extra whatever for signature verification. Don't mean to be snarky. But if I am shelling more than $50 to anyone, better darn well come with everything that the PO has to ensure that I get my package.
That still doesn't guarantee anything. The seller could just take the extra $2 and still send out a fake package.

It guarantees that if you signed for and accepted a package that didn't weigh the 50+ pounds of the expected boombox, that well.....as Bill Engvall said "here's your sign".

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Check with S2G too. This goes beyond site allegiance / loyalty. There is a "common goal" here for ALL collectors; To look out for each other and work together to help solve this. I'm sure a few people here and there know something or heard of other victims who can offer info. There is always a pattern. Humans are creatures of habit by nature. :yes:

imacer

Member (SA)
Oct 16, 2011
Chicago
I would be talking with the postal inspectors and give them the information that paypal gave you, remember the federal government gives them almost unlimited powers when it comes to the the protection of the mail and this includes the fraud of the delivery confirmation numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.