Los Angeles-Boomboxery mini-meet / Beat Swapmeet 12/12/2015 (updated w/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksideWill

Member (SA)
Oct 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Will that video was great! :rock: You caught some really great footage bro! Pure DOPE

Hey bro thank you. I'm glad I was able to capture it and share.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Great footage Chris, I love the peoples faces :lol: When Dave and I were at the corner waiting to cross the street, I was blasting LL COOL J's "RADIO", and I mean LOUD. Two guys seemed frightened and unsure of what was going on around them, and the girl I was standing behind would not turn around as if I was the boogie man Lol, priceless. I need to get my Go Pro goin

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Great footage Chris, I love the peoples faces :lol: When Dave and I were at the corner waiting to cross the street, I was blasting LL COOL J's RADIO, and LOUD. Two guys seemed frightened and unsure of what was going on around them, and the girl I was standing behind would not turn around as if I was the boogie man Lol, priceless. I need to get my Go Pro goin

That is classic! Some people don't get it :p

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
DarksideWill said:
Hey bro thank you. I'm glad I was able to capture it and share.
Your vid cracked me up, Will! First, the dude who was "raising the roof" when you guys walked by..Then, Chris' reaction when he was told to turn the radios down! :lol: :thumbsup:

SLO said:
Great footage Chris, I love the peoples faces :lol: When Dave and I were at the corner waiting to cross the street, I was blasting LL COOL J's RADIO, and LOUD. Two guys seemed frightened and unsure of what was going on around them, and the girl I was standing behind would not turn around as if I was the boogie man Lol, priceless. I need to get my Go Pro goin
Everyone is so used to confining their music to their earbuds, they don't know what to think when it's Blasting in their face! :lol:

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Great vid as always Chris. I'm always amazed how 'soft' young people are these days! 'Is it heavy?' The only question young people back in the day would have asked is - 'How loud does it go'? :-) - See, people these days only consider convenience, ease of use etc etc etc. It's got to be the reason manufacturers aren't making 13 kg boomboxes anymore.

Back in the day, you had to be strong to carry these beasts around - you had to commit. And you had to know how to use all those switches, not just rely on an 'easy & intuitive menu system'! :-)

Can't believe how many people I knew back in the day who were into boomboxes that have grown old all of a sudden and sort of chuckle when they hear I'm still into the scene - well I don't feel old, so guess what I'm doing this weekend? - taking out the Yamaha PC-8 for its' maiden voyage - doing some seaside blasting - can't wait! :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
Your vid cracked me up, Will! First, the dude who was "raising the roof" when you guys walked by..Then, Chris' reaction when he was told to turn the radios down! :lol: :thumbsup:

Everyone is so used to confining their music to their earbuds, they don't know what to think when it's Blasting in their face! :lol:
When security asked me to turn down I was shocked. I go to these events BECAUSE we can get loud (or have in the past). Will pointed out to me after, that it probably was because of a lady that walked up and asked if we were part of the Beat Swap and I told her "No". Minutes later security came up. I saw her later that day and she wouldn't even look me in the eye. BITCH! :annoyed: :lol: :lol:

jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Great vid as always Chris. I'm always amazed how 'soft' young people are these days! 'Is it heavy?' The only question young people back in the day would have asked is - 'How loud does it go'? :-) - See, people these days only consider convenience, ease of use etc etc etc. It's got to be the reason manufacturers aren't making 13 kg boomboxes anymore.

Back in the day, you had to be strong to carry these beasts around - you had to commit. And you had to know how to use all those switches, not just rely on an 'easy & intuitive menu system'! :-)

Can't believe how many people I knew back in the day who were into boomboxes that have grown old all of a sudden and sort of chuckle when they hear I'm still into the scene - well I don't feel old, so guess what I'm doing this weekend? - taking out the Yamaha PC-8 for its' maiden voyage - doing some seaside blasting - can't wait! :-)
Your so right JJ. So many people walking by plugged in tight with their ear buds. While walking around with the Dynasty I was thinking, I wished I could go back in time and meet the man (or large woman) that saw this thing in a store front window and was compelled to hand over the hard earned cash to get it. What was his (her) statement? What were they trying to say?

No one is saying ANYTHING with ear buds. They might have their bedazzed iPhone in hand, but beyond that....NOTHING!

The PC-8 is hitting the beach! TOTALLY AWESOME! Pictures!!!!!

DarksideWill

Member (SA)
Oct 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah that guy rasing the roof was digging it for sure. I had a blast hanging out with everyone. But honestly the reactions and the stories are the best part. And when we were told to turn down, the boxes weren't even loud could barely hear them standing next to them. So that's why u think it was that lady that Chris talked about. Still a great day! Can't wait until next time.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
JustCruisin said:
:lol: YES, Its funny you say that James because one of the individuals that walked up to us for a quick chat, and to admire our radios said the exact same thing. The guy was probably in his late 40's and said..."Everyone is so closed up in their own little world these days with their earbuds, this is what its all about!" And I couldn't agree with him more :-D He loved our blasters.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
When security asked me to turn down I was shocked. I go to these events BECAUSE we can get loud (or have in the past). Will pointed out to me after, that it probably was because of a lady that walked up and asked if we were part of the Beat Swap and I told her "No". Minutes later security came up. I saw her later that day and she wouldn't even look me in the eye. BITCH! :annoyed: :lol: :lol:
I know it's a sore subject to bring up Chris, but I'm sure we all wish you would've had Blaster Vision when that big bitch confronted you on the pier! :popcorn:

SLO said:
:lol: YES, Its funny you say that James because one of the individuals that walked up to us for a quick chat, and to admire our radios said the exact same thing. The guy was probably in his late 40's and said..."Everyone is so closed up in their own little world these days with their earbuds, this is what its all about!" And I couldn't agree with him more :-D He loved our blasters.
:thumbsup:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
JustCruisin said:
I know it's a sore subject to bring up Chris, but I'm sure we all wish you would've had Blaster Vision when that big bitch confronted you on the pier! :popcorn:

:thumbsup:
Oh man :annoyed: I could have used it as evidence in court after punching her :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blaster Vision is a technology that should only be used for good :-D :yes: :-D

DarkSideWill has some great footage we are going to post of a few people telling their Blaster Stories and we are talking about setting up a camera for future events so people can tell their stories for us to share!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Oh man :annoyed: I could have used it as evidence in court after punching her :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blaster Vision is a technology that should only be used for good :-D :yes: :-D
yeah the ole mad at the world because she's ugly bitches.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
what a time!
that stupid security guard should mind has own business lol. not sure how i would have handled it being that i get in fights with bouncers , almost broke one bouncers finger when he tried to poke me in the chest , he actually had to go for help just to get me to leave.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
DarkSideWill has some great footage we are going to post of a few people telling their Blaster Stories and we are talking about setting up a camera for future events so people can tell their stories for us to share!
Hey thats a great idea! That would be sweet

DarksideWill

Member (SA)
Oct 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Hey thats a great idea! That would be sweet

Yeah I think it would be pretty cool to be able to capture and share the stories.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
JVC Floyd said:
yeah the ole mad at the world because she's ugly bitches.
Hahahahaha! Floyd you farking legend.

This was epic, love the video walkabout and the blaster vision, makes me knida sad I cant take part! You guys are so lucky, this looked like an awesome fun day. I gots to get out with my boxes more. Now if it would just stop raining.....

Much respect to you guys, i love these vids, helps us feel like we are there and you know we are in spirit!!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hahahahaha! Floyd you farking legend.

This was epic, love the video walkabout and the blaster vision, makes me knida sad I cant take part! You guys are so lucky, this looked like an awesome fun day. I gots to get out with my boxes more. Now if it would just stop raining.....

Much respect to you guys, i love these vids, helps us feel like we are there and you know we are in spirit!!

Thanks T-STER,

If you haven't seen it, there is the first international boombox meet happening in Las Vegas next September, sure would be great to have you there :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.