Just a little bit of HOLLYWOOD.... HOLLYWOOD MEET 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Reli said:
That's the DC area for you.......Everyone tries to act all serious and mature just because they're in government. Ass kisser central. :thumbsdown:
amen to that , this has to be one of the most ****ed up areas in the world to live in . the people are worse than robots and much dumber too. the air of arrogance around me at any given time just makes me want to puke.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
This brings so many emotions!

I can't tell you enough how great this is and how BAD I want to be there lugging my blaster with the group.

I'm already trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need to fly there for a day with a boombox, hahahaha!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
blu_fuz said:
This brings so many emotions!

I can't tell you enough how great this is and how BAD I want to be there lugging my blaster with the group.

I'm already trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need to fly there for a day with a boombox, hahahaha!
Joe you gotta make it out sometime, none of us are guaranteed tomorrow my brutha! Bring the whole family out! All the rugrats can raise hell while we raise the volume knobs!

mancardo

Member (SA)
Jun 8, 2012
Goodyear, AZ U.S.
I was talking to another collector and Boomboxery member that started collecting a long time ago and he was also surprised that we took it to the streets. This is only my second meet...so is that not usual to go out in public with the boomers?? :blink:

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
JVC Floyd said:
believe it or not , i'm the only person i know of aside from you guy's that even owns a boombox. so i'm pretty much a loner collector . my friends who have seen my boxes are dumbfounded when they get to see my beasts. but they know how i am so wtf is mad builder to do lol.

i could not even begin to imagine having anybody in my life who actually shares the boombox bug , so you guy's are lucky to be able meet up and shoot the shiat for a day . i don't know 1 single human being that could even put batteries in a boombox without farking that up . i'm alone in my Boomboxery. not sure the public around me could handle the awesomeness anyhow so fark em' lol.
I feel about the same way! Kenpat is about the only active member I think is within a few hours driving distance to me. Eventually we might meet up, but don't know any others close to join.

That being said, I enjoy all the pics when you all do have meets.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I was talking to another collector and Boomboxery member that started collecting a long time ago and he was also surprised that we took it to the streets. This is only my second meet...so is that not usual to go out in public with the boomers?? :blink:

Going out as single person is usually the case but as whole group now that's very cool.

Bad Boy Bill

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
mancardo said:
Doing it Hollywood seemed natural.......most bystanders are already expecting an interesting "scene".

Now, if we had done it in a more conservative place like Omaha Nebraska, or Boise Idaho......I'm sure there'd be a different reaction, LOL. Lots of sneers probably, and accusations about white people trying to be black and all that nonsense.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I take my boxes out a fair bit, barbeques, down the park etc. Sometimes get some funny looks but its mostly all good.

I took a box out with me recently in the boot of my car to work, I try to always have one in there just in case. So i was in a nice seaside town for the day with work, as it struck luchtime i grabbed a sandwhich and sat on the beach in my suit with a boomer and a sarnie. Two chicks came over and sat with me, I was playing some Tribe Called Quest, and they sat and chatted for ages, before long i had a group of around 10 chatting, looking and getting there photos taken with it.

Love it!

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
T-STER said:
I take my boxes out a fair bit, barbeques, down the park etc. Sometimes get some funny looks but its mostly all good.

I took a box out with me recently in the boot of my car to work, I try to always have one in there just in case. So i was in a nice seaside town for the day with work, as it struck luchtime i grabbed a sandwhich and sat on the beach in my suit with a boomer and a sarnie. Two chicks came over and sat with me, I was playing some Tribe Called Quest, and they sat and chatted for ages, before long i had a group of around 10 chatting, looking and getting there photos taken with it.

Love it!
Perfect lunch :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.