It's time to be serious: talking about Newton massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Too much tunnel vision on the guns. One could inflict as many casualties with homemade I.E.D.s, Peroxide bombs, etc. How about banning machetes, ice picks, screw drivers or chainsaws too? People are focusing on a singular object. Let's also start a ban on Crossbows,ect, etc.? A trained individual could just as well have taken out as many people with bare hands. Will they ban Your hands too cause you were trained how to kill another human? Think about it? These people will just find another instrument to commit these horrible crimes. You'd be surprised what you can make with everyday stuff.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
THAFUZZ said:
Too much tunnel vision on the guns. One could inflict as many casualties with homemade I.E.D.s, Peroxide bombs, etc. How about banning machetes, ice picks, screw drivers or chainsaws too? People are focusing on a singular object. Let's also start a ban on Crossbows,ect, etc.? A trained individual could just as well have taken out as many people with bare hands. Will they ban Your hands too cause you were trained how to kill another human? Think about it? These people will just find another instrument to commit these horrible crimes. You'd be surprised what you can make with everyday stuff.
I STRONGLY disagree.
Pulling a trigger takes much less than swinging a machete, a chainsaw or ice picks!
And that thought of banning hands is just ridiculous. It cannot be compared in any way. Have you ever heard of a mass murder only commited with bare hands?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Terry said:
just remove the long semi-autos,
Tons of rifles are semi-auto, not just the ones that look like "assault rifles".

And can the trigger of an AR15 be pulled faster than the one on a Glock? I'm not a gun expert, but I doubt it.

If anything, maybe they should do a better job restricting the sale of high-capacity clips. 30-round clips are pretty common on AR15's.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
I apologize for the grim but realistic perspective. It just comes from all the horrible things I seen people do to others I'm all My years of work. I do concur with Clint Eastwood's statement... "I believe in gun control. If there's a gun, I want to control it."

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
mmcodomino said:
THAFUZZ said:
I STRONGLY disagree.
Pulling a trigger takes much less than swinging a machete, a chainsaw or ice picks!
And that thought of banning hands is just ridiculous. It cannot be compared in any way. Have you ever heard of a mass murder only commited with bare hands?
the bottom line is a weapon is only a weapon if it's used as such, otherwise it's the worlds most high tech club.
if people really give a **** they would ban nuclear missiles but nobody seems to notice them and those will be the end of us all because the biggest maniacs in the world control those. why ask why we have so many guns but nobody ask why this country could incinerate the earth in less than 30 minutes. these same gun control people don't seem to care about that.

nobody ask why we have killed and starved millions of people in the name of freedom ,freedom for who? the rich and powerful that's who ,while the poor die every day from the self righteous people who undermine the economy and make people feel like there's no hope for a better life and tell you it's going to get better , my question is when is it going to get better ?

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
JVC Floyd said:
mmcodomino said:
THAFUZZ said:
I STRONGLY disagree.
the bottom line is a weapon is only a weapon if it's used as such, otherwise it's the worlds most high tech club.
if people really give a shiat they would ban nuclear missiles but nobody seems to notice them and those will be the end of us all because the biggest maniacs in the world control those. why ask why we have so many guns but nobody ask why this country could incinerate the earth in less than 30 minutes. these same gun control people don't seem to care about that.
You are comparing two completely different things.
I cannot just go out and buy a nuclear missile. They are secured properly as they should be.
If guns were only protected 1% as much as nuclear missiles, the statistics would look a lot different.
Anyway, I made my point.

Go watch "Bowling for Columbine" now. A VERY good movie about guns in the US.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
like archie bunker said about gun related deaths..

"would it make you feel any better if those people were pushed out of windows."

i think all killing is wrong and owning guns is a matter of moral response ability and without morals even a rock can be a weapon.

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
:agree:
JVC Floyd said:

So, enter a hardened Parolee on Meth (for example), put him in a classroom,etc ... tell Me He can't overpower and kill after shanking and learning to overpower grown men in prison. Same outcome. Point is, it's not impossible. We're focusing too much on one thing. People will easily find another instrument to use is My point.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Superduper said:
Tony, don't believe those shows. It's not nearly indicative of what you see here. Like I said, we are a population of 200+ million. There will always be a small microscopic fraction of people that behave in unacceptable manners. Shows relies on sensationalism in order to sell or entice people to watch. Nobody wants to watch a boring show about what is "normal." They always show only the most extreme behaviour because that is what gets people's attention. I have never heard of what you speak of. But even if true, it probably represents .00000001% of what happens here. So rest assured, you can visit our country and unlike in some parts of the world. chances are decent that you not be murdered or kidnapped for ransom and make it home safely after your visit.

Norm how i could not believe that when a few post in top of yours was saying that a neighbor stated that the woman was preparing for the "end" . All those "preppers" are all around the states and you must admit it. I spent 1999th year in the states and was shocked back than too. Thats the truth. You are saying that all countries are sovereign too. So what i can expect from the next preppkid which becomes the president of the USA which was trained to survive the "end" in military way? Should we stay and listen how he proclaim that is good to shoot to kill , but sadly his kills will be on other countries and not with rifles.... I think the society must take measures against all that.
And i agree with Terry - all semi must be banned . Damn, im not goin to say what ive done in my live, but i can not puncture a railroad rail with bare hands or kukri. And at least not at 600 times per minute and speed which gives no chance for escape.......

THAFUZZ said:
JVC Floyd said:

So, enter a hardened Parolee on Meth (for example), put him in a classroom,etc ... tell Me He can't overpower and kill after shanking and learning to overpower grown men in prison. Same outcome. Point is, it's not impossible. We're focusing too much on one thing. People will easily find another instrument to use is My point.
You've been a first responder, what would you rather face, an unarmed parolee on meth or a suicidal kid with an assault rifle who doesn't care how many he takes with him?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Terry said:
Reli said:
Terry said:
just remove the long semi-autos,
Tons of rifles are semi-auto, not just the ones that look like "assault rifles".
I'm advocating the removal of all semi-auto long rifles from public use. Besides when some lunatic points one at you, they are all "assault" rifles.
Why just rifles? Why stop there? Why not semi-auto pistols as well? They are just as accurate as rifles when inside the close confines of a classroom.

Reli said:
Why just rifles? Why stop there? Why not semi-auto pistols as well? They are just as accurate as rifles when inside the close confines of a classroom.

Because most of the mass killings have been with semi-auto rifles.

Here in Oz we removed 650,000 semi auto weapons in 1997, in the 18 years before there were 13 mass shootings, since then zero.

Well worth it.

http://tobacco.health.usyd.edu.au/asset ... revent.pdf

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
Terry said:
THAFUZZ said:
JVC Floyd said:

You've been a first responder, what would you rather face, an unarmed parolee on meth or a suicidal kid with an assault rifle who doesn't care how many he takes with him?
Good one! I've met and Neutralized the 1st one already, My most difficult would be having to use lethal force on a child /teenager. But, you can't second guess or hesitate to act on that either. Oh, how I've prayed never receive a call like that. You have to address each threat equally with the same mentality, win.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Terry said:
Reli said:

Here in Oz we removed 650,000 semi auto weapons in 1997, in the 18 years before there were 13 mass shootings, since then zero.

Well worth it.

Are semi-auto pistols still legal in Oz?

If so, then your recent lack of mass shootings doesn't prove anything, because people could have easily used semi-auto pistols to commit mass shootings. But for some reason there were no mass shootings after 1997. So it's just a statistical anomoly IMO.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Reli said:
Terry said:
Reli said:

Well worth it.

Are semi-auto pistols still legal in Oz?

If so, then your recent lack of mass shootings doesn't prove anything, because it would have been just as easy (if not easier) for people to use semi-auto pistols to do the same thing. But they didn't. So it's just a statistical anomoly.
In fact, it kinda does prove that gun control can prevent massacres.

OR maybe this Newton massacre was also just a
statistical anomoly
. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.