I'm Not Sure If This Can Be Fixed..........................

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
:dj-party: :dj: :beer2: Yeah - I DID IT!!! :newyear: :dj-party: :newyear:

Fark - NEVER again will I go through that total clusterfark of organised chaos! :sadno: :thumbsdown:

Before I explain i think it only fair and incumbent on me to express my most sincere gratitude to all the good exceptional folks on this forum who have spared me a kind thought or comment by way of best wishes for myself - you're all Stars in your own right. :thumbsup:

It's three days since my op and the outlook is improving each day - I mean, it just had to: Op day was a clusterfark of biblical proportions; Next day I was in The Land Of Groggie-Cum-Chokey, I felt I was being throttled all day due to op-site swelling and soreness in my throat - right in the ol' 'gagging area'!; Yesterday was the Great Day Of Wanton Sickness And All Things Gippy. Dear me, I've now become an expert in long distance chucking up! :w00t: :lol: Last night I caught up on sleep and today I've awarded myself 'Light Duties' as my head still feels a little light and I'm also very tired.

I met the surgeon-ess prior to the surgery to remove the pharyngeal web whereby she told me (in no uncertain terms) the the web would be left in situ and stretched
:blink: :huh: After all I had been told I was not inspired with confidence and, to emphasise my bewilderment, she said: "These webs don't grow". Well Fark me - WHO put that there, then? I know it wasn't ME! :sadno: :annoyed:

My throat still has to settle fully but I'm now imagining this 'stretched' web to be hanging in my throat like a baggy cardigan sleeve - no wonder I can't stop coughing! The worst is, when I think of the (now 'baggy') web all a-dangle in my throat, I have visions of nature films spotlighting on the rear end of a turtle when laying it's eggs - where does a thought like that come from??? :huh: :-/

Last week:
The test results needed for the op (on Monday) were planned for after the op had started (bad organisation).
The operation had to go ahead without test results as my need for the op was now so urgent.
Friday: I was informed to report for rearranged test at 0730hrs Monday so the results would be ready prior to the op.

All good so far.................

Monday (op day)
0730hrs: With my friend Hazel I reported to the clinic for tests as 'arranged' - it was lonely 'cos no-one else was there and the doors were locked. :blink:
0800hrs - Duty nurse arrived: "I know nothing but I'll do the tests just in case". All tests completed.
1030hrs(ish) Reported early to operation Booking In/waiting room: "You're late, you op was planned for 0930hrs. We'll now have to book you in for the first afternoon op at 1330hrs. Well then, how about telling ME of the new arrangements?
1330hrs..........1400hrs...........1430hrs..........1500hrs....................................................1700hrs..."Oi", said I in a most outraged manner, "If you do not operate VERY soon I shall go home and you can rearrange the whole day for another time and that time WILL be soon as my op is URGENT" .

*Side note of importance:
Monday was the middle of a mega heatwave in UK, waiting room windows were kept open and there was no air cooling systems/devices/whatever - it was akin to sitting in an oven all day without being allowed food or drink. I had hardly eaten or had a decent drink for the best part of two days and now I was becoming ill with stomach pains & headaches etc. due to dehydration. My patience had run dry (as had other parts of my body :w00t: :yes: ).

1730hrs: I was 'rushed' in for my op with great apologies. It all went by in the blink of an eye for me and I woke up in a Recovery ward feeling like Death: Thirsty like never before, hungry, sore, light headed and, well, I felt like sh1te to say the least - and the ward being hot and stuffy didn't help one iota.

I'm glad that this op is behind me and paves the way for my stomach op. It's too early to say how the op site will settle but I'll let you know when it does because the images I have of the arse end of a turtle giving birth will have ceased (I hope!) The Staff at the hospital were amazing but the admin/organisation was the clusterfark that should never be repeated. My friend, Hazel, was an absolute angel and hardly left my side and contact from St Nick was most welcome although I felt I couldn't communicate too well at the time (Sorry, Nick).

Well, that's it then - no more webs for me....................I mean, "They don't grow", do they???!!! :'-(

Sorry for taking so long to tell the tale, many thanks for reading it though.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Awesome glad to hear you're doing well and feeling better.
I hate the healthcare system in general .my last doctor was so f***** up I told myself if I keep going to this m*********** he's going to need a doctor himself.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Welcome back Christine!! :-)
Thanks, it's nice to be back!

JVC Floyd said:
Awesome glad to hear you're doing well and feeling better.
I hate the healthcare system in general .my last doctor was so f***** up I told myself if I keep going to this m*********** he's going to need a doctor himself.
Yes, I know what you mean. I detest all this illness malarkey, it just isn't me so if illness waffle bores anyone else then join the club - I understand.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Super yay!!! Christine is back! :clap: :rock: :thumbsup: :chris920: :dj-party: :dj: :beer2: :drunk: :breakdance: :stereo:
We all knew that you had that web thing beat.

Superduper

Member (SA)
I've been biting my tongue holding back, but now that a good result is true, let me just say I'm glad you handled this ordeal. I am highly superstitious and whenever I talk about anything bad, it almost always seems to come true, happened often enough that I now refrain from it. I even try to strike any bad thoughts from my brain for fear that it could have an impact.

Surgery is never a fun experience. I have had 9 or 10 surgeries already, and 3 in the past 4 years. All earlier ones have been rather routine: get pre-surgery labs, results, surgery, recovery, etc. The last few, they made things tough for me.

Ear implants? No, we can't do MRI on you without knowing details of the implant.
But I've had MRI's done already previously.
But that was not with OUR MRI machines. The calibration could be different. OUR machines might be more powerful.
The Dr. that did the implants retired years ago.
Still, no can do. Need medical records.
What happens if I am in an accident and all smashed to bits -- you won't do an MRI then and we just guess?
[silence...]
But the implant surgeries were done over 20 years ago. Records weren't digital at the time.
Still, no can do.
[contact previous hospital 2000 miles away, get records on CD, give to new imaging technician/Dr.]
The records don't say what implant was installed.
In the end, they went ahead and did the MRI.

Then on the pre-surgery labs of my last procedure:
Your EKG showed an abnormality.
What is the abnormality?
Not sure, but it's different from your last EKG.
So what, can't do the surgery then?
No, we need to cancel. You'll need to see a cardiologist.
[schedule a cardiologist appt, although I am highly suspecting they do this to make more money for the Hospital]
[cardiologist sees me, talks to me about my history, reviews the EKG]
I'm inclined to clear you. Your EKG looks normal to me, same as last time.
What? That's not what they said. They pulling my chain?
They made a mistake in interpreting the EKG. They thought they saw a "blip" but it was nothing.
"Of course, in my mind, this just confirms my suspicions, they just do this to rack up the bills, as usual. Like as if they don't make enough money as it is."

Anyhow, the last few surgeries, I have noticed that I don't recover quickly like I used to. Prior to the last 2 surgeries, after 30 minutes - 1 hour in recovery, I always wake and end up going home. The last few took me many hours to wake and even then, I stay groggy for a very long time. Then I am admitted to the hospital for overnight stay. I'm not looking forward to any future procedures. The pre-labs could certainly pose to be an obstacle because if they don't like what they see, they won't clear the procedure, which means things will get worse until it becomes an emergency, at which time, they will do it anyway but of course, not ideal since condition will worsen by then.

But now I'm probably talking more than I should so I'll just say this:
GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL FOR YOU and to see you posting like this -- means you are feeling much better. Keep up the fight and take care of yourself!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Thanks, this was interesting reading. I did skip some of the detail in my post but you've brought up some very good points about how little control we can have with the slightest hassle from an indirectly involved person looking at data. It's not just a relationship between a patient and surgeon, there's a whole team and every man & his dog behind all this.

Many thanks for the good wishes, I also wish you the very best with your health.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Hey great to see you back Mom, i was hoping this would all go well and i just had a feeling it would, i just know you were not done here for a long while yet. Made my day to see you back :)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I hate doctors because anybody who ends up talking to these m************ ends up sick somehow. I love dentist though because they end my suffering lol. I would rather pay a dentist than a f****** lawyer at least you end up having something to smile about.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
JVC Floyd said:
I hate doctors because anybody who ends up talking to these m************ ends up sick somehow. I love dentist though because they end my suffering lol. I would rather pay a dentist than a f****** lawyer at least you end up having something to smile about.
Fark me - ain't that the truth!!! :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think my throat has now settled to whatever it will be which seems to be a lot of coughing & gagging afflictions due to the baggy web feeling like I need to swallow something rather lumpy and unpleasant. :'-( Stomach op next, the sooner the better with this one as anything & everything to do with my stomach is just so painful & uncomfortable. I'm about fed up with a 'soggy diet'/no solids. :thumbsdown:

Thanks, Everyone, for all of your supportive comments and for following this topic - the following has been a total surprise! I feel I can offer little more now this seems to almost done & dusted except................................

:thumbsup: :rock: Thanks, Y'All!!! :smooch: :clap:

Superduper

Member (SA)
MyOhMy said:
I think my throat has now settled to whatever it will be which seems to be a lot of coughing & gagging afflictions due to the baggy web feeling like I need to swallow something rather lumpy and unpleasant. :'-( Stomach op next, the sooner the better with this one as anything & everything to do with my stomach is just so painful & uncomfortable.
I learned long ago that HMO’s will want to go as cheap as possible so they always recommend the least costly way to resolve something such as forever physical therapy instead of surgery that might fix something once and for all.. But if you got loose unwanted skin or growths flapping around in the throat, I think I would insist that they trim it off. So you need to be assertive otherwise you’ll get the runaround.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Well I guess i've been away longer than I thought. I had no idea this was happening. I knew before I just started reading this from the beginning that it was gonna have a positive conclusion.
Nothing can stop MOM. Glad you're doing well.
Long live the Queen of Boomboxery!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Ghettoboom767 said:
I’m very happy to hear that your getting better Christine. May you heal fast.
Many thanks for your kind words and wishes, they warm my heart. :yes:

Superduper said:
I think my throat has now settled to whatever it will be which seems to be a lot of coughing & gagging afflictions due to the baggy web feeling like I need to swallow something rather lumpy and unpleasant. :'-( Stomach op next, the sooner the better with this one as anything & everything to do with my stomach is just so painful & uncomfortable.
I learned long ago that HMO’s will want to go as cheap as possible so they always recommend the least costly way to resolve something such as forever physical therapy instead of surgery that might fix something once and for all.. But if you got loose unwanted skin or growths flapping around in the throat, I think I would insist that they trim it off. So you need to be assertive otherwise you’ll get the runaround.
Spot on again, Sir. Although the throat surgery is done and 'successful' ( :-/ ) it feels to me like a job half done, yesterday I was again retching into a plastic bowl as the baggy lumpy thing was itching the ol' gagging thingy low down in my throat. Not only that, my voice is sounding like a baby bird in pain - it's very strange, awful, pains my throat and draws attention as it's such a weird sound! :-O :-/ The root of the throat problems stems from my stomach so once this is fixed I'll then be back on The Case Of The Weird Throat Syndrome for a more realistic outcome that does more than tick a box!

-GZ- said:
Well I guess i've been away longer than I thought. I had no idea this was happening. I knew before I just started reading this from the beginning that it was gonna have a positive conclusion.
Nothing can stop MOM. Glad you're doing well.
Long live the Queen of Boomboxery!
:blush: Jeez - nice line!!! :cool: You had more confidence in this than I did at the outset, I thought I'd end up in The Big Boom Room In The Sky but my defiant side must have fought back. :thumbsup:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I hate heights so in my opinion if I go to heaven it sucks cuz I got to fly up there if I go to hell it sucks cuz I got to fall down there.