I'm Not Sure If This Can Be Fixed..........................

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Thanks again for the kind words. I'm still waiting for Op#2, nothing in sight yet but I hope it's sooner rather than later 'cos I'm fed up with 'eating' only soft foods, liquids ans farkin' mush. :-/ The problem with a soggy diet is that anything consumed passed through the stomach quite quickly so I'm constantly grazing all day to satisfy my hunger. The ol' baggy web thingy still aggravates or tickles the ol' gagging thingy way down in my throat making me retch several times a week. I swear my neck's getting longer with all the neck-stretching retching these days! :yes: :w00t:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah having a sore f****** throat sucks it seems like you have to swallow 10 times more when your throat sore.

I tell you one thing that's easy to eat with a sore throat is pulled pork BBQ smothered on BBQ sauce , it slides right down lol.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
JVC Floyd said:
Yeah having a sore f****** throat sucks it seems like you have to swallow 10 times more when your throat sore.

I tell you one thing that's easy to eat with a sore throat is pulled pork BBQ smothered on BBQ sauce , it slides right down lol.
A sore throat is a real pain but I daren't even try the ol' pulled pork, it'd block the bottle necked duodenum for certain - and that's really painful. :-/

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Well - Impressed I am not. :sadno: :annoyed:

Having been waiting for six weeks for the 'throat op'/'webby thing' surgeon to inform the 'stomach surgeon' that I'm ready for my 2nd op then to be contacted to arrange the next step......................the silence was deafening. After 3 weeks of calling various hospital departments several times it now transpires that nothing is happening. :-/ The 'throat surgeon' didn't tell anyone she'd done the op, she's just disappeared into thin air and messed up the whole care program as a consequence. :bang:

I've been waiting for six weeks and in the mean time been physically sick almost every day since the throat op, retched several times each and every day & night, now speak with a permanent croak/sometimes not at all, endured a lump in my throat and suffered endless bouts of stomach pains - all the while I (mistakenly) thought wheels were turning slowly. Today it was confirmed to me that someone screwed up somewhere and 'I will be contacted very soon'. We'll see. :hmmm:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
All of this kind of makes me glad that we don't have universal health care here. :-/

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
Finger's and toes crossed that all is well. I don't know any of you on here in any form of one-to-one situation, but I'd like to think that just being on this site makes us a kind of family unit altogether. I'd hate to hear of anyone who I converse with on any level is going through such an ordeal. I really hope the hospital pull things together and get MOM sorted out and back on the road to recovery ASAP!

GET WELL SOON MOM!

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
Good news guys!!

Christine is alive & well :-) I'm talking with her now on the phone!

I'm sure she will soon post here soon!!

Christine is very humbled after reading this thread & it makes one reflect on life & what it's all about..........

She is very perky & upbeat & a joy to catch up with :yes:

Great to chat to you again honey & so glad you're ok! :-)

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Hi y'all - you certainly know how to make me blush with all your kind thoughts an' all! :yes: :blush:

As St Nick has said, we've chatted at length (sorry, Nick!) and I managed a little of an update. I've not been too well so spent more time listening to music whilst recovering. Quite a lot has happened since my last update so I'll bring you up to date in the shortest, most practical, way without moaning or wearing out your eyeballs with the minutiae of detail.

My voice is now permanently (extremely) croaky now, caused by repetitive acid reflux (mentioned previously). My throat muscles have been over active fighting against acid reflux to the point they have grown so large that my throat is narrowed and my vocal chords are damaged. Options: Speech Therapy to use my throat muscles and vocal chords differently (I've tried this to no avail), surgery (I don't think this will be a good idea due to my breathing problems) or no action. The surgeon has confirmed that this problem was misdiagnosed previously as pharyngeal webs.

Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease) is still a problem as the 'extra filling' in my torso adversely affects my breathing.

Chronic Kidney Disease (stage 3) - no change.

Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis worsening in hands, knees & hips affecting mobility, agility etc.

Fibromyalgia: A pain in the neck - and everywhere else!

Emphysema. This was diagnosed from CAT scans and is now the most serious issue and seriously affects my life in so many negative ways. This is likely to be the one that gets me first so I've asked to be treated honestly over this, no gentle approaches, misleading hopes or other kindly bullsh1t - shooting from the hip with a bit of the ol' straight talking only, please Doc.

PTSD, tinnitus and whatever else I suffer from seem to matter little at the moment with everything else that's going on. The thing is, a few days ago I stumbled across a website that mentioned a couple of kids I went to school with had died, at least one of them was a grand parent and it got me all a-thinking:
For the most part I've lived my life for the moment and enjoyed many years travelling the world, seeing many wonderful sights and making the most of every local opportunity to learn while having fun working, before attempting to settle down more recently. I have no children so do not have those memories to reflect upon nor is there any long-ago planted foliage I can take pride in having tended to over the years etc., etc., but I have still been busy in recent years. I have my audio collection which provides much pleasure to me and this is my interest in life these days. I still have BB's to fix, shelves to put up and so much more to do and, with all that's been going on in my life, the prevailing thought is: If my time is up I'll be very annoyed 'cos I'm just too busy - I ain't ready yet, I've too much to do! :yes: :annoyed:

There's a lot more detail such as endless hospital and doctor appointments, masses of meds to take daily and constant struggles with some of the more basic things in life but Hey - I'm still here like a bad smell that won't go away! :yes: :-D

Now. time for a look-see around this fantastic forum.......................

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MyOhMy said:
If my time is up I'll be very annoyed 'cos I'm just too busy - I ain't ready yet, I've too much to do! :yes: :annoyed:
I like that kind of attitude! I think I can speak for all of us here when I say, "We love you, Christine!" :bow: :thumbsup: :rock: :clap: :hooray: :smooch: :angelic: :blush: :afro:

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Aw shucks, many thanks.

I just, fleetingly, recalled the cameras - yes, THE cameras - there seems to have been so many of them but the best way is to say it just like it was: I was deep-throated and back doored several times!!! :w00t: :yes: :blush: