I'm Not Sure If This Can Be Fixed..........................

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
I'm so sorry to hear all this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I deeply hope the doctors can come up with a solution that can get you through this.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Not to confuse you MOM. I know you first informed us about your health on the General Chat section, but I didn't know the severity of your condition. As I read this thread that's when it hit me that it is more than just not feeling well.

So I hope you're doing well today and keep fighting the good fight!!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Many thanks for all the replies, advice, suggestions and support.

Yes, my lungs are definitely farked and they are now as they will stay so little can be done there apart from lifestyle adjustments which, essentially, means slow down and take things easy for a change. :-O :-/ :no: The gastric/stomach and throat issues are much more serious and immediate but remedies are restricted due to the lungs, that's the simple sentence to describe what's going on. It's complicated, not nice to experience and I'm showing more than a handful of symptoms all of the time.

Quite a few of the many symptoms have been missed even though I've been telling my doctor's surgery about them since last year and this has angered me to the point I had a heated arguments with the obstructive surgery receptionist and an argument with a doctor who couldn't even read my medical notes correctly on my last visit - I am now registering with another practise after telling the obnoxious receptionist to "Fook Off" along with a few other choice words. :w00t:

Sorry again chaps, I'm not unloading on y'all, it's just that I have few folk to tell or share this with (just one close friend and St Nick as I have no close family or family of my own). I'm still listening to music like there's no tomorrow (pun intended :yes: ) and today's lucky dip has been Manuel and the Music Of The Mountains, The Scorpions and a bit of Etta James (a wonderful artist with passion in her voice). Yesterday I serviced a Hi-Fi tape deck for my friend's son, he'll be impressed I did this! :yes: :-D

milosancho

Member (SA)
Jun 2, 2009
Central Coast, California
Tough read. Most of us are getting up there in age and that's when things start breaking down. Good reminder to live life to the fullest but just as important to take care of the absolute most important piece of machinery any of us will ever own - our body.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Christine, I'm sure it wasn't easy sharing such a personal part of your life on a public forum with a bunch of weirdo's. I have a lot of respect for you dealing with all this.

Like was stated above, maybe with a little rest and the fact that you're not smoking and have changed your diet, you will be able to take baby steps forward. If you can only walk 5 steps today, push for 6 steps at the end of next week and 7 for the week after. It's more than possible that this time next year you'll be in the best shape of the last 10 years.

I wish you only the best of luck moving forward. We're here if you ever want to chat it out, in the public forum or in PM's.
We are good people dear Christine! Not a bunch of weirdo's .... we all have passion.... the love for collecting boomboxes and be nice to our dear friends. If any of our comments including mine was inappropriate please accept my apologies!

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
BoomboxLover48 said:
Christine, I'm sure it wasn't easy sharing such a personal part of your life on a public forum with a bunch of weirdo's. I have a lot of respect for you dealing with all this.

Like was stated above, maybe with a little rest and the fact that you're not smoking and have changed your diet, you will be able to take baby steps forward. If you can only walk 5 steps today, push for 6 steps at the end of next week and 7 for the week after. It's more than possible that this time next year you'll be in the best shape of the last 10 years.

I wish you only the best of luck moving forward. We're here if you ever want to chat it out, in the public forum or in PM's.
We are good people dear Christine! Not a bunch of weirdo's .... we all have passion.... the love for collecting boomboxes and be nice to our dear friends. If any of our comments including mine was inappropriate please accept my apologies!
Ah, I understand how sincere all the comments have been so no worries on that matter, I feel I'm not over sensitive and not easily offended so there's no need to tip-toe around any aspects of this. It does make me wonder that, after many years of adventure training, exploring the world, endlessly partying in my younger years and getting into many scrapes in silly situations leading to various injuries, that something like this sneaks up on me when I'm taking life easier and when I least expect it. Oh well. :-/

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Hey don't worry about "unloading." Unload away! Its therapeutic and this is a pretty safe zone to unload. Many different people of many different life events, and we all care about each other. Go for it if and when you need to.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
I’m so sorry to hear this,I smoke but not nicotine,I worry myself to. I am glad I’m
Allergic to cigarettes but I’m thinking I’ve done the other so long now I’m getting concerned for my own health.
I pray you get better Christine!!

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Hell if it was my pleasure killing me I live forever cuz I don't have too many.
I gave up on pleasure .I aim towards relief lol.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
MyOhMy said:
Many thanks for all the replies, advice, suggestions and support.

Yes, my lungs are definitely farked and they are now as they will stay so little can be done there apart from lifestyle adjustments which, essentially, means slow down and take things easy for a change. :-O :-/ :no: The gastric/stomach and throat issues are much more serious and immediate but remedies are restricted due to the lungs, that's the simple sentence to describe what's going on. It's complicated, not nice to experience and I'm showing more than a handful of symptoms all of the time.

Quite a few of the many symptoms have been missed even though I've been telling my doctor's surgery about them since last year and this has angered me to the point I had a heated arguments with the obstructive surgery receptionist and an argument with a doctor who couldn't even read my medical notes correctly on my last visit - I am now registering with another practise after telling the obnoxious receptionist to "Fook Off" along with a few other choice words. :w00t:

Sorry again chaps, I'm not unloading on y'all, it's just that I have few folk to tell or share this with (just one close friend and St Nick as I have no close family or family of my own). I'm still listening to music like there's no tomorrow (pun intended :yes: ) and today's lucky dip has been Manuel and the Music Of The Mountains, The Scorpions and a bit of Etta James (a wonderful artist with passion in her voice). Yesterday I serviced a Hi-Fi tape deck for my friend's son, he'll be impressed I did this! :yes: :-D
Damn Christine you just serviced a tape deck!!

Got to give you props on that!

Totally agree on Etta James, but she also had it rough but kept on going with her career including Billie Holiday and Nina Simone just to name a few.

For your listening pleasure here's a wonderful rendition of Jay Hawkins - "I Put a Spell On You"

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABEPBnz0M8

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
JVC Floyd said:
I would rather have my Pleasures kill me than my miseries.
Ain't that the truth! :yes:

ford93 said:
Damn Christine you just serviced a tape deck!!

Got to give you props on that!

Totally agree on Etta James, but she also had it rough but kept on going with her career including Billie Holiday and Nina Simone just to name a few.

For your listening pleasure here's a wonderful rendition of Jay Hawkins - "I Put a Spell On You"

Enjoy!
I read the story of Etta James with sadness, she was so young when she started out on her singing career and vultures took advantage of this. Her colour was used against her to stifle her popularity but her beautiful qualities and amazing voice would implant her into the minds of millions.

I've heard many good versions of "I Put a Spell On You" but this ranks among the best - many thanks for this little treat. :thumbsup:

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Update:

I'm still not very active on the forum, tiredness/lethargy/weakness/whatever being the culprit although some days are better than others. Most of my sleep periods are short and taken in a sitting position in a chair, it's uncomfortable but less risky than laying down and choking from food 'backing up' due to the S.M.A. Syndrome..

I've had a few very difficult periods of trying to breathe as well as the daily struggles of living so my friend came to stay for a few days to help me but, a couple of days after she left, my breathing became so difficult I had to call out the emergency services. Once the panic was over and I'd resumed a better breathing pattern I showed a paramedic my Boom Room and other audio, cassettes, CD's & Vinyl albums and he was gob-smacked! :yes: :-D He thought it was all fantastic and I'm sure I could detect a little envy in a twinkly eye. :yes:

Last week I underwent extensive pre-op tests at a local hospital in preparation for surgery, I was told the pharyngeal web in my throat has grown so my status for surgery is now 'urgent'. I can certainly feel the web getting larger, it's affecting my voice/speech, becoming sore and making swallowing & breathing more difficult & laboured. This morning I was notified that surgery on my throat will be carried out on Monday 25th June. :grim:???

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Shiat thats rough Mom, we will all be rooting for you on the 25th. Would be cool if you updated us as soon as you're out and let us know you're ok. I bet you will feel a ton better once you're out x

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I hope everything goes well will be pulling for you keep us updated as you can cuz you know we're going to be worried about you.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
T-STER said:
Shiat thats rough Mom, we will all be routing for you on the 25th. Would be cool if you updated us as soon as your out and let us know your ok. I bet you will feel a ton better once your out x
I'm sure the op will be OK and go well, I have no worries about this. My biggest concern is recovery from the op as nurses will probably want me to rest on my back but this is the last thing I need as it's far too risky for my breathing. My friend is certainly well briefed and will be by my side as much as she can be - and she can have any BB she likes, if at all goes wrong, except the GF-9000 which will go to St Nick. :-D

JVC Floyd said:
I hope everything goes well will be pulling for you keep us updated as you can cuz you know we're going to be worried about you.
Many thanks for the thoughts. Once this is over it'll be 1 out of 3 serious things taken care of so I'll be bouncing back in no time! :yes: :-D

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
MyOhMy said:
Shiat thats rough Mom, we will all be routing for you on the 25th. Would be cool if you updated us as soon as your out and let us know your ok. I bet you will feel a ton better once your out x
I'm sure the op will be OK and go well, I have no worries about this. My biggest concern is recovery from the op as nurses will probably want me to rest on my back but this is the last thing I need as it's far too risky for my breathing. My friend is certainly well briefed and will be by my side as much as she can be - and she can have any BB she likes, if at all goes wrong, except the GF-9000 which will go to St Nick. :-D
JVC Floyd said:
Many thanks for the thoughts. Once this is over it'll be 1 out of 3 serious things taken care of so I'll be bouncing back in no time! :yes: :-D
Yes you will.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
MyOhMy said:
Update:

I'm still not very active on the forum, tiredness/lethargy/weakness/whatever being the culprit although some days are better than others. Most of my sleep periods are short and taken in a sitting position in a chair, it's uncomfortable but less risky than laying down and choking from food 'backing up' due to the S.M.A. Syndrome..

I've had a few very difficult periods of trying to breathe as well as the daily struggles of living so my friend came to stay for a few days to help me but, a couple of days after she left, my breathing became so difficult I had to call out the emergency services. Once the panic was over and I'd resumed a better breathing pattern I showed a paramedic my Boom Room and other audio, cassettes, CD's & Vinyl albums and he was gob-smacked! :yes: :-D He thought it was all fantastic and I'm sure I could detect a little envy in a twinkly eye. :yes:

Last week I underwent extensive pre-op tests at a local hospital in preparation for surgery, I was told the pharyngeal web in my throat has grown so my status for surgery is now 'urgent'. I can certainly feel the web getting larger, it's affecting my voice/speech, becoming sore and making swallowing & breathing more difficult & laboured. This morning I was notified that surgery on my throat will be carried out on Monday 25th June. :grim:???
Don't let it beat you!

You will bounce back and live life to its fullest!!

I beat cancer 4 times and lost my mother in Sept. and I'm still here. I will see you back soon!! :yes: