If there's one box I can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
Cpl-Chronic said:
I like the 550 myself & I bet a good one sounds pretty decent too. I love the bars & they make the 550 more rugged, protects it from face falls,. etc.

There's lot of blasters I don't like & would never spend a dime on some that apparently are the crème de la crème for some folks....to me JVC kicked butt form '78-'83 & even the waffle grill M80 which is probably 1 of the ugliest blasters out there, has grown on me, looks-wise...They also take the prize for engineering, build quality, features, outstanding decks & great sound, period.

I will always hold JVC as the reference that the others tried to match.....there's nothing that comes even close to the JVC line of that period.
From the right angle, the M80 looks impressive. What is in style changes anyway , as the years go by.

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
restocat said:
The RC550 just looks like it has an attitude problem. "listen to me or I'll kick your @@@ all over the sidewalk"
My Panasonics just dont talk like that.
WORD!! :breakdance:
That may be the reason why people hate it.. Because it so in yer face!
I love my Blockbusters street cred, but look what the 550 does to em! :lol:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
The speaker trim and dustcaps shoulda been chrome IMO

But I wouldn't kick one out of bed

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
i love the bars and the unique design --
but the sound was a bit boring --same with several 550s i have had or heard-
expected alot more from 10 inches

so we all have different opinions = thats cool

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I still don't get how that thing is built, Ira. Can you take a photo inside the case?

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hey reli --i can try to find some old pictures - but better if you look back 2 years ago in this sites old threads -
i posted about 100 photos of this project - start to finish .
basically its all m70 electronics -- tuner - deck and those powerhouse m70 amps -
the 10" woofs came brand new from a speaker retailer on-line-
plenty of cosmetic parts came from 550 parts boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.