Status
Not open for further replies.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
This is a fun thread for me too .
I enjoyed reading it and
HR and Trippy echo my thoughts on the matter !
RR would agree .
Radio-Raheem-in-Do-the-Right-Thing.jpg

JustCruisin

Member (SA)
Jan 28, 2012
Midwest, USA
:lol: :lol: if the JVC 550 burned your house down or killed one of your relatives, that would be a reason to hate it...
If you just don't feel the need to acquire such an object because of the way it looks, then that is not a justifiable reason to hate it..

Discriminatory much..? Prejudice..?

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Yes, I agree Hate is such a harsh / violent word :lol:
RC-550 is a nice looking box in my opinion.
Would I own one?
Probably not.
Mainly because mono boxes just don't appeal to me.
Otherwise, I have had the opportunity to play with one and they sound pretty nice.
And they are wicked street looking in a military way!!!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
It's just like your car, you didn't design it, so it's illogical to feel offended when someone disses it.

Besides, people here diss eggs all the time, even though many of us own eggs......so why is a 550 off-limits?

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Oh Gawd...I see this thread going south any second.

Have any of you ever seen one in person?

It's very imposing and F'n HUGE
Yup,I've seen and fixed several of 71Spuds RC550 and I just don't care for them.
Too much hype,not that good of sound.
I've heard and owned better sounding mono boxes that were smaller.
Too bad they don't sound half as good as they look.

restocat

Member (SA)
Apr 25, 2010
New Mexico, USA
The RC550 just looks like it has an attitude problem. "listen to me or I'll kick your @@@ all over the sidewalk"

My Panasonics just dont talk like that.

systemaddict

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2014
East Coast England
Reli said:
It's just like your car, you didn't design it, so it's illogical to feel offended when someone disses it.

Besides, people here diss eggs all the time, even though many of us own eggs......so why is a 550 off-limits?
Well put Reli :-)

static2000g

Member (SA)
Sep 23, 2014
1. The Crown SZ5100 or Unisef and any other box that looks to much like a Lasonic 931. I love my Lasonic and I’m not a big fan of getting boxes that look “too” much a like (unless they are the same bran like a 975/931).
2. Any box with detachable speakers. THERE I SAID IT! LOL

3. I loveeeeeeeeee the 550 I bought from JustCrusin.'

Attachments

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
I like the 550 myself & I bet a good one sounds pretty decent too. I love the bars & they make the 550 more rugged, protects it from face falls,. etc.

There's lot of blasters I don't like & would never spend a dime on some that apparently are the crème de la crème for some folks....to me JVC kicked butt form '78-'83 & even the waffle grill M80 which is probably 1 of the ugliest blasters out there, has grown on me, looks-wise...They also take the prize for engineering, build quality, features, outstanding decks & great sound, period.

I will always hold JVC as the reference that the others tried to match.....there's nothing that comes even close to the JVC line of that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.