I can fix radios with the power of my mind

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Some of these f****** sellers just stumble into the Boombox Market by accident next thing you know they think they hold the key to the f****** City and all honestly you have to be a f****** moron to buy anything they have.
I'm a member of the moron Club because I've done it before lol.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Another thing is I don't give a f*** if it's rare if it's a piece of s*** that's probably why it's rare in most cases if anything's worth f*** they make as many and as much money as they can off them.
Just keep in mind a rare f****** piece of junk is still a f****** piece of junk.
Ha ha yeah, being rare doesn't mean anything. M70s aren't rare, but they fetch top dollar. I have lots of truly rare boxes that no one would pay more than $50 for.

Reactions: Nickeccles

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
plugged in and powered up without issue .

No further testing performed

Sold as is no returns

May or may not need attention.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Cassette player section also works and plays the tapes well but THE TAPE EJECT BUTTON IS VERY HARD TO PRESS AND RELEASE and is sold as is.
I’m sure some qualified technician can set it right without much issue

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
"Don't have any tapes to test the cassette deck"
(translation: Nothing happens when I press a key, but I'd rather not admit it)

"I don't have any batteries or even a cable to check if it powers on"
(translation: I actually did test it, and it has lots of problems, but I'd rather not say so)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i can buy radios from ebay with the power of my mind and they never work despite what the sellers say lol

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
Unit Was Working turned it on and there was nothing coming out the speakers for repair /or /spare part,s

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
I COULD NOT TESTED(NO AMP OR SPEAKERS) TURNS ON /OFF A GOOD SPEED, EVERYTHING WORKS AS SHOULD BUT I DON'T WANT ANY PROBLEMS SO IS SOLD AS IS.
BRAND NEW CARTRIDGE AND STYLUS.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
"Have not tested to see if it works but it should work, selling as is"

• Haha
Reactions: Tinman and Chris O.

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
The tape player spins on play, rewind & fast forward, but we didn't have a tape to test it.

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
The most hilarious, but unfunny sellers are the Japanese, They are still selling boomboxes in 2024, but take pictures from 20 feet away on an old Nokia camera phone from 1999, they take fuzzy pictures in No-80p, show no wear and tear, give no detail on its functionality or physical condition, when you see them listed as radio cassette junk. that means they are..

i recently bought 2 radios from japan in the last 2 months, lost money on both,
Sharp GF787 - looked in Good Condition, But.. When Received - Has Broken Door hinge, Treble slider dead, Ariel Snapped off, Amp Chip Blown in one channel (amp chip TA7246BP, new one costs £45), Not going to bother..
Then...
Bought a GF535 - Ariel Snapped off, All chrome work Corroded and Pitted badly, some weird problem with the Amp, When i turn the volume above half the sound fades out. never came across a fault like it before, Sprayed sliders, buttons, record bar ect.. Advice is.. think before buying from japan, 2 radios, 2 junkers. Buyer Beware..

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
The most hilarious, but unfunny sellers are the Japanese, They are still selling boomboxes in 2024, but take pictures from 20 feet away on an old Nokia camera phone from 1999, they take fuzzy pictures in No-80p, show no wear and tear, give no detail on its functionality or physical condition, when you see them listed as radio cassette junk. that means they are..

i recently bought 2 radios from japan in the last 2 months, lost money on both,
Sharp GF787 - looked in Good Condition, But.. When Received - Has Broken Door hinge, Treble slider dead, Ariel Snapped off, Amp Chip Blown in one channel (amp chip TA7246BP, new one costs £45), Not going to bother..
Then...
Bought a GF535 - Ariel Snapped off, All chrome work Corroded and Pitted badly, some weird problem with the Amp, When i turn the volume above half the sound fades out. never came across a fault like it before, Sprayed sliders, buttons, record bar ect.. Advice is.. think before buying from japan, 2 radios, 2 junkers. Buyer Beware..
Could be one of two reasons:
1) Maybe the Japanese version of Ebay doesn't allow hi-rez pics for some reason
2) They don't want you to see the saltwater corrosion on the chrome surfaces. Japanese radios are notorious for that. It probably harms the internal components as well.

Reactions: Ghettoman

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I verified that AM, FM and short bands are all working, cassette player FF, REW, play and rec all work, all inputs & outputs work but there's no sound from speakers and there's a slight burning smell when powered on.
Could be an easy fix for the right person.
$1000 + shipping.

• Haha
Reactions: Reli

Ghettoman

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2018
Manchester, England
Could be one of two reasons:
1) Maybe the Japanese version of Ebay doesn't allow hi-rez pics for some reason
2) They don't want you to see the saltwater corrosion on the chrome surfaces. Japanese radios are notorious for that. It probably harms the internal components as well.
Yes, every Radio i have ever Bought from Japan has had corrosion, i bought a Nec, 2x Sharp GF787, and a GF535, They were all filthy dirty, Yellowing to the plastics, and the 535 has corrosion to the Handle, and crash Bars on the speakers, and to the knobs. i also have a GF999, but that was lucky, it has a little pitting to the handle but that's about it. thing is, if the Japanese owners would have kept cleaning them and keeping an eye on the chrome, a lot of it could have been avoided, most of them never even cleaned the radios, My Nec and the GF535, none of them look like they ever had a clean since 1983. one of my GF787's, 2 Beetles Came crawling out of it, i caught them in a little tub and put them outside, but it was pretty darn cold so i'm sure they probably wouldn't have lived.

Reactions: Reli

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i have bought 4 radios of late record player sanyo sharp gf9000...and 2 red panasonic rxf32, anyway none have worked as described maybe it's a bit much to expect working radios these days because even if described fully working they have many faults the belts being the least of the problems
bottom line please think twice before buying radios these days as you never know what you are getting even if described as fully working it's generally not the case lads

Reactions: Brutus442