Greetings from Lasonic!

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
funktoon said:
then crown is a copycat brand
There's plenty of "copycats" from many brands.

It's obviously more like companies coming together on certain ideas. Just like automobiles.

For example, the Toyota Matrix, the same as a Pontiac Vibe, or that Saturn thing. Same car, slight differences.

Or the Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000gt.

It's just collaboration. I think that crown you speak of is the only crown that looks like a Lasonic. And it's actually quite a bit different.

bigbil

Member (SA)
Mar 9, 2016
I just bought my first boom box a laconic Trc-920t. I'm impressed by the quality even all these years later. Keep up the good work.

bigbil

Member (SA)
Mar 9, 2016
I just bought my first boom box a laconic Trc-920t. I'm impressed by the quality even all these years later. Keep up the good work.

snedboy

Member (SA)
Aug 16, 2017
Scotland
bigbil said:
Congrats. I have nothing more to say

Mar 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
LANICO L-939
I scored this New Old Stock (NOS) Lanico L-939 on the weekend from Kijiji (local online classifieds popular in Canada).
The most obscure & least documented box in my collection.
Made in amazing Taiwan, likely in the late 80's to early 90's.
It was discovered in the back of the garage of a former electronics vendor at the Hwy 400 Flea Market in Barrie, Ontario, Canada in the 1990's.
Amazingly, the belts have not disintegrated & both decks play like champs after just seeing their first light of day this century.
I was the first to respond to the ad, but by the time I (quickly) showed up to claim it, the sellers had received 7 other offers.
Some were higher than the price we had agreed to, so I gladly paid more, which is unusual for me.
But it's the first true NOS piece I've ever had the chance to own.
Thank You Larry, Mike & Kijiji.

Was this LANICO boombox made by Lasonic?

LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 3.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 4.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 10.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 11.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 6.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 2.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 7.jpg
LANICO L-939 BOOMBOX & BOX 12.jpg
The photo directly above shows Taiwan vs. Korea's interpretation of "Super Jumbo"LANICO L-939 Boombox & Box & Manual.jpg
LANICO L-939 Boombox & Box & Manual 2.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I know Gordie has one of these, it's on YouTube.

Those speaker trims are thick as hell!

RocklandSally

Member (SA)
Jun 23, 2019
baddboybill said:
Here some pics I have :-). Thanks Wes

Bad Bad Bill
Damn fine collection... I love it and have a growing respect (anger) towards you !! lol

LOVE the Jumbo 975

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Reli said:
I know Gordie has one of these, it's on YouTube.

Those speaker trims are thick as hell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSr3Kr1U_ao

Knockamichi

Sep 19, 2020
Thudrumble
Hi Everyone,

My name is Wes and I work for Lasonic. I met Chris and Miles at the shoot for Miles' Boombox Creator documentary and decided it was time to actually make an account here at boomboxery (long time lurker). Anyways, just want to make Lasonic's and my presence known to the Boombox community and would be happy to answer any questions as best as I can about Lasonic. Big things are brewing for 2014 so stay tuned!

Happy Holidays!
Hi bud! Im new i just joined 10 minutes ago but your just the guy i was looking for! I just acquired a lasonic power amp for a car and i cant find any info on the internet about it.. are you familiar?? thanks!

Reactions: baddboybill

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Hi bud! Im new i just joined 10 minutes ago but your just the guy i was looking for! I just acquired a lasonic power amp for a car and i cant find any info on the internet about it.. are you familiar?? thanks!
Post pics of power amp for car. Never seen or heard about one. What is the issue with it? Also Lasonic never for some reason does not have schemes.

Reactions: Knockamichi

Knockamichi

Sep 19, 2020
Thudrumble
Post pics of power amp for car. Never seen or heard about one. What is the issue with it? Also Lasonic never for some reason does not have schemes.
Here it is!

Attachments

Knockamichi

Sep 19, 2020
Thudrumble
the only issue i had was exactly what you were saying lol i can find any info on them at all anywhere on the internet like they never existed. which i find weird because the build quality on this is amazing its like art. some dude had this in his suzuki samurai bitd no doubt lol . seriously thinking about building a samurai or mintruck around this amp hahaha

Reactions: baddboybill

Knockamichi

Sep 19, 2020
Thudrumble
Looks like a very nice amp. Does it still work?
Thank you! works and looks like it was made yesterday. Got it last night. dude wanted 25 he took 10. worth more than that for even just to look at lol. I worked for manleylabs so i now my way around circuits i opened to to see if it was old because from outside it looks brand new and the inside looks vintage. add the fact its only a 120w amp and its huge and kinda heavy its prolly old