Greetings from Lasonic!

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Hello Wes, great to know you!

I see the Lasonic brand as something intrinsically linked to the boombox and am a huge devotee of your 80s products.
The big Lasonic's are some of my most prized boomboxes and stacked up against all the competition they easily have the
best performance to sound to cost ratios when being carried out on the street.
My second gen 931 has been my current radio of choice to carry to and from work, before this it was my TRC-975. i've got about 200 boomboxes, including most of the 'grails' and the Lasonic boomboxes are always my go-to radios for outdoor rockin.

One thing I'd love to request is some kind of mode selector part that you could sell for the 931 models. Nearly all of them have this issue with the mode selector perishing over time, it would be awesome to be able to get some kind of replacement as it would bring hundred upon hundreds of 931's back to full blasting action.

Hope you have lots of fun here, Wes and best of luck for 2014!

Rock On.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Your son is growing fast Bill. Still one of the best Lasonic collections on the web!

I think you and Miles are the only people I know with the ultra rare Gold i931

Thanks Chris :thumbsup: oh actually my gold Lasonic is one I painted :-). Couldn't afford the ones from overseas and the only one I saw selling on eBay for $400 had been abused.

Bad Boy Bill

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Welcome WES!!!

Good to have you hear. I'm a lasonic LOVER as well!

Lasonic_Wes

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2013
For our UK bretheren. Have you guys contacted our European distributor over in France? www.veentage.com. As of right now we are hoping to expand to other countries but its a matter of finding the right distribution channels for us. 2013 has definitely been a transitionary period for us here at Lasonic so were hoping to restart and revamp to bring us closer to our former glory.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Lasonic_Wes said:
For our UK bretheren. Have you guys contacted our European distributor over in France? www.veentage.com. As of right now we are hoping to expand to other countries but its a matter of finding the right distribution channels for us. 2013 has definitely been a transitionary period for us here at Lasonic so were hoping to restart and revamp to bring us closer to our former glory.
Thanks Wes, i'll checkout that link :-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Oh wow! These names appeared in that link, listed under "Europe" though, so no wonder we didn't know they were there.
UK
URBAN OUTFITTERS, www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk
VICTORIA & ALBERT MUSEUM SHOP, Cromwell Road London, SW7 2RL
ROUGH TRADE, Old Truman Brewery 91 Brick Lane London E1 6QL
CHEMICAL RECORDS www.chemicalrecords.co.uk

Anyone down in England fancy checking these out? That London is only about 380 miles from here so there and back within a day is achievable. Hmm.... :hmmm:

Thanks for the links, Wes. :thumbsup:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Aww shite! Wes, whats your position at Lasonic? I think you really have a good opportunity to grow the brand with the right insight from the right people on this site. Lasonic should be the new Beats by Dre....with the right marketing and product development..Lasonic could run this shite.

Lasonic_Wes

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2013
Hey -GZ- my official title is graphic design/ marketing but I'm all over the place around the office heh.

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
Welcome aboard Wes. It is way to cool to have you as a member of boomboxery. I also have many Lasonic boomers. If I could only have one new product from Lasonic it would be a replacement Band Selector & Function Selector Switch for the TRC 931. I have three full functioning TRC 931s ( I have replaced this switches from a donor/parts TRC 931), but the plastic gear inside these switches get brittle and crack rendering the switch inoperable. It is only a matter of time when this will happen to my Lasonic TRC 931s. :sad:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
bklyn sound said:
thanks chris that is one of my boxed babys :thumbsup:
I have never seen the cardboard box for the 931 before. Melly has a wycked brand new 931 like yours....there are a few left in this world. Sadly, I don't have one :'-( :bow:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Welcome aboard! Know any designers or product development people there? Tell them to join and ask for our opinions about what makes a boombox great! What better way to ensure your future products will succeed?

Oh, and bring back the 920!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f7exKZ33pU[/youtube]

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Boombap149 said:
Wellcome Mr Wes,

Hope all you have planned for 2014 will available for Canada! :)
Dang you have a 951 too? those are very rare. Only about 3-4 of them around including mine.

Nice collection.