Greetings from Lasonic!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Dang you have a 951 too? those are very rare. Only about 3-4 of them around including mine.

Nice collection.

Had my hands on a 951 a few months ago but sent it back as it had amp issues. Unit was mint condition too.

Bad Bad Bill

Boombap149

Member (SA)
Dec 14, 2010
blu_fuz said:
Dang you have a 951 too? those are very rare. Only about 3-4 of them around including mine.

Nice collection.
Only 3-4 951 around? cool then :)
i have one and a friend of mine has one too.
thanks blu_fuz

Boombap149

Member (SA)
Dec 14, 2010
920 i use to have 5 of them :)
and 4 922..a little difference in between my 922s, some with equalizer insted of the song search option, others with speakers all blue or with out the little red tweeter etc :)
kept only one of each(920-922)

i Would like to own the 920 double deck! black or grey im not sure...seen one only in eBay.

Lasonic_Wes

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2013
PULSE said:
Hello dear Wes!
I want buy Chrome&Black version (
MASTERMIND JAPAN), but i see so expensive price! Why?
You can offer good price for it?

If you need distribution Lasonic in Russia, Moscow - please contact me.

Russian forum about Lasonic here: http://www.boomboxpilot.ru/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6
The reason it's so expensive is because only a hand full of them were made. We haven't even been able to get a hold of any ourselves just yet because all our stock went straight to Japan. We might be able to get a few more made that we can sell straight on our site but we don't know when just yet.

As for the distribution, email me directly at wes@lasonic.com
I'm sure Albert would be interested

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
I also would love to own an original Mastermind edition Lasonic.

The FSAS i931's are still my favorite...and the sound is great...especially compared to the newer i931BT.

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Bad boy bill. Do you have a copy of the user guide for the I931BT ? If so, any chance you can scan a copy? Also, does the USB have a limit read? I have a 16gb that it will not read. Yet my TDK reads it.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I believe I have user sheet. :lol: It's only a one sided sheet but I believe there might be a limit of 8 gb but I never use that so not 100% sure and it's not mentioned on manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stynger007

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
The Great White North Canada
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I have never seen the cardboard box for the 931 before. Melly has a wycked brand new 931 like yours....there are a few left in this world. Sadly, I don't have one :'-( :bow:
I totally regret selling my 1st gen 931 with original box a few years back. Would love to have kept !!

Has anyone heard from Wes since January last year? It would have been nice to hear of upcoming retro repros..

soundboy

Member (SA)
Feb 17, 2014
toronto ontario Canada
what has come of the documentary I was interested hope we see it come about in the summer of 2016 CNN will have a series about the 80s they have one about the seventies running now
the advertisement for the 80s series had a Clairton 7980 blasting

funktoon

Member (SA)
Aug 26, 2015
well aware of lasonic as the TRC-935 was the second boombox i owned after my little yamaha PC-8. i don't have acces to the pics i took of it before it was stolen, but i customized it "duck rock" style.

i have a lasonic RELATED question... if lasonic and crown were actually the same company, what was the model name of the crown, i believe, boombox that had 10 or 12 inch woofers? i can't find info on that mystery box anywhere, but i remember it being named as a crown, and it having fake gold trim.

as to requests, how about toning down the "tacky factor" on lasonic boomboxes eg. no chrome and not so many colors... just a minimalist "eurostyle" high tech look. i know, most other people like shiny objects, but a plain charcoal grey box with matching knobs etc. and simple white lettering like a stereo component works for me.

for what it's worth... this is the tackiest boombox EVER! when i saw one next to the one i was told had 12" woofers in a shop around 1992, i couldn't stop laughing

had to re-post this alternate pic after the original got blocked

besides the toy looking lights and fake chrome, it's just so busy looking with all of those graphics.

regardless, my TRC-935 sounded great and stomped a dozen other boxes where i bought it and the 10 band EQ rocked. i would have preferred VU meters over 5 segment LEDs too