First refoam project....PROJECT COMPLETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Testing my audio settings. The speakers sound good after the refoam. One of the tweeters is more quiet, so I will look into that. They don't compare to the 12" Sansui white speakers I had in the living room, but it sure did clear up some space.

image.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
It is damn awesome!

Woop woop!

The CV tweet didn't survive my repair :-/. Luckily another member gave me some Foster tweets last year and not only do they fit, but they sound fan ****ing tastic!

image.jpg

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
^ duckman, yes thanks again! Your tweets fixed up my kenwoods and now the CV's. Thank you

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Almost done...finally...8 months later!. I'll wrap it up tomorrow and hopefully be bumpin by Saturday. Wasn't as hard as expected but I guess I won't know if I did a good job until I beat the living hell out of those 15's!!!
Plus I recently purchased a little more power to push these Vegas....like almost twice as much. Stay tuned for that too!
Floyd get off your ass, homie! Your turn!

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Well I DID finish refoaming my Vegas the other day...but due to logistical difficulties I have not put them back in the cabinets yet. Still have to put the plastic surrounds back on too. They look good but still don't know if they can take a pounding yet. I'll finish it one if these days....

Attachments

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Oh. My. God.
Well I guess I did an OK job because I just beat the living hell out of these things with some Eazy E and some Outkast and now my head hurts.
So I finally put them back together and hooked them up to my new amplifiers. To answer your question Duckman, i found two Kenwood KM-X1000's....one powering each speaker. Rated at 130Wx2 into 8 ohms or mono BTL 270Wx1 into 8 ohms. Well these CV's are 4 ohm so I have no idea how much power is pumping out.
First time I've had a stereo that I couldn't turn up any louder...not out of fear of damaging something....but because my ears couldn't take it!
So glad to finally have these up and running again! Only took 9 months to make it happen!

Attachments

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
duckman said:
Fabulous GZ ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They look great and cabinets are in such good condition too.

Nice 'little' amps you got there and like the look and layout of them too.

Congrats on finishing :clap:
SLO said:
Dam! Those CV's demand some farkin respect! They look amazing. And Im sure the bass just HITS
Thanks fellas.
Yeah the cabinets are real nice. These things just thump!
I'm loving these amps. Sooo underrated. I can't believe the power they push out.
If I can find two more of these amps I'm gonna get two more of these CV's!

Status
Not open for further replies.