First refoam project....PROJECT COMPLETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
duckman said:
10 years?!?!?!?! And you are apparently the re-foam guy !

We can all relax now, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, you'll have pics in the spring. :blush:
oh trust me i got plenty more speakers that need foams , just not enough time and money to do everything , i respond to the need and there's really no need to fix these in any hurry being that i could never use all the speakers i have.

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
I thought if I started removing the old foam it would motivate me to finish....but when you have multiple sets of speakers and an m90 in the man cave there's always an alternate option...grrrr

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
I'm guessing yours will be done before mine...and Floyd's for that matter. Those speakers are perfect for you Joe. I know you can handle the refoam...just watch the video Floyd posted.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I ordered the kit in the video because I like the glue they have to work with. It was about $5 more, but being a newb at this I need all the help I can get.

Greg, why don't you have yours done yet???? It doesn't seem that hard.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
All done!!!!

Just kidding. Woofers are ready for new rings to be glued on. Maybe tomorrow.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ready for glue:

image.jpg

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good job!

Cone paper rim edge cleaning should be really nice or else the rubber edges will make hills and valleys around the paper edge. Once I had to take it out and redo it.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I cleaned it all good enough I hope. I would hate to have to redo it. Everything is glued and sitting overnight tonight.

image.jpg

One of the tweeters had broken wires too I had to fix:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Nice work Joe. And thanks for continuously making the rest of us look like a bunch of lazy ****s....which I am.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
You really are slacking to the point its making me sick. Get your **** together and get'r done bro's! **** isn't going to fix itself.

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
-GZ- said:
Nice work Joe. And thanks for continuously making the rest of us look like a bunch of lazy farks....which I am.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work indeed, the speakers turned out really well - despite the speaker boxes looking like the size & build of barn door. :w00t: Are they as heavy as they look?

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
They are actually as heavy as they look, hahahhahaa. Luckily these CV's are only 8".

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Wife was so happy that these sound so good that she wanted my 12" speakers swapped out of the living room for the 8" CV's :-/

Women, hahahaha. Size does matter, 12's hit way harder and make your eyeballs wiggle.

Oh well. They do look nice in the living room.

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Man those Cerwin Vega's look proper Joe, great work on the refoam, they look sweet. They compliment your setup perfectly man, just be careful not to shatter those vases when the bass line thumps! CV's POUND :w00t:

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Normally I would curse you for putting the grills on....but they look really nice in that room.
I might be buying some new speakers before I refoam the old ones...and they are the baddest of the baddest CV's...just gotta pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.