Crown ! Save

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
baddboybill said:
The bigger dust caps make it look like a serious contender. I like that the decks still play the MP3 cassette. Good job.
thanks brother ...hopefully someone here will have the idler tires for the crown deck!!!!! Then it will be ✈✈Perfecto
Great job Jimmy. I can probably help with tires but will have to see them. You can either get some from http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/it.htm

Or can try from hardware store to get package of orings. ;-)

Like Bill said "O" rings work well in some cases. It depends how they fit in the slot of the plastic wheel.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks bill I will get sizes for you....
My oh my that is hot glue or use the 3M hot glue gun and that's what fixes everything
OK Floyd I have to take the Overing size because the original one was crushed I just fell apart disintegrated
Thank you so much...
Hey Royce I tried the O-ring mad that it just doesn't work definitely need to have something solid there the O-ring it makes too much noise but again it's fine just the way it is I have the digital tape in there it works beautifully

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
The contact area is less when we put an O ring. That is the down side with O rings. Very hard to flatten one side of the O ring because that ring will turn while sanding it.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
baddboybill said:
When I used an O ring on the mini Sanyo I have I had to put rubber cement on area that tire was riding on to get it too work. ;-)
thanks Bill next time I go in the radio I will definitely try to make that a goal thank you for the 411 your friend Jimmy Mac

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Looking fantastic Jimmy!! Yes these are very nice boomboxes,restoration is stunning!!😎📻🎶🎼

stedly

Member (SA)
Nov 18, 2016
Yes Fantastic work...

These are some shots of work ive been doing on my sz5100sl...

by the way... i signed up on here a few months ago... don't really know anyone on here but i saw a few impressive mod's so thought i'd ad my own also...

Attachments

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
bklyn sound, Fantastic job on the chrome and the paintjob! Also the big dustcaps are a killer touch!

stedly, You should make own thread for the SZ! That looks fantastic! The blue LED seems to bee just a bit too bright, but other than that, very sleek mods! Also it wouldn't hurt to put tint film on the battery screen, would make it look more stealthy!

De0702

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2018
They have shops for detailing cars...this man is detailing boxes and bringing back the bling!