Crown ! Save

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
How I wish I had been there while you were out like a light at the theatre room. :yes:

I would have gotten one of those blow horns that people use during ballgames. PRICELESS!!!!!!

Good luck buddy with the resto and can't wait to see the finish product. :dj-party:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Hey guys thank you for all of the positive comments I love being able to do this for all the world to see ...... I really enjoy collecting radios and taking something that is so beautiful tarnished and making it back into a gem
Here are the pictures of the chrome I'm still going and yes I am going to paint the box perfectly in my spray booth guys please keep the comments coming this is my best restoration ever with all the love and respect Brooklyn sound a.k.a. jimmy mac

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks guys !!!!! Will get to meat and potatoes tommmow face is all done ✅ looks like new will reveal tommmow !!!
Another Brooklyn sound masterpiece !!!!!!!!!! What ever you do it's gotta have rhythm!!

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Good morning to all my friends of Boomboxery I have finally come to the first snag the speakers originally are blown the paper surrounds will crumble in your hand so I have some replacement speakers .... The replacement speakers are from a shop GF 767 Outer woofer they are the same size they are 4 ohm just like the originals but the wattage is rated for more power 10 watts versus 3.5 watts.
I am still trying to keep the look of the original box so I mangled the original speakers and to my surprise the caps came right off so I am going to use some simple Elmers glue to reglue the caps in the center to keep the original look of the radio and I'll report back to you guys later on how they look here is a picture of the new speakers

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Thank you brother s here are all the 767 speakers and I used to Elmer's glue I took out the surrounds and the chrome caps and place them on those speakers now I have to do all the solder work but it's definitely going to be an improvement for this

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Looks awesome man I'm glad you decided to do the speaker upgrade, with a little bit better speakers these radios can sound fantastic . They sound good already.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Thank you 😊 😘😘😘🍀🍀🍀🍀I'm homered to finally have a sticky
I have Redben joe status!!!!!!!!!!!

bklyn sound said:
Thank you 😊 😘😘😘🍀🍀🍀🍀I'm homered to finally have a sticky
I have Redben joe status!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Jimmy, your stickie will be the stickiest out there!

Ps, this better be a good, no great, nah the bestest thread ever. Tons of pics. Description of the polishes/tools you use, and the nitty gritty.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
OK guys, just became a much more important project. I decided to repaint the entire front case to make it perfect. I had to scrape off what I attempted to start, stripped it all down again, and now she's all primed. A beautiful 78° weather outside and I'm gonna start laying Colorado pictures to follow. See you guys in a little bit, trying to make this sticky stick bye-bye

Attachments

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Yeah you know that it's going to awesome like Sterling ,immaculate ,polished and shined. Nothing like my s*** mine are just portable dirt carriers lol.