Crown ! Save

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
To me, this is the quintessential 80's Boombox design :yes: Everything my eyes crave.

baddboybill said:
Congrats bro. Love mine. Have had like 4 of them. Your gonna love it for looks and sound
I always liked that black one you had Bill :yes:
Yeah it was a sweet color

Was that Black Crown a custom paint job? Doesn't Mellymelsr have a Black Crown 950? Or 850?

bklyn sound said:
Hey guys thank you for all of the positive comments I love being able to do this for all the world to see ...... I really enjoy collecting radios and taking something that is so beautiful tarnished and making it back into a gem
Here are the pictures of the chrome I'm still going and yes I am going to paint the box perfectly in my spray booth guys please keep the comments coming this is my best restoration ever with all the love and respect Brooklyn sound a.k.a. jimmy mac
baddboybill said:
Cool what color bro? I used this color on 1 of my 950's a few years ago and she came out purty!!! Cant wait to see it.
IMG_0462.JPG
IMG_2114.JPG
The Crown Jewels!

Fantastic rebuild!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Was that Black Crown a custom paint job? Doesn't Mellymelsr have a Black Crown 950? Or 850?
The only black one I know of that is out there is the one that Melly did. I know BBB had it at one time. I couldn't tell you who has it now.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Good morning Boomboxery I'm trying to juggle 10 things at once as far as restoring his radio too I found the perfect color match using Krylon it's called nickel satin that is the color of the crown which is like a goldish silver color it's coming out phenomenal here is a progress picture for today

Attachments

Styleking

Member (SA)
Mar 16, 2011
Boston, MA.
Looking amazing Jimmy! Can't wait to see the finished result! You're not getting much sleep lately huh? "Posted Today, 05:13 AM" ;-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Fatdog said:
The only black one I know of that is out there is the one that Melly did. I know BBB had it at one time. I couldn't tell you who has it now.
Scott had it as well before me. I believe I sold it to someone on the forum here but cant remember who

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
baddboybill said:
Scott had it as well before me. I believe I sold it to someone on the forum here but cant remember who

These radio's sure do get around!

bklyn sound said:
Good morning Boomboxery I'm trying to juggle 10 things at once as far as restoring his radio too I found the perfect color match using Krylon it's called nickel satin that is the color of the crown which is like a goldish silver color it's coming out phenomenal here is a progress picture for today
This thing looks amazing!

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
You guys are awesome ......... give me a couple of days and I will get into the meat and potatoes 🥔 of my Reston .... I just a little distracted right now because of this

bklyn sound said:
You guys are awesome ......... give me a couple of days and I will get into the meat and potatoes 🥔 of my Reston .... I just a little distracted right now because of this

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
That is what we call black air🇺🇸🇺🇸🏁🏁🍀👑

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
jpetrol251 said:
I have one of those. My gnx is my fav tho
beautiful collection 👍🏻😎😎 today I miss the gn but I love my Vette's ....
The Lamborghini is work for me as for the past 18 years
I'm know in the automotive trade as as a
Surface restoration tech this goes a little bit deeper than just detailing surface restoration
Is it a lot of work to achieve but when the car is done it's finish is like new.....show quality
Is what we're looking for.......😎💯
Ok guys be cool have a great day .... I will be posting more on the crown 👑 today🏁

Attachments

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
OK guys today was the day I got to finish the crown I had some major trouble with the speakers that I decided to put in one was completely dead like an idiot I never checked it I just figured that they would work anyway I was unsuccessful with the tape deck tape deck needs the two tires I try to fabricate them from hose oh rings etc. and I had no luck
But I really don't care I have a cassette that I push play and it has a little SD card in it and it plays beautifully digitally 😎👑so after that to pull the guts out cleaned everything clean the boards shop all the controls with the accident and it sounds absolutely amazing Max had sent me a few years ago some office from Germany and I had the bigger shiny chrome caps so I added those speakers inside at all the connections and Wawa a beautiful restored crown here are the pictures

Finish pics👑👑🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

More pics of the 👑👑🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🔊🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Wola🍀🔊🏁❤️❤️🇮🇹

Attachments

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
The bigger dust caps make it look like a serious contender. I like that the decks still play the MP3 cassette. Good job.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
blu_fuz said:
The bigger dust caps make it look like a serious contender. I like that the decks still play the MP3 cassette. Good job.
thanks brother ...hopefully someone here will have the idler tires for the crown deck!!!!! Then it will be ✈✈Perfecto

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
bklyn sound said:
thanks brother ...hopefully someone here will have the idler tires for the crown deck!!!!! Then it will be ✈✈Perfecto
Great job Jimmy. I can probably help with tires but will have to see them. You can either get some from http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/it.htm

Or can try from hardware store to get package of orings. ;-)