C-100F control panel trim spec

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
caution said:
Yeah you slip it onto the right hinge before you install the door.
When you have time could you post a picture with Tape 1's door open so I can see where the end of the spring slips into the hole? (If it's possible to see from the top view). I would like to take a stab at making this spring. Thanks :-)

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
:w00t: It's the detail that does it for me, the dedication, time, effort & diligence applied to every single aspect of this fantastic work is incredible - you deserve more praise than I could ever impart for all you have done with this project. Awesome, just awesome.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Thanks for the comments. Christine, I really appreciate that, it does take a lot of time to work through, I hope it inspires others here to try. It's like a big puzzle tryiing to finish every piece, you sort of get more motivated as you get more done.

The left side has the same notch under the hinge pin, so in theory you could make a mirrored version of this spring and have on one either side or both sides.

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
I looked around and couldn’t find a post, are there any documented steps to remove the door? Best practices? Do you have to take the whole unit apart to do this? Thanks for all you help.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
dj2fresh said:
I looked around and couldn’t find a post, are there any dicumented steps to remove the door? Best practices? Do you have to take the whole unit apart to do this? Thanks for all you help.
You need to squeeze the "rales" (sides) of the deck door to release the door and open it far enough to release the hinges

dj2fresh

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2018
Can you confirm, does the original spring look more like the one in this photo for the C-100F? I can't remember where I found this pic online but want to make sure I create an exact match.

Attachments