Boombox Museum / work in progress 1

>StereoPhonic<

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Finland
Just great! :-) Keep up!

Museum - I haven't heard of yet.
One of my pals in hobby here in St. Petersburg owns 500+ of bbx stuff, one of the biggest collections in Russia
to my knowledge,
he's been trying to create a museum as well but to no avail so far.
I have heard there are some crazy collectors and huge collections in Russia with stunning variety of really rare boxes. I guess many of them shown in shizaudio.ru. I would certainly visit to see the collection in St. Petersburg when the museum might open doors for the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

>StereoPhonic<

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Finland
What a display! Superb! One tip tho; make sure you have a theme in your collection. Visitors of a museum like to learn something from visiting a museum. A short exhibition will work without a theme, but a long term museum won't. The boxes are beautiful and the display is awesome, but it's lacking a clear story right now imo. I'm working in the museum business.

Thanks for your advice! I totally agree about the theme. We should share ideas when the time is right. I will gladly take advantage of any professional help offered 😊 If it is ok, I will contact you at some point.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
I noticed that naked guy too. For a second I thought to myself, "This guy is taking his love of boomboxes to another level!" But then I realized that it was "Boximedes," the Greek god of Boomboxery. It's good luck to have him present in any boombox collection. In fact, legend says that if you rub his package you will be blessed with an untold amount of grails!!!!
image.jpg

I Feel like this place you are building Stereophonic is the Mekka for any boombox enthusiast.
Got to pay a visit in the future !!
My god i m still dizzy with all those included in just 2- 3 pics and one place.
I m so thrilled for you and please make this business plan soon for opening it to the
general public. :-)
I laugh myself with the Boximedes comment hence the reference.

Mystic Traveller

Member (SA)
Jul 28, 2014
St. Petersburg, Russia - Oxford, GB
>StereoPhonic< said:
I guess many of them shown in shizaudio.ru. I would certainly visit to see the collection in St. Petersburg whenever the museum might open it's doors!
Yes, mate, that's the right website you've mentioned. Of course, you are welcome. :-)
BTW, where in Suomi do you live? I have been there many times.
Cheers!

>StereoPhonic<

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Finland
Mystic Traveller said:
Yes, mate, that's the right website you've mentioned. Of course, you are welcome. :-)
BTW, where in Suomi do you live? I have been there many times.
Cheers!
I live in southern Finland :-)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
I've seen your collection in pictures before but it really got a lot bigger since then!
Amazing work on getting all of those together and I love the way you display them, very classy!

Are those standard IKEA shelves or custom ones? Looks like a good alternative if you can't mount any shelves to the wall...

I'd love to see that collection in person some day! :)

>StereoPhonic<

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Finland
mmcodomino said:
I've seen your collection in pictures before but it really got a lot bigger since then!
Amazing work on getting all of those together and I love the way you display them, very classy!

Are those standard IKEA shelves or custom ones? Looks like a good alternative if you can't mount any shelves to the wall...

I'd love to see that collection in person some day! :)
Thanks Max :) You are welcome to visit whenever you make a trip to Finland. And you are right, there has been some new acquires during this winter which were not present in previous pics :-)

Yes, the shelves are customized IKEA's "Expedit" shelves. Painted in light grey and 8 plates left off when assembled. All mid-size boxes fit in nicely except Telefunken RR1140 and Silver ST-858 which can be barely fit in. But a bit bigger scale mid-size boxes that will not fit are e.g. Crown CSC-980, Rising SCR-2005/2015. These cheap Ikea shelves work nicely as a display set used both against a wall and standing free.