Bad Boy Bill Productions Presents New I931BTQ w. EQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Right on man...thanks for the review.

Seems like there are A LOT of highs....I'm sure if you mess with all the settings, you'll pull the right mix out of it....seems like there are a lot more control over it.

I think it looks like Darth Vader's Blaster! :thumbsup: :ls-duel:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Right on man...thanks for the review.

Seems like there are A LOT of highs....I'm sure if you mess with all the settings, you'll pull the right mix out of it....seems like there are a lot more control over it.

I think it looks like Darth Vader's Blaster! :thumbsup: :ls-duel:
Chris for some reason when I did video I used my sons Samsung Phone for music. With my IPhone the sound is more equal to bass and highs. Don't forget there is also adjustments on the devise/Phone you use to compensate!!!

All in all I highly recommend this in everyone's collection!!!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Max - cost will kill that LCD screen design you like. Then no one will buy it because it will be $200+ :thumbsdown:

This blacked out BT i931 looks like the new little brother to the classic TRC-951! :breakdance: :yes:

gsbadbmr

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2010
Boombox Museum
Great review Bill :thumbsup:

I love Lasonics, and the i931's are great. I would love to see your new lasonic, with the white woofers/chrome dust caps, along with the chrome trims from the original i931...i think it will look great :-D . I guess i'll have to order one of these soon now :breakdance:

***I still think the i931's should have 2 antennas, would look so much nicer IMO :-)

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Super review :thumbsup: . Thanks Bill. Love the black matte and blue combo. The black woofer caps are damn good idea too. Personally i would like to have a blue display too. Will be meaner that way. And Bill one question. Is this multivoltage or just 110?
Thanks

highpockets

Member (SA)
Aug 7, 2012
United States
I am new to the site and do not have enough post to view the for sale section. Are there broken i931's or i931 chrome parts for sale most of the time or will it be hard to find them?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
stormsven said:
Super review :thumbsup: . Thanks Bill. Love the black matte and blue combo. The black woofer caps are damn good idea too. Personally i would like to have a blue display too. Will be meaner that way. And Bill one question. Is this multivoltage or just 110?
Thanks
Here in US it's just the 110v but I'm sure they will have the 220v model for other countries.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
highpockets said:
I am new to the site and do not have enough post to view the for sale section. Are there broken i931's or i931 chrome parts for sale most of the time or will it be hard to find them?
Not usually any used parts for these but I'm sure Lasonic has left over parts but will be expensive.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
mmcodomino said:
I mean, what would be so hard about doing this?

[ Image ]

I would definitely buy that! :yes:
Max, That radio does in fact exist :w00t: While at the Lasonic factory, in their meeting room there is a collection of prototype radio's, in this group picture is an i931 with a video screen in the iPod dock area. Sorry I did not take a picture of it. There was also an i931 with a CD player in the face. I did ask about the one with the screen and they brushed it off as a one of a kind and that it was not cost effective to build.

baddboybill said:
Chris for some reason when I did video I used my sons Samsung Phone for music. With my IPhone the sound is more equal to bass and highs. Don't forget there is also adjustments on the devise/Phone you use to compensate!!!

All in all I highly recommend this in everyone's collection!!!
I would be interested to see a comparo between old and new using the SD card slot on both radios. That way you eliminate the eq settings on the different mp3 players. :hmmm:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Another thing to point out is....For the few that have a TRC-951 which are the only Lasonic's with black 8 inch speakers with black dust covers can now buy replacement speakers! :thumbsup: :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
gsbadbmr said:
Great review Bill :thumbsup:

I love Lasonics, and the i931's are great. I would love to see your new lasonic, with the white woofers/chrome dust caps, along with the chrome trims from the original i931...i think it will look great :-D . I guess i'll have to order one of these soon now :breakdance:

***I still think the i931's should have 2 antennas, would look so much nicer IMO :-)
Thanks Gordie!!! And I agree on all parts, especially the dual antennas...

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for taking the time to make the high quality video. The comparison of features with the previous versions was interesting too. The stealth looks modern for the Gen Ys out there. For us Gen Xs, sticking with chrome seems the only way to go!

Must be like going back in time pulling a brand new boomer from the box!! :thumbsup:

James.... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.