Any JVC / Victor RC M90's up for sale lately??

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
Well I might go to Baltimore to visit my good friend old school Scott who lives there. It helps knowing somebody who is from there but don't take your ass down there at night and keep the windows rolled up.
Yeah, that's what it looks like from seeing it on the news.
That's pretty sad.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Well I might go to Baltimore to visit my good friend old school Scott who lives there. It helps knowing somebody who is from there but don't take your ass down there at night and keep the windows rolled up.
In California, they teach you to clear your vehicle of personal stuff and keep windows down, that way thieves can rummage and not break your windows.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
In California, they teach you to clear your vehicle of personal stuff and keep windows down, that way thieves can rummage and not break your windows.
I never leave anything in plain sight.
I've never been to California but it seems like the normal citizen has to bend over and take it up the @** there.

Last edited:

Superduper

Member (SA)
I never leave anything in plain sight.
I've never been to California but it seems like the normal citizen has to bend over and take it up the @** there.
Not just CA, plenty of places getting really bad now. It's like the new normal, been brewing for awhile. It's so incredulous the crap we are expected to live with that it's almost like an unbelievable movie script. But it's not, it's real life and in most cases, the local electorate voted for it.

Reactions: Tinman

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
To put it mildly these m************ will Jack your ass in broad daylight in front of witnesses and not give a f***. The reason why I say leave the windows up and keep the doors locked because nine times out of 10 they'll stick a gun through the window or just open the door while you're stopped .

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
To put it mildly these m************ will Jack your ass in broad daylight in front of witnesses and not give a f***. The reason why I say leave the windows up and keep the doors locked because nine times out of 10 they'll stick a gun through the window or just open the door while you're stopped .
sorry to say but these people should have been assassinated at birth lad, don't believe in guns or knives....what has this world come to brother......i will be glad when I'm gone and i am quite serious about that

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
So going back to the topic at hand.... yeah, it seems cheep M90's aren't really available after all then. I wonder how many people sent family & friends payments to "hold" this boombox, and how many people are willing to chance navigating through the streets of IL to pick this thing up.
Thankfully, my purchase was through a respectable member here. The purchasing term was for full amount paid with friends and family on PayPal. I talked with the gentleman on the phone. He was a really cool guy. He seemed to trust I would take good care of his M90. It required a leap of faith on my part with trust in him to "Do the right thing" pun intended....and he certainly came through with all issues disclosed.

Then, just as I was looking for parts to fix its issue, another member came through with just what I needed. She's now singing perfectly.

But I say it all the time. I couldn't afford to have my top tier models in this hobby if I wasn't able to purchase boxes that are in need of repair and then fix them. Now that prices have gone to 1,500 on these BROKEN, I wouldn't ever have one either. I think I caught one of the last decent deals before the money train rolled in.

Reactions: Radio raheem

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
I couldn't afford to have my top tier models in this hobby if I wasn't able to purchase boxes that are in need of repair and then fix them. Now that prices have gone to 1,500 on these BROKEN, I wouldn't ever have one either.
I agree with this.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I agree with this.
i also agree i mean who is gunna pay 4 grand for a box only a millionaire, all of my high end stuff is bought for quarter the price not just boomboxes.....my pioneer sa 9800 was 700 and the going rate for one of them is 2 to 3 grand. that is just one item i have....the m90 i have cost 500 and took 3 years work, most people have no choice but to do this

Kratos28451

Feb 6, 2024
Leland nc
Just a feeler out there for any RC M90's. Doesn't have to be working or perfect by any means, just looking to have one and experience it. Have boxes I can trade also if you're into that? I'm happy with a Victor model also as I like the Japanese versions of boomboxes.

Feel free to message!
THANK YOU!

(And yes I have searched ebay & buyee japan as well as having saved searches there as well)
I have one . Last time I checked on it I played music on it and it worked in mono. Stereo only played one speaker. I guy I talked to said it need graphite so the switches would work properly. I just found out it's worth a decent amount of money. It belonged to my grandfather. It used to hang in his shop. I'm willing to make a deal. Are interested