Any JVC / Victor RC M90's up for sale lately??

ScottSpeed

Nov 21, 2022
West Plains
Just a feeler out there for any RC M90's. Doesn't have to be working or perfect by any means, just looking to have one and experience it. Have boxes I can trade also if you're into that? I'm happy with a Victor model also as I like the Japanese versions of boomboxes.

Feel free to message!
THANK YOU!

(And yes I have searched ebay & buyee japan as well as having saved searches there as well)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
nutters it's just a boombox for christ sake all be it a good one.....i remember when i couldn't even sell a good one for 250,,,,,,,just insanity imho

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i should know better than to get involved in these threads but the thought of someone charging 4 grand for any boombox is quite bizarre imho, i mean these are not even rare and these prices spoil it for everyone imho

Tinman do you have an m90 sunshine.....if it was brand new built to the same quality as it was back then and not 40 years old and about to break maybe i could understand it

Last edited:

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
i should know better than to get involved in these threads but the thought of someone charging 4 grand for any boombox is quite bizarre imho, i mean these are not even rare and these prices spoil it for everyone imho

Tinman do you have an m90 sunshine.....if it was brand new built to the same quality as it was back then and not 40 years old and about to break maybe i could understand it
I have a couple.
I'm saving them for my retirement.
I figure they should be going for six figures by then, lol.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I have a couple.
I'm saving them for my retirement.
I figure they should be going for six figures by then, lol.
glad you have them, one of the lucky ones..........i hope you had them before all of this madness lol

ScottSpeed

Nov 21, 2022
West Plains
Thanks for all the replies folks! Yeah this thread was basically just meant as a feeler for ones that folks weren't necessarily trying to get top dollar for. I don't see the justification in buying one for even a $1,000 but I know that's just me. Some folks probably see it differently but I just want one to experience it and make the judgment myself if it is indeed worth everything everyone says about it.

Who knows, maybe after I listen to one I'll think there worth every cent folks are asking. Or the other way around too but I'd like to see myself.

Thanks everyone!!

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
The M90 will always have more sentimental value than monetary value because in my wildest dreams back then I never thought or imagined I would ever own one of these boomboxes and when I had the chance I spent every penny of my first paycheck for a down payment on one of these boomboxes and when I got it I was about the proudest person that ever walked the earth. Where I grew up you just didn't see m90s everyday or ever for that matter so it was really special. The closest you might come is looking at a record cover like me from that moment forward I had to have it. Like this kind of Boombox you had to get a job to buy one and spend every penny of your paycheck to pay for it.

Last edited:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
The M90 will always have more sentimental value than monetary value because in my wildest dreams back then I never thought or imagined I would ever own one of these boomboxes and when I had the chance I spent every penny of my first paycheck for a down payment on one of these boomboxes and when I got it I was about the proudest person that ever walked the earth. Where I grew up you just didn't see m90s everyday or ever for that matter so it was really special. The closest you might come is looking at a record cover like me from that moment forward I had to have it. Like this kind of Boombox you had to get a job to buy one and spend every penny of your paycheck to pay for it.
Well said Floyd!
There is nothing out there like an M90. The clarity, power, beautiful craftsmanship and the punch it gives is simply outstanding. It is so hard to keep your eyes away from this beast!

Reactions: floyd and Brutus442

Superduper

Member (SA)
.........Yeah this thread was basically just meant as a feeler for ones that folks weren't necessarily trying to get top dollar for. I don't see the justification in buying one for even a $1,000 but I know that's just me.........
Well, if you are trying to sneak a boombox for less than what it's worth, you are looking in the wrong place. Take my word for it, everyone here knows what an M90 is worth, and while some may be willing to take a small hit to sell to a fellow boomboxery member or friend, no one is giving one away for 1/3 or 1/4th of what it's worth. Most folks by now consider these as a form of investment and have a lot of money tied up in their collection. There are a few members here who are very well off, but most are regular working folk, and could certainly use the full, or near full value, of what their investment is worth. You can't even find deals at goodwill or pawn shops anymore, as they all learned to search the internet for value before posting stuff for sale. Your best bet is to do the work and take the time to work the flea markets and garage sales. Maybe you'll luck out, but honestly, the days of finding these for $200 are pretty much over. If you really want to listen and try one bad enough, you'll have to fork it out, or find a total trasher for under $1,000.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
Well said Floyd!
There is nothing out there like an M90. The clarity, power, beautiful craftsmanship and the punch it gives is simply outstanding. It is so hard to keep your eyes away from this beast!
The only way I was able to make the rest of the money fast enough to buy them 90 somebody offered me to buy my Honda xl75 dirt bike which I never thought about selling until he offered me the money and I thought about the M90 and I went back and forth about 20 times until I decided I wanted to have m90 and I sold at the dirt bike which gave me enough money to go pick up the boombox.
Trust me I forgot about that dirt bike real quick when I got that m90 I was happier than hell.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
i have been offered good money for my m90 trouble is you can't buy sentimentality lads as this one took years to do

also if she went there would be no more m90s for me as i wont pay the going rate so it looks like she is a keeper for sure lads

i wish to thank those who told me to keep her when i was selling a few years ago....rock on lads

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
i have been offered good money for my m90 trouble is you can't buy sentimentality lads as this one took years to do

also if she went there would be no more m90s for me as i wont pay the going rate so it looks like she is a keeper for sure lads

i wish to thank those who told me to keep her when i was selling a few years ago....rock on lads
I sold my second m90 to help a friend pay their bills . not only that my immaculate j1 super jumbo.
My only regret was the person I did this for didn't understand what I have I gave up to help them

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I sold my second m90 to help a friend pay their bills . not only that my immaculate j1 super jumbo.
My only regret was the person I did this for didn't understand what I have I gave up to help them
i have given loads away over the years lad as you know.......if I'm honest it doesn't get you anywhere, there will always be scroungers and the things we do are soon forgotten about brother

Reactions: floyd

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
That m 90 came all the way from Puerto Rico for less than $300 with shipping back with then before the world lost their m************ mind.
I remember people making jokes how an M70 wasn't even $150 bucks . Somebody's laughing now.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
just the guy downstairs must have had 15 grand off me over the last 5 years to keep him alive lad...meanwhile im basically a cripple now and find it hard just to go and make coffee has he been up to help in the last week to help like fook lad

Reactions: floyd

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
That m 90 came all the way from Puerto Rico for less than $300 with shipping back with then before the world lost their m************ mind.
I remember people making jokes how an M70 wasn't even $150 bucks . Somebody's laughing now.
i still don't think they are worth 150 lad how to kill the love of music use an m70 lol

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
just the guy downstairs must have had 15 grand off me over the last 5 years to keep him alive lad...meanwhile im basically a cripple now and find it hard just to go and make coffee has he been up to help in the last week to help like fook lad
Well at least you cared enough to do something that goes a long way.

Reactions: Radio raheem