Any JVC / Victor RC M90's up for sale lately??

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
i still don't think they are worth 150 lad how to kill the love of music use an m70 lol
It was old Autobot that sold me that M90 there's a couple of different members named Autobot this and that but that was the original Autobot from Puerto Rico a good guy. My super jumbo came from another Autobot I think it was autobot 1984 another great guy.

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
It was old Autobot that sold me that M90 there's a couple of different members named Autobot this and that but that was the original Autobot from Puerto Rico a good guy. My super jumbo came from another Autobot I think it was autobot 1984 another great guy.
had must be a dozen m90;s lad never made a penny from them i must be a total spastic lol yup all were 250 apart from the last 3/ now i don't bother looking for them

Reactions: floyd

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
What I never understood was the members here who are so lucky to hoard a number of M90's you know they found cheap but never want to deal fairly with the rest of us children who just want 1 at a fair price. I never understood that mentality & definitely have no respect for members who flaunt it for their egos...

$12-1500 for a fully working good shape M90 is fair but at the top end. Any more than that & you can go F*&K your hat. That's just plain greed.

Tinman

Member (SA)
Mar 4, 2019
USA
An m90 just sold today on ebay for 1500.
People are listing M70s for 1200+.

A Lasonic trc-920 sold earlier today for 1025 but is relisted at 97.
There were 5 bidders and 48 bids so not sure what happened there.

Reactions: BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
That Lasonic TRC-920 was with the original box. It will have a high reserve.

Buyers who really want one will not care much about the price.
I've done some crazy moves like that in the past. No regrets.
After a month or so the most wanted and treasured item will become another piece in the collection.
Having cars is also like that. After driving it for a while that also become another car and one loses the big fun.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
done some checking and 1500 is worth about 400 in the 1980s so maybe a good m90 is worth 1500 i just cant get used to the fact that money is worth nothing now so yea unusual for me i would want the same 1500 bottom line because money is really worth nothing anymore....as for people asking 4 grand for boxes i have no time for those

i mean you could pay 4 grand for a box it blows up in 2 weeks, then what

Last edited:

Superduper

Member (SA)
done some checking and 1500 is worth about 400 in the 1980s so maybe a good m90 is worth 1500 i just cant get used to the fact that money is worth nothing now so yea unusual for me i would want the same 1500 bottom line because money is really worth nothing anymore....as for people asking 4 grand for boxes i have no time for those

i mean you could pay 4 grand for a box it blows up in 2 weeks, then what
Don’t play with Ferraris if you got Corolla budget.

floyd

Member (SA)
Jan 9, 2022
Maryland usa
I can think of at least 10 other boomboxes that command at least as much money as an M90. Mind you they might have to be boxed in mint condition to even compete price-wise but they do exist. Even me I couldn't see paying those high ass prices for boombox because I'm used to getting these boomboxes for several hundred dollars not several thousand.
The only reason I owned two m90s because the prices were reasonable and I love the Boombox I fell in love with it from first sight.