Xiaosan777

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
I dont know much. Sent 777 just one time. It was pain to find a good box but i made it with a huge box from active speakers. The whole parcel turned to Docs in damn bad beaten shape. It was open at the customs in England and filled with old papers and so. The outer box was so badly bumped that i try to imagine how Docs heart just skipped. But damn the layers of bubble saved the boomer. I think just the function button was slightly broken. The only thing which is workin for any boomer in m opinion is a lot of layers of bubble. My way now - the layers of bubble (and i mean the big heavy duty bubble) are half of the count of the kilos. For example - 10 kilos = 5 layers . It works perfectly. Most of the shiping companies have a standard - any parcel must survive a drop from a meter. I ve made a try with a cheapo boomer - layers of bubble + heavy duty carton box and boomers fitted not moving inside.... Dropped the whole package from the table - nothing happened. Just small dents on the carton. It looks that the bubble protect and the outside of the package. Not a big deal and hard to make. Sort of costly for the damn expansive bubble wrap lately :thumbsdown: , but totally close to safe for normal drops..... And a good heavy dudty carton box is around 5 euro + around 5-7 euro for the bubble - its not so big deal to save the boomer.
Personally i would never try mu luck whit china seller. Too much hassle :thumbsdown:

pancitboy

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2012
san francisco, CA., USA
TO: baddboybill

I paid $624 which includes shipping. The 12 inch crack is very disappointing. Can anyone give me a suggestion on gluing this back together. I opened the box and found the radio tuning dial counter weight came out of its casing and the radio tuning cable came unwound. Does anyone know how much work it would take to repair this damage and the other functions I described in my pervious post? Thank you

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I can fix that rear case for you ;-) .

Do you want to ship the back case to Wisconsin?

pancitboy

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2012
san francisco, CA., USA
SuperDuper wrote:
We keep revisiting this issue and people STILL keep buying from China even with all the caveats. The big risk here is that IF there is a problem, you need to return the item at YOUR expense. To me, that is a deal breaker since we aren't talking small chump change. Sure the guy has decent feedback but in my opinion, it in no way reflects the actual experience you will receive since most folks don't file negative feedbacks after they get a partial refund. To me, a partial refund is useless if I was expecting a nice minty unit and it comes with cracks all up and down the front/back. Even if repaired, it will still be a repaired broken unit and so no matter what the refund is, invest the time and effort and even if you come out even $$ wise after all that, you still have a repaired boombox which is not the same as a virgin original one.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm new to collecting and I wasn't aware of the big gamble associated with buying from China until now. Never again! Thanks!

pancitboy

Member (SA)
Sep 14, 2012
san francisco, CA., USA
blu_fuz wrote:
I can fix that rear case for you .

I'm trying to work with the seller on a resolution. If I need to get it repaired, I'll consider your offer. How much you would charge to fix this? Also, while you're at it, would you be able to repair the damaged radio dial issue?

Thanks,
Pancitboy

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I will fix the rear case for free, you just ship it to me and pay to ship it back :yes: .

I can't help with the tuner sorry.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
pancitboy said:
blu_fuz wrote:
I can fix that rear case for you .

I'm trying to work with the seller on a resolution. If I need to get it repaired, I'll consider your offer. How much you would charge to fix this? Also, while you're at it, would you be able to repair the damaged radio dial issue?

Thanks,
Pancitboy
If you can take full frame out with boards and decks and ship to me I can probably repair it.

Bad Boy Bill

mindstate612

Member (SA)
Feb 26, 2011
Minneapolis
So I did it.... after all the research and all the reading, I decided to roll the dice on China with Ebay seller xiaosan777. Shipping was free and I knew I was going to have to be patient with delivery arrival. Well now I'm starting to lose my patience, especially since there are no tracking records as of day one when I ordered it back on December 20th, and supposedly shipped December 30th. I'm aware that since the shipping was free, it's probably on a shipping barge in a huge container with the words "CHINA SHIPPING". ESTIMATED DELIVERY was supposed to be January 29th 2013. So now came the time to start contacting the shipper xiaoson777.

Heres how the conversation went down. I tried loading the screen shots from my ipad, but couldn't get them to load.

Dear xiaosan777168,

I'm wondering why I cannot track this package when the delivery date was supposed to be the 29th of January? Please respond

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Hello,Sir Irineo xxxxxx
My friend,
Sorry,no need concerned.
for time so long to wait,
I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
isnt my problems ,JB country CHINA POST problems!
I go to the post office inquiry ,
Thanks for mutual understanding!
Sorry again!
email keep in touch.
Best regards.
Thanks.

Dear xiaosan777168,

I still have not received package. I still can not track package.

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Hello,Sir Irineo xxxxxxx
My friend,
inquiry need time,
Sorry,no need concerned.
if item postal loss, send CONION126 again,
email keep in touch.
Best regards.
Thanks.

Dear xiaosan777168,

What does "JB" mean?

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Penis haha!

Dear xiaosan777168,

So how long do I wait before I ask for my money back?

- chinomunster

The replies to that conversation happened very quick. I was quite surprised by the "penis" response. I know that between languages, it's easy to get lost in translation. I actually got a laugh out of it , but damn. I almost felt like he just FU'd me. I have not heard back from him in at least a week. Any feed back besides how buying from China is a huge risk? NO INSULTS PLEASE. I knew what I was getting myself into, just was feeling lucky for some reason and wanted to find out for myself. Thank you guys for you time.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
mindstate612 said:
So I did it.... after all the research and all the reading, I decided to roll the dice on China with Ebay seller xiaosan777. Shipping was free and I knew I was going to have to be patient with delivery arrival. Well now I'm starting to lose my patience, especially since there are no tracking records as of day one when I ordered it back on December 20th, and supposedly shipped December 30th. I'm aware that since the shipping was free, it's probably on a shipping barge in a huge container with the words "CHINA SHIPPING". ESTIMATED DELIVERY was supposed to be January 29th 2013. So now came the time to start contacting the shipper xiaoson777.

Heres how the conversation went down. I tried loading the screen shots from my ipad, but couldn't get them to load.

Dear xiaosan777168,

I'm wondering why I cannot track this package when the delivery date was supposed to be the 29th of January? Please respond

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Hello,Sir Irineo xxxxxx
My friend,
Sorry,no need concerned.
I go to the post office inquiry ,
Sorry again!
email keep in touch.
Best regards.
Thanks.

Dear xiaosan777168,

I still have not received package. I still can not track package.

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Hello,Sir Irineo xxxxxxx
My friend,
inquiry need time,
Sorry,no need concerned.
if item postal loss, send CONION126 again,
email keep in touch.
Best regards.
Thanks.

Dear xiaosan777168,

What does "JB" mean?

- chinomunster

Dear chinomunster,

Penis haha!

Dear xiaosan777168,

So how long do I wait before I ask for my money back?

- chinomunster

The replies to that conversation happened very quick. I was quite surprised by the "penis" response. I know that between languages, it's easy to get lost in translation. I actually got a laugh out of it , but damn. I almost felt like he just FU'd me. I have not heard back from him in at least a week. Any feed back besides how buying from China is a huge risk? NO INSULTS PLEASE. I knew what I was getting myself into, just was feeling lucky for some reason and wanted to find out for myself. Thank you guys for you time.
Your better off not getting it and getting your money back :yes:

Bad Boy Bill

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
Just a warning, don't expect anything to get done around this time because it's Chinese New Year. The country pretty much shuts down as everyone heads home for the holiday.

This doesn't explain why you haven't received the box yet, I'm just saying that it will probably be difficult to get ahold of the seller for awhile and he will have a hard time getting ahold of anyone at China Post.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I guess he has decided to ship via boat now, unlike a few years ago when I got mine in only 1 week because it was shipped via air.

I think it's funny how he says the same things in all his auctions, like "It is becoming very hard to find these in this condition" (even though he sells at least a couple 777's every month)..........................or "Speakers sound works great" (what does that mean?)

Sazeus

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Just make sure you file a PayPal dispute before the 45 (or whatever it is) days are up or you could get nothing. I reckon it'll still show up sometime, but who knows what condition it'll be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.