The Newest "Sledgehammer" In Tha' BASSment

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Freddie have you ever considered putting some APM woofers in that panny?.
I know exactly what speakers that panny uses and you would have to be Merlin conjurer up an original set.

I think I looks awesome the way it .

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Ahhh....Ok. now it's making more sense to my roadie brain...36w x2 5% THD @ 1KHZ so yeah my RX-A5 would give it a good competition due to efficiency with 8 4.5" woofers.... I knew there was no way that thing was putting out 250w on 10 D Cells...not possible but I'm sure it's still a heavy hitter at 36 a side...

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
These are mighty rare, and must weigh a ton!

Love those 4-way speakers, with two tweeters that point in different directions

2x36W at 1 kHz at 5% THD...……...Hmm, the Telefunken puts out 2x30 at 1 kHz at only 0.5% THD.....and it would make more if they tested at 5% THD instead of 0.5%

Problem with the Telefunken is, the speakers crap out early. :lol: It's an indoor box only. It DOES fill a room with bass, starting at very low volumes......But it cant handle much volume......In fact I wouldn't doubt if Teleunken was using different speakers when they calculated those power figures. It's not like the government forces companies to provide honest measurements. Witness today's bullcrap home theatre receivers saying 500-2,000 watts. Yeah right. :lol: An old monster receiver from the 70's would smoke them.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
There is only one box i know that will smoke this, the sony fh909 but im not sure if it counts as it's mains only, as i said before always wanted one fred and the 550, i have 4 cw 200 and 4 cw55 both with AFD speakers....hell the sony fh909 is prolly as loud as the bumpbox and if it isn't who cares lol

PostEnder

Member (SA)
Nov 21, 2012
Southeastern U.S.A.
The last reply to (or in) this thread was close to two months ago, but maybe I can state here that I seem to remember seeing a National RX-XE520 on eBay. (In fact, a check minutes ago of my records show that, yes, an 'XE520 was listed on eBay as of May 2018. It was offered for $300.00 from Delray Beach, Florida. It came with the caution: "TAPE WORKS SLOW.") Was it this handsome hulk that moderator oldskool69 scored on "the 'Bay"? Can’t definitely say "yep." (You know, I may have found the massive National linking from an eBay listing for an FH-series Sony.) (Shrug)

Alas, my non-repairer limitations daunted me.

And I had already set eyes on another stablemate of the same company (a Panasonic RX-DT75, from Russia with remote).

And, maybe most of all, worry about so big a sound system overwhelming my modest-sized bedroom -- already dealing with two magazine piles, other boomboxes, a big lidded storage tub and several cartons of odds and ends -- kept me from sending the seller payment while enthusing: "Send that National right on here!"

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
that is a great find. I didnt know that this existed. I am usually not a fan of the 3 piece but gawd this is nice and BIG most sound great