THE GREAT BASS/OFF! THE DEFINITIVE BASS BOOMBOX REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
For me it's all about the look.....so I would buy the Pioneer. All the others look like ass IMHO.

digital_critic

Member (SA)
Apr 4, 2017
Bucharest
I apologize for reviving an old post, but since I have bought the sharp there have been 2 bloody years of frustration.. has anyone here made the AUX input sound as good as CD/USB/IPOD quality? As in, the people down at Sharp factory DELIBERATELY limited the power for the Sharp Boombox. Why? I have tried BT adapters to 30 pin, 30 pin cables to jack, and all sorts of things... anyone got an idea whether is there a solution for this? I hate being bound to an ipod that I continously need to sync or reach to. Or should I try adding an aux cable inside the boombox, as in, solder to the cd player?

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I think someone manufactures a battery-powered signal booster that you can attach to your music player.

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
If you connect AUX IN to the CD player audio channel, you might have to do some compensation to adjust for differences in line levels/impedances, which I'm not a pro at but others here would be able to answer more comprehensively.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Curious to know how the Bumpboxx would compare. While playing inside my house in the living room you can go outside and my house windows are buzzing...lol

hardmen

Member (SA)
Jul 20, 2010
Brazil
www.instagram.com
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
I bet hardmen's diy boxes would smoke the Bumpboxx. :-)
Maybe not more louder, but same sound class (and in Stereo) I could try (and many members here could as well).

I'm very curious about Bumpboxx, but the shipping price, costs a used car to me...

So, I follow my path, building boxes from scrap, and belive me, they sound WAY GOOD as some of my classic 80s ones...

If I snag a Bumpboxx one day, I turn the looks of them to a level that peoples never seen or imagine before...

Cheers...

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
hardmen said:
Maybe not more louder, but same sound class (and in Stereo) I could try (and many members here could as well).

I'm very curious about Bumpboxx, but the shipping price, costs a used car to me...

So, I follow my path, building boxes from scrap, and belive me, they sound WAY GOOD as some of my classic 80s ones...

If I snag a Bumpboxx one day, I turn the looks of them to a level that peoples never seen or imagine before...

Cheers...
------------------------------
yup bet YOU could make one look just right

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
It would honestly be hard to outright smoke a Bumpboxx. I'm sure there are louder DIY boxes out there somewhere with 12's or 15's and a massive amplifier. The Bumpboxx was engineered for outdoor use and it is extremely loud and the sound travels very far. The bass kick is insane. The only box in my collection that never leaves me wanting more volume or bass...it has plenty of both.

og008

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2017
mellymelsr said:
It would honestly be hard to outright smoke a Bumpboxx. I'm sure there are louder DIY boxes out there somewhere with 12's or 15's and a massive amplifier. The Bumpboxx was engineered for outdoor use and it is extremely loud and the sound travels very far. The bass kick is insane. The only box in my collection that never leaves me wanting more volume or bass...it has plenty of both.
I was wondering if you can explain the bass sound you get. I recieved mine Bumpboxx yeasterday. The LED's did not work and it had no bass sound. Am I wrong for expecting the deep bass sound of a cabin of a car out of my Bumpboxx? Or is mine defective. My BBox only sounds like the bass of an ordinary bluetooth box? Please help.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
og008 said:
I was wondering if you can explain the bass sound you get. I recieved mine Bumpboxx yeasterday. The LED's did not work and it had no bass sound. Am I wrong for expecting the deep bass sound of a cabin of a car out of my Bumpboxx? Or is mine defective. My BBox only sounds like the bass of an ordinary bluetooth box? Please help.

I think the fact that your LED display isn't working is a definate sign you have a problem. The display intensitity is controlled by the volume level so if you are getting weak bass output and no LED activity, then an amp issue is likely.

This is a known issue with the BumpBoxx amps so it's time to make a claim.

James.... :-)

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
There's 2 different volume controls -- The remote, and the knob on the side of the boombox. You need to get the right blend between the two, or your volume will be too low. Someone will post how to do it.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
There are 2 volume controls on the Bumpboxx. The main digital volume control has a max of 30 and can only be adjusted with the remote. Then there is the knob volume control. These work independent of one another. For best volume results use the remote and place digital volume to 30, then turn the volume knob up and the bass will be plentiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.