Croatia
Finally a sunny day!

Here is how the TRC760 looked before:

And now:

TFK_RC760_Blue_white_scheme1.jpg

TFK_RC760_Blue_white_scheme2.jpg
TFK_RC760_Blue_white_scheme3.jpg
TFK_RC760_Blue_white_scheme4.jpg
Many thanx go to Reli and BoomboxLover48 for pointing out that blue is such a nice color...

The list of modifications is rather modest:
- new 12V PSU, plus 5V DC-DC down converter for
- Bluetooth module (2.1)
- PAM8610 Power amp
- New DC filtration capacitors (Low ESR)
- Re-belted, switches and pots cleaned,
- new speakers (4 ohm, 20W, Pioneer car speakers, as show on replay #16)
- Blue painted grills,
- White painted case

What someone might also add/mod:
- Li-ion batteries, with charger and conditioner
- MP3 module with USB/SD reader and remote control
- better FM receiver (DAB perhaps?)
- LED VU meter?

Still missing:
- antenna

Yes, I know, the spraying could be better. This was my first time with spray can, sorry.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Wow, looks amazing!!! I like this colors. :-)
I check this topic from time to time to see future mods... :yes:

HRmeteohub

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Dbzerk said:
Love reading your build! Excellent end result..
How much of an improvement were the pioneer speakers over the stock ones?
I have tried several speakers and they all were better than originals, but Pioneer car speakers were so much better than anything else. The Pioneers have some bass, good middle and crisp trebles. They are old and not pair, but so worth it.

To be clear, the original 760 is such a feeble box, with so bad sound that anything is an improvment. Basically if you turned volume over 1/4 the sound will be distorted. That's why I went into this project, I could only improve it, and to learn some stuff.

Again, thanx to Reli and BoomboxLover48 for pointing out that blue/white is such a nice color for this box. I do believe that original white scheme is better than black/gray.
Also, it is better than white/gray scheme:

Beware, spray painting is hard, and white is harder.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
It reminds me of r2 d2 but that's awesome . that's a great color combo because that box looks boring but now I can see the angles on the front and the like the shape of the angles at the top .it looks great!.

Yeah old pioneer car speakers kick ass I know I had many and sometimes they sounded so good it just left you dumbfounded

Beast From The East

Member (SA)
Feb 8, 2017
Athens Greece
JVC Floyd said:
It reminds me of r2 d2 but that's awesome . that's a great color combo because that box looks boring but now I can see the angles on the front and the like the shape of the angles at the top .it looks great!.

Yeah old pioneer car speakers kick ass I know I had many and sometimes they sounded so good it just left you dumbfounded
Gotta back up this!The box looked boring enough at least now it got some character!

Status
Not open for further replies.