Taira RC-M90 Dreamblaster Photoshoot!

dartbarlow

Member (SA)
Apr 6, 2010
Wow maaaaan
that is really awsome Totally ....
Looks like a special edition like a factory (only better) job :)

Here is the question....haha...
wonder what in the world you play on that ! ??
! Welcome to the Machine !

Z

dartbarlow

Member (SA)
Apr 6, 2010
Gluecifer said:
Thanks guys!

Dartbarlow: I listen to a lot of dreamwave/nu-disco, which is essentally new music that tries to sound like it's 1984.

Here's a good sampling from this week's mixtape I made:

http://soundcloud.com/rick-shithouse/sy ... -8-11-side

I find this stuff works exceptionally well on all my radios, but especially the Taira!

Rock On.
okay cool ...i get it ....at first i was thinking some Pink Floyd "welcome to the machine'....
maybe checkout >>> Ultravox ....song >>>"sleepwalk" which IS that 80's nu-wave .

i recently saw the movie Collateral in which i heard a soundtack...and had to run to my
guitar to play it ....lol...i like the melody lines....

then seached a bit and found it on the uTube >>> "Ready Steady Go" (Korean Style) by Paul Oakenfold
great track !

BOOMIN' AND BLAMIN' BOOMBOXES FOREVER !
~Z~

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009
I am not for painting any box that could be saved and cleaned but you had no choice with that box before hand so I give mad props dude !!! You saved her !!!! She would have been gutted and her body discarded !!! Very nice work ! I got one that was painted a long time ago and it doesn't look any good compared to yours

Nice dude

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Thanks Kaboomer!

It'd have to be a LOT of money for me to consider selling her.
If someone offered me $2000 or so though I'd definitely think about it.
The things is, I'd just use the money to get another M90 and do probably the same paint job.

After living with the Taira for the last 9 months or so I'm still really happy with the designs I did, I was scared that
after the initial novelty wore off that I'd be wanting to repaint or redesign, but I'm still 100% happy with her!

Rock On.

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009
You should be proud of her, that is pop culture at it's best. This box is way worth 2k + due to the fact that it truly is art !
I would even consider having a nice display case made so she stays dust free. Very artistic flair you have sir, I wouldn't change a thing !
:nonono:

kaboomer

Member (SA)
Aug 27, 2009

Thanks for the help from one of you guys I learned how to post pictures correctly ! Thank you