Smashing Sharp GF9000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Scotty_M said:
Northener you've got superhero status in my book. Are they the original woofers cleaned/painted?

Scotty
Thanks Scotty! :-D they're original woofers painted with artists acrylic paint to get them looking like new :yes:

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Update: I got a power supply from Del from a Sharp GF575 almost 2 years ago (can't believe its that long!) as its the same rating as the 9000. Well the rating was the same but the set up was completely different. I nearly started this several times but gave up scratching my head.

Well as I've had a couple of days off I decided to do a few long awaited jobs including this one. Took a few hours modifying the 9000 casing to fit the 575 supply but finally done it! Even got the socket to line up exactly with casing hole so from the outside you'd never know it was different. Works perfectly. Such a relief to finally tick this job off my to-do list!!image.jpgimage.jpg
It was at a 90 degree angle to the original so I had to build a platform for it to sit on. Used Perspex cut to fit, liquid poly and hot glue to fix the platform in place. Then I made a retaining plate to go over the top and be screwed in place (not shown). Took a lot of fettling to get it to line up perfectly.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Holy shaz-batt!! It looks as if you had maybe 1mm clearance from the heatsinks on that board behind the transformer.....no?

Again, amazing work & you can't tell that thing was rescued from a train-wreck. I would swear it was in perfect condition...

Cpl

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Cpl-Chronic said:
Holy shaz-batt!! It looks as if you had maybe 1mm clearance from the heatsinks on that board behind the transformer.....no?

Again, amazing work & you can't tell that thing was rescued from a train-wreck. I would swear it was in perfect condition...

Cpl
Thanks!...yeh from the exterior it looks spot on :-)

As for the heatsinks its actually miles from them, just the camera angle makes it look close :-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Northerner said:
from the exterior it looks spot on :-)
I've seen this as close to my face as the screen of this laptop is now and trust me, when Si says it looks spot on he's not kidding, that beast is in amazing condition by any standards. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I would swear it was in perfect condition...
And you'd be right.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
A superb repair, Simon! :w00t: You have demonstrated your skills as a 'plastic surgeon'! :lol:

That GF-9000 looks great, well done! :-D

JT Techno

Member (SA)
May 10, 2014
Hampshire, UK
I finally got around to reading all this through in one go - fantastic work Si - you are a true legend in the boombox restoration arena - this box looks sorted now - glad you eventually got it all finished :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.