Sharp GF777 Switch panel restoration (transfer)

Crunchy_JuiceBox84

Member (SA)
Feb 9, 2016
Space Coast Florida
squeeezebox said:
thats a bit crusty, you'll have to get that smooth before fitting new transfer.
oh and thanks for the positive feedback :-)
Yeah, but the rest of the box looks good. Whats the best way to pop off the knobs and switches? Do you have any tear down pictures, Everything works so well on this box and I really don't want to mess anything up. Can't wait until the transfers arrive, I believe I just ordered them from you on Ebay, Jraygb?

squeeezebox

Member (SA)
Mar 21, 2015
Windsor England
riker, yes I could do it for you, if in uk that is. partridge, no need to paint it, just flat it with 800 grit ans stick it on. you wont see the paint so its pointless. crunchy, just gently pry them off with something plastic, I have used pliers in the past with a folded cloth over the buttons but I wouldn't really recommend this as you could easily scratch them.
Ill do a step by step soon, once ive moved house in a few weeks, ill also be listing some 777 colour match paint. got a few restorations coming soon.

Crunchy_JuiceBox84

Member (SA)
Feb 9, 2016
Space Coast Florida
squeeezebox said:
well done, looks great, good to see one being used.
I was so happy that you made such an item! My wife was even like "Where do you find this stuff? You are always coming up with these obscure parts and decals for stuff that hasn't been made for 30 years."
Thanks again Squeezebox!