Qualimax - GP-1 [mini 777] - Restoration Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Yesterday I start this restoration project.
This Qualimax - GP-1 is a small brother of Sharp Gf 777:

This mini looks great, but i think it's time to go to bathroom:

Here is how look inside:

I found the first problem - missing pinch roller on the Deck A (in red rаnge), Deck B is OK:

I have 2 standart Cassette Deck Mechanisms,

but can't repalce original deck....

I'm searching original cassette deck mechanisms to replace broken deck.
Here is a picture of broken deck:

I waiting suggestions...

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
All I can say That box is in the hands of a magician ... It will be awesome when you are done... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
baddboybill, tnak you for this info, but without picture I can't be shure if that spare parts will fit into place.
I still searching a solution to this problem.
Cpl-Chronic, speakers are 4", but sound is good. Don't forget, GP-1 is small brother of big 777...

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
goodman said:
baddboybill, tnak you for this info, but without picture I can't be shure if that spare parts will fit into place.
I still searching a solution to this problem.
Cpl-Chronic, speakers are 4", but sound is good. Don't forget, GP-1 is small brother of big 777...
Sorry about no pic. I gave box to Skippy1969. Maybe he can take pic and send to you!!!

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Happy that you will take care of this small gem. The cue of boomers waiting for love is big. I know that in your hands this little fellow will be back to glory.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Hey goodman , =)

Curious question. Like the GF-777Z is the center speakers on that Qualimax sub-woofer bi-amped too. I mean does it have 4 amps & the 2 for the inner speakers actively crossed at about 80Hz like the GF?

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Cpl-Chronic said:
Hey goodman , =)
... I mean does it have 4 amps & the 2 for the inner speakers actively crossed at about 80Hz like the GF?
Don't forget that this is a cheap boombox made in Hong Kong.
4-speaker powered by a common 2-channel amplifier.
However, sound is good... :thumbsup:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
goodman said:
Cpl-Chronic said:
Hey goodman , =)
... I mean does it have 4 amps & the 2 for the inner speakers actively crossed at about 80Hz like the GF?
Don't forget that this is a cheap boombox made in Hong Kong.
4-speaker powered by a common 2-channel amplifier.
However, sound is good... :thumbsup:
NIce scoop!! :dj: . 2 decks & six speakers is a feature packed beast for sure. I was curious about the amps because I don't know for sure if any other ghetto-blasters form the early 80's had the 'Bi-Amp' tech, other than the GF. I wonder how it's wired. Is it 2x4-OHM speakers in series or paralell wiring? Series, or in-line wiring would yield 8-OHMS load per channel & paralell or piggy-back wiring would yield a 2-OHM load per channel. Can you shed some light on the subject for me, if possible?

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
Cpl-Chronic, I close the front cover on boombox, now.
As far as I remember, the speakers are 8 ohms, in parallel = 4 ohms per channel.

At this stage I can't fix the mechanics of the Deck 1.
Deck 1 work good with car cassette adaptor when is connected a MP3 player.
The sound is good and powerful.

Of course I made a small modification: I put 2 LEDs to illuminate tuner scale. :thumbsup:

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Sorry to keep naggin' ya with questions goodman, but where are the tweeters? I don't see any drivers in the tweeter locations. Are they piezos? BTW, I'm not surprised the little brother has good volume too. 4 drivers coupling in the bass/mid region will boost SPL by about 6db vs. a single large center woofer, like the 3D-BASS & 3D-Sound ghetto-blasters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.