PICS OF THE ULTIMATIVE GHETTOBLASTER MEETING 2010 DESSAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blasterpunk said:
youngeratheart2007 said:
Damn, that looks so awesome!
To bad we didn't make it!,
The only thing I could do last night was sit tight.
So us (InDepth) decided to record a song about the whole situation and my love for boomboxes
We got drunk, made a beat and I rapped
My Boomboxes, my feet
Please bumb this on your box and make us one hit wonders!
Next Dessau boombox meeting we will perform

Hey Niels,
i feel so sorry, you couldnt come to the show. :'-( :'-( :'-( . We all have missed you so much. We hope to see you @ the next meeting. All the guests wants to have a show like this soon again. Take care my friend, i m sure, we make a 2nd boomboxmeeting with YOU :-) . The rap is awesome :yes:

Cool, when is the next meeting
If your freind Magic wants to do a remix of the song,
Please let me know
and find me a conion to :-)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Okay, since I finally got the pics on my PC, here is my little Dessau story :-D .
The day before
I carried all my boxes downstairs to not accidently drop one in the morning when I am tired. Mom was not too amused by this display in her living room :lol:
1yus8.jpg

Later that day I also went to a local home depot like store to get cheap D batteries. Ended up paying 30 Euros for those. I need rechargable ones...
2ir27wp.jpg

In the evening I got the message from Roman then, it was sad to hear he is not coming. I was really looking forward to meeting him.
29 May
So I had to drive without Roman. The Crown 850 took his place, not a good substitute for him but good for some music on the way.
I don't have pictures of my trip down there though...I tunred on the camera again after Peter, his friends and I prepared the area for evenrything by carrying around some tables :-) . Then André and his crew arrived and we displayed the first boomboxes outside.
Here are mine:
4h6veg.jpg

And here are his. Not all of them but at least the proud owner is in this picture :-) :
2ibp3q9.jpg

After a while I lost track of who was there :lol: . Ralf and Stefan came in. Here is Ralf's display:
110hgs8.jpg

And this is what Stefan brought:
14azsd0.jpg

Thanks to awesome people and awesome blasters who created an awesome atmosphere, it was an awesome meeting!
And at night, there was one star under the boomboxes: :cool:
f016i8.jpg

The Breakdancer BD-8000 that André brought!

I went to bed at around 1:00 a.m. when everybody was still partying but I was tired. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to say good morning to Peter and a part of the crew who were still celebrating :lol: . It rained at night but luckily all the boxes could be saved :-O . I already put mine away before I went to bed.
So I left very early in the morning and kept this meeting in mind as awesome as it was :-)
We should definitely do it again! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who joined and organized it! :super: :-D :thumbsup: :breakdance: :afro:

Fatdog

Staff member
Thanks for that great post, Max! :-) :yes: I am glad that you were able to experience a boombox meet at your early age. It is definitely a wonderful time and I imagine that all of you seemed like old friends after meeting each other in person. It is like you become a small family - at least that is the way it is with the Sunshine Mix guys. Maybe one day we can all meet! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Kudos to Andre and Peter for all the planning! :thumbsup: :super: :afro: :breakdance: :agree:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
Geezum crow!!! This looked like a completely amazing meet.

Absoloutely awesome, guys.

One request, a nice shot of everyone together with the names of everyone?

If someone took one that is!

Rock On.

Fatdog

Staff member
Gluecifer said:
One request, a nice shot of everyone together with the names of everyone?

If someone took one that is!
Hey, that's right.

Did anybody take a group photo? :huh:

Fatdog

Staff member
Ah, so Heiko is the guy who had the upside down Aiwa. Is he a member here? :huh:

Nice video, FB! :afro:

jaetee

Member (SA)
Great job with all the boxes and the videos!!!!

Now, from a DJ's perspective.... based on the lineup you had on the flyer.... I must ask how you it went with the music for the night??? Who played what and when??? And how late did the party go? :lol:

Plus, it looks like you had all the boomboxes playing FM (I saw a lot of FM-Stereo lights in the vids). I assume you were broadcasting FM, maybe from the DJ booth / instrument area perhaps?

If so, can you share what FM transmitter you were using? And what it was plugged into, and how far away you had it from the music source???

Sorry for all the questions, but we had some problems with this at our meet with a cheapo Chinese FM transmitter last time... so I'm really curious how well yours worked and if there were any challenges... (assuming you used one, of course...)

Also, was there ever a crowd of people in there hangin' out and dancing at all? :dj-party:

And finally, one last thought.... how cool would it be if f some of your acts recorded their performances and we put that up on the site's online boombox??? :-D

Can you tell I wish I was there!!!!??? :yes:

Thanks again for all of the pics and vids!!!! Really great stuff!!!

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Super Artikel :-D !
Und Respekt Peter! Ich dachte nicht, dass du schon 44 bist :lol: .
Und André hat so recht! Die CD-Eier von heute sind der letzte Dreck! Und von der Kassette hört sich Musik gleich doppelt so gut an :yes: .

Echt cooles Treffen! Let's do it again :thumbsup: !

AK74

Member (SA)
The Transmitter:
5w.jpg

Music Source was my ipod but later we connect the transmitter on the dj-set and so we can hear the music outside too

Heiko was a member from S2G i think his name was heiko_blue....he lives in france

Magic Mayer is one of my favourites at this evening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z309Bqodwow

jaetee

Member (SA)
001-1.jpg

Master Z said:
How bout a translation if somebody's got the time!?!?!

From the English perspective, the German writing style is filled with run-on sentences with lots of extra descriptive words. It's a much more challenging language in that regard than English and by our standards a word for word translation would sound extremely half-assed-backwards. Trust me on this...

So, here's my summary, not so much a direct translation...

The first column and a half is more of an introduction and profile of Emky's experience there... He was one of the DJ's / taggers. It describes him as a self-employed promoter who plays Electro-Funk music and likes to do some tagging on the side for fun... And the author makes references to taggers as the "fear of all homeowners" and such... and about how people in this youth scene (and the Hip Hop scene in general) are generally more motivated by expressing themselves and simply having some fun, rather than any kind of political views or agenda. It mentions how the purpose of the meet was to put something together that would get like-minded people together who would normally not meet. It said that Marco (aka: Emky) was one of roughly 40 young men in attendance from places such as Hannover, Berlin & Leipzig (furthest cities mentioned) and it was a private gathering that took place in a former electric motor factory in the industrial part of town and quotes Marco saying that he had to beautify the walls of the old factory first, then he would go check out the "oldschoolers" so he can get more of an idea of what hip-hop culture was all about (or what it was like) back in the 80's. It is interesting that this first known meeting of this kind is taking place in the former East Germany.

It quotes Peter (Blasterpunk) as saying "actually we just wanted to have a private gathering amongst ourselves so we could show each other our ghettoblasters. There are six collectors here who brought roughly 30 boomboxes." Here is where the article also mentions a boombox collector traveling from France (Heiko, I presume).

The end of the 2nd column then kind of changes direction and mentions that as graffiti was being spayed on the walls there, the writer could hear some 20 ghettoblasters (with a combined age of a several centuries) pumping out a strong droning sound around front... followed by a quote from a 21 year old kid named Andre (AK74) who adds "we are using an FM transmitter to syncronize the boomboxes. The sound is much better than you'd get from today's CD-Eggs that you find in any hardware store... I still listen to cassettes and vinyl records too. You have to take the time to listen to the music." The author further explains that Andre' doesn't think much of mega gigabytes of music downloaded and saved to a hard drive somewhere... "We want to remember how things were back in the day"

Finally, it wraps up giving 44 year old Peter the credit as the chief organizer and how this meet was a dive back into his own youth. "the 80's were a time when I was younger (read more innocent) and Hip Hop culture in general was more honest (or "real") than it seems today"

The end.....

Please keep in mind that my quotes above are paraphrasing what I thought the speaker was really trying to say, not an exact word-for-word translation. Peter, feel free to step in and let me know if I misquoted you, Marco or Andre.

There was no mention of Boomboxery or S2G and the hundreds of worldwide blast-aficionados that were sitting in front of monitors and keyboards all around the world waiting for pics and videos of the event!!!! :lol:

:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.