Philips D8644 won’t record :(

Kees010NL

Sep 24, 2023
Netherlands
most recording heads should work imho it's just a 2 wire affair
They indeed should. But Philips.. na-ah. Haha. I’ll post a video tomorrow with what happens when you try. They work fine until the erase head’s dead and they won’t record properly unless you replace the erase head with a matched impedance one i guess(if that exists in those heads). But yeah.. I remember my dad used to cut of the wires of the erase head on his Sharp boombox back to make multitrack recordings, before he bought a Tascam. So technically your indeed completely right.. Idk why those Philips’ are always so complicated haha Even their 70s recorder suffer the same issue.

Kees010NL

Sep 24, 2023
Netherlands
be carful with the handle. they are cheaply made on this one and snap :yes:
Not me.. walking home drunk from the park or forest with friends midnight with this friend dangling in my hand :drunk:Imma buy some sturdy bicyle bag then.. Also do not really like the speaker mounting system.. the speakers fall off from about everything haha

Reactions: Radio raheem

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Not me.. walking home drunk from the park or forest with friends midnight with this friend dangling in my hand :drunk:Imma buy some sturdy bicyle bag then.. Also do not really like the speaker mounting system.. the speakers fall off from about everything haha
yes the speakers indeed fall off....mine went out the door quicker than it came in lol

Reactions: Kees010NL

HaWe

Oct 24, 2023
Österreich
Das sollten sie tatsächlich. Aber Philips... na-ah. Haha. Ich werde morgen ein Video veröffentlichen, das zeigt, was passiert, wenn Sie es versuchen. Sie funktionieren einwandfrei, bis der Löschkopf tot ist, und sie können nicht richtig aufnehmen, es sei denn, Sie ersetzen den Löschkopf durch einen mit passender Impedanz, denke ich (falls das in diesen Köpfen vorhanden ist). Aber ja ... ich erinnere mich, dass mein Vater die Kabel des Löschkopfs an der Rückseite seiner Sharp-Boombox abgeschnitten hat, um Mehrspuraufnahmen zu machen, bevor er sich eine Tascam gekauft hat. Technisch gesehen hast du also völlig Recht. Ich weiß nicht, warum diese Philips-Geräte immer so kompliziert sind, haha. Sogar ihr 70er-Jahre-Recorder hat das gleiche Problem.
[/ZITAT]
Ich bin kein Elektroniker, aber ich denke, die Induktivität muss passen. Es handelt sich um einen elektronischen Schwingkreis. I tried to measure the inductance, it should be less than 2mH...that's the smallest value range of my device

HaWe

Oct 24, 2023
Österreich
Heute habe ich einige Messungen an 4 Löschköpfen durchgeführt:
A: 1,6 Ohm, 0,7 mH, complete head
B: 395 Ohm, 212 mH, complete head
C: 0,08 Ohm, 0,09 mH nur Spule mit Ferrit in der Mitte der Spule
D: 3 Ohm, 0,9 mH, kompletter Kopf