Panasonic RX7000

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Panasonic RX7000 was due for a pinch roller and belt replacement. Today when I plug the power cord it makes clicking noise and play mode is activated, but no LED for play. When I push the power button off the power remains on and it won't stop. I noticed that the capstan and pinch roller are not moving. So, it looks like the main belt that goes over the flywheel and all is broken.

I hope the belt replacement will reset the deck and all.

This is the first time I am working on RX7000 and don't have a manual showing the steps for belt replacement and other details. It is better to be safe when I handle this.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghettoman

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just opened up the deck section to replace belts and don't have a diagram for the belt path.
I think there are 3 belts. One is the mail flat belt to the flywheel and two others, where one is slightly smaller in length.

The motor got a double pulley one for the flat and the other for a medium square belt.

I tried several possibilities for the belt path but cannot figure it out.

One metal panel fell off from the bottom and I need to put it back there in such a way that it won't short any connections on the main PC board solder joints.

1713998273961.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I already had belts.
In the picture below we can clearly see the top cover with motor pulley and the inside part with the flywheel and 2 pulleys.

The longer square belt must be the counter belt and the other one goes to the farthest pulley from the small motor pulley wrapping the side of the other pulley in its path.

That is all I can think of now.
Is that right?

Attachments

Last edited:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Successfully replaced the belts and all.
The pinch roller I had was a little small, so I have to put another one.

Pretty much like the RX5350 when you take the face cover off, the VUs gets fully exposed, and one has to be extra careful not to damage it. I made a plastic cover and placed it over while working.

Last edited:

Lost&Found

Member (SA)
Aug 16, 2021
Minneapolis
lfdept.com
@BoomboxLover48 Glad you got it sorted. This box sounds so damn good. It’s been my daily driver since I got it a few months back. Really love it.

For the pinch rollers, the one on mine was toast and I couldn’t find a replacement so swapped rubber from a different roller on to the metal. It works but wonder for how long. Do you know of a new replacement part that works?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
@BoomboxLover48 Glad you got it sorted. This box sounds so damn good. It’s been my daily driver since I got it a few months back. Really love it.

For the pinch rollers, the one on mine was toast and I couldn’t find a replacement so swapped rubber from a different roller on to the metal. It works but wonder for how long. Do you know of a new replacement part that works?
I had it a while ago and it came with those original brass alloy bearings. It is not hard to find the same rubber types with hard plastic. They normally sell a set of 5.