Panasonic RX-5050 pinch roller spring

keefin

Apr 24, 2024
Kansas City, KS
Hello!

I have this Panasonic Boombox RX-5050 I have that got a tape stuck inside of it and in the midst of me trying to remove the tape I’ve screwed up the pinch roller and there’s this spring

Would anyone have any idea of how this spring should sit?

I’ve been unable to figure it out and can’t find any similar mechanism photos for a reference image.jpg

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Some pinch roller springs mount directly to the bracket. I think yours does because I can see the long end of the spring sitting in that pocket on the bracket.
The first pic below is of a 5050 pinch roller and the spring installed.
The second pic is of a different pinch roller assembly, but shows what I'm thinking the spring is like,
on yours.

keefin

Apr 24, 2024
Kansas City, KS
Some pinch roller springs mount directly to the bracket. I think yours does because I can see the long end of the spring sitting in that pocket on the bracket.
The second pic is of a different pinch roller assembly, but shows what I'm thinking the spring is like,
on yours.

Thank you so much!! Yes mine looks just like this gonna go give it a try now!!!!

keefin

Apr 24, 2024
Kansas City, KS
on yours.

Thanks again! This worked! Got me back going in under 5 minutes! You’re my new favorite person I was about to drive myself crazy! If you send me a cash app or PayPal I’d definitely send a tip what I can afford as a token of appreciation!!

keefin

Apr 24, 2024
Kansas City, KS
i love those little pana's. i have a Rx5500 and a Rx5250, and i tried to buy a Rx5600 a while ago from japan but i kept getting outbid.
wow just looked those up! Those are some nice boomboxes! I have a ex-4950 and now a WORKING rx-5050! I’m so proud of them!

the self inflicted pain I ensue upon myself for the sake of listening to cassettes is insane! But I’ve learned a lot!

Reactions: Ghettoman

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Thanks again! This worked! Got me back going in under 5 minutes! You’re my new favorite person I was about to drive myself crazy! If you send me a cash app or PayPal I’d definitely send a tip what I can afford as a token of appreciation!!
Hey thanks for the generosity but it's okay, I'm just glad you got it working again!

Reactions: keefin