Lost a family member!

BMoney

Member (SA)
I struggled to eat half of a double bullseye and one loaf of bread. I feel him under my arm drooling and lifting my arm asking daddy, give me the good stuff you eat. You were not like that before and gave me all you ate.
Nahhh, don't feel guilty. Eat. Enjoy what Duke enjoyed. If he can't have it right now, he'd want you to have it. They know their limits. They know they have to tell us when they can't do it anymore, because our love for them gives us a huge sense of denial. We'll just keep doing what we always do because we refuse to see, or accept, the reality of them getting older and slowing down.

I ate my eggs over easy, without salt or pepper, for years. Just because my girl loved the yolk. She hated the egg white. She would actually spit it out and leave it behind :lol: and she loved her egg yolk mixed with some hash browns. I mean, who am I to judge? That's a delicious combo! But egg whites aren't my thing either. Without her here, I'm shaking S&P on those bitches and eating them properly. Full flavor. And I think she'd approve.

You'll get there BBL. I know you will. One day at a time.

Fatdog

Staff member
You'll get there BBL. I know you will. One day at a time.
Very true. I had to say goodbye to my ride-or-die buddy on 12 April of this year. His box and collar are on the fireplace mantel watching over us. Don't let the possible guilt of your decision overtake your emotions. Sometimes the most difficult thing and the right thing are the same. It took me a while to realize that.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
Sorry to hear about your loss Royce!
It was horrible when we had to put our family dog down back in the 70's. She was 14 - Puddles. So very very hard, part of our family for 14 years, terribly painful.
So sorry!

Reactions: BoomboxLover48