Longest boombox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Boomus Fidelis
That does sound to be longest 1 pc. Wheely I think is 33" :hmmm: my 3 pc Conion Epsilon is 36" :-O Bercha I think is 42" 3 pc :w00t:

blu_fuz

Staff member
Here are the longest 1 piece and the longest 3 piece :cool: .

Wheely and the Berecha! :breakdance:

4-29-2011011.jpg

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
Blasterpunk said:
Reli said:
My Sony CFS-88S is over 36 inches long. Is this the longest 1-piece box?

The Sony CFS 88 is a 1-piece box ??? ;-) :hmmm: :-/
Yes....the speakers are permanently attached......they can swivel, but they don't have wires. :-)

m40dotcom

Member (SA)
Not that we're taking a vote, but i don't call any box where the plastic case/mold isn't one piece, a 1 piece. 3 components attached by wires, hinges, clasps or otherwise are all 3 pieces to me. I don't really think of them as a true boom box really, but really a portable component system that sometimes looks like a boom box. Even though the Sharp 777 and Toshiba Bombeat WX1 are similar in layout, I think of the 777 being more of a real boom box as it's truly 1 piece. Even my Disco Lite MX19 isn't a true box to me with its odd detachable speakers.

But maybe I'm just being anal about it all.

So what is the tallest true boom box around? Haven't measured all mine, but the Conion 126/ Technisonic 999 boxes are 15 3/4 (from foot to top of case, not handle), and looks like the C100/AKAs are the same 15 3/4.

floyd

Boomus Fidelis
m40dotcom said:
Not that we're taking a vote, but i don't call any box where the plastic case/mold isn't one piece, a 1 piece. 3 components attached by wires, hinges, clasps or otherwise are all 3 pieces to me. I don't really think of them as a true boom box really, but really a portable component system that sometimes looks like a boom box. Even though the Sharp 777 and Toshiba Bombeat WX1 are similar in layout, I think of the 777 being more of a real boom box as it's truly 1 piece. Even my Disco Lite MX19 isn't a true box to me with its odd detachable speakers.

But maybe I'm just being anal about it all.

So what is the tallest true boom box around? Haven't measured all mine, but the Conion 126/ Technisonic 999 boxes are 15 3/4 (from foot to top of case, not handle), and looks like the C100/AKAs are the same 15 3/4.

the sharp vz 2000 is 18 1/8 tall from the bottom to the top of the unit ,and no lame ass feet on the bottom holding it up higher ,just pure mass with no fillers.

3boxes005.jpg

tshorba

Member (SA)
Reli said:
blu_fuz said:
Good question..... I would call it a 3 piece. :yes:
but there is no way to make the speakers work unless they are screwed to the hinges :-)

Don't know about your one but mine has a small door on the bottom of each speakers, this area contains the speaker wire.

Reli

Boomus Fidelis
tshorba said:
Reli said:
blu_fuz said:
Good question..... I would call it a 3 piece. :yes:
but there is no way to make the speakers work unless they are screwed to the hinges :-)

Don't know about your one but mine has a small door on the bottom of each speakers, this area contains the speaker wire.

Whoah.....you are correct......my bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.